Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 08-28-2014, 01:44 PM   #51
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpbarron View Post
Good for you! Please don't try to force this standard on your neighbors. Thank you.
Well, one of my neighbors is a cop with no kids so I'm good with that.

My other neighbor is a complete pot head who has four daughters and has more assault rifles than I do. He is all "If someone enters my property I'll kill them". Well, what do you do when your kid has a sleep over and one of those kids gets at 3am to get a drink and drops her glass. Sure, I trust him. I always trust well armed potheads.

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:45 PM   #52
mikeworks
Confirmed User

I bet if USA rescinded gun laws for 1 year they would see a vast drop in murder rates. But money talks over sense I guess.
mikeworks is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:50 PM   #53
L-Pink
working on my tan

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeworks View Post
I bet if USA rescinded gun laws for 1 year they would see a vast drop in murder rates. But money talks over sense I guess.
So, if all law abiding citizens surrender their guns but criminals keep them, the murder rate will go down?
L-Pink is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:52 PM   #54
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Pink View Post
So, if all law abiding citizens surrender their guns but criminals keep them, the murder rate will go down?
He said "rescinded"
That means CANCEL gun laws. Not surrender the guns.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:54 PM   #55
L-Pink
working on my tan

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
He said "rescinded"
That means CANCEL gun laws. Not surrender the guns.
I stand corrected.
L-Pink is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:22 PM   #56
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Ok, some facts since people are voicing what they know little about.

First off, the US is not the wild west, I live in the San Fernando Valley, home to probably a few million people. Seldom is there any gun violence here, you can check on http://crimemapping.com

The only reason people think it's violent is because of bias opinion on the news

Justified shootings are if you can prove you believed your life was in danger or someone else's life was in danger in California.
Pretty easy to prove if you found someone in your house. Just make sure all shots were to the front of the trespasser and make sure they were dead so that the only statements came from you!

I see more conjecture from AKA thinking he knows anything about what goes on in the US, it's clear he doesn't live here and doesn't know jack shit but continues to spread it thick.
Carbon is not the problem, it makes up 0.041% of our atmosphere , 95% of that is from Volcanos and decomposing plants and stuff. So people in the US are responsible for 13% of the carbon in the atmosphere which 95% is not from Humans, like cars and trucks and stuff and they want to spend trillions to fix it while Solar Panel plants are powered by coal plants
think about that
Vendzilla is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:28 PM   #57
TehKinkyHotness
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
It's funny how many people don't even live in the U.S. but have all the answers on how to make things better. Armchair quarterbacking at its finest.

And by the way, if you come into my house uninvited, all you're going to hear is the pin hitting the cap and then a loud boom. I don't care if you have a candy bar or my TV in your hands, you're getting dropped and I'm taking my family out for ice cream while Stanley steams your brains out of my carpet.
QFT 8 chars
TehKinkyHotness is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:34 PM   #58
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendzilla View Post
Justified shootings are if you can prove you believed your life was in danger or someone else's life was in danger in California.
Pretty easy to prove if you found someone in your house. Just make sure all shots were to the front of the trespasser and make sure they were dead so that the only statements came from you!

I see more conjecture from AKA thinking he knows anything about what goes on in the US, it's clear he doesn't live here and doesn't know jack shit but continues to spread it thick.
I haven't said that I would live in USA. Also I haven't said that I would know everything about USA, or even acted like that, but certainly I seem to know more about USA than many of you know about the rest of the world. In this thread most of the debate by me and someone else have been about what you can do outside US. It's have been so surprise that you can't just shoot people elsewhere.

You are just so USA, USA, USA, no matter what we talk about. Can't you realize that there is also life outside USA? There are guns outside USA, there are laws, people teach their kids to shoot, or don't teach, etc. It just doesn't stop to there what you do in USA.

By the way, as you mentioned gun violence. Is it gun violence in there is you shoot someone for self-defence? Is it counted in statistics?

Last edited by aka123; 08-28-2014 at 02:45 PM..
aka123 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:46 PM   #59
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka123 View Post
I haven't said that I would live in USA. Also I haven't said that I would know everything about USA, or even acted like that, but certainly I seem to know more about USA than many of you know about the rest of the world. In this thread most of the debate by me and someone else have been about what you can do outside US. It's have been so surprise that you can't just shoot people elsewhere.

You are just so USA, USA, USA, no matter what we talk about. Can't you realize that there is also life outside USA? There are guns outside USA, there are laws, people teach their kids to shoot, or don't teach, etc. It just doesn't stop to there what you do in USA.
You are posting in a thread titled How Guns are being used by citizens in AMERICA each year you fucking moron!

You don't know jack shit
Carbon is not the problem, it makes up 0.041% of our atmosphere , 95% of that is from Volcanos and decomposing plants and stuff. So people in the US are responsible for 13% of the carbon in the atmosphere which 95% is not from Humans, like cars and trucks and stuff and they want to spend trillions to fix it while Solar Panel plants are powered by coal plants
think about that
Vendzilla is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:48 PM   #60
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
You are posting in a thread titled How Guns are being used by citizens in AMERICA each year you fucking moron!

You don't know jack shit
Oh, really? Somehow I saw also some other countries in the first post. Are they part of USA now? There was something about international perspective.

Last edited by aka123; 08-28-2014 at 02:49 PM..
aka123 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:02 PM   #61
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Quite much self defence in US. Is it really that wild west or do they shoot mailmans too?

I would like to point that gun ownership is not the only factor. Right to shoot people with little barrier, is important factor too. Even if for example UK would have as much weapons and the handguns as US, you can't just shoot people like in US.
Quote:
Oh, really? Somehow I saw also some other countries in the first post. Are they part of USA now? There was something about international perspective.
OK, I posted your first response, where do you get this bullshit anyway?

This is not the wild west, or didn't you read my first post in this thread?

Right to shoot with little barrier? Where the fuck did that come from, as I said, you don't know jack shit and you are talking out your ASS!

Are you saying we can just shoot people for any reason in the US?

My conclusion from this is you are a FUCKING MORON TROLL, you have no facts that pertain to the conversation and have no fucking clue about what goes in the US, so kindly shut the fuck up till we start talking shit about whatever shit hole you call home
think about that
Old 08-28-2014, 03:10 PM   #62
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
OK, I posted your first response, where do you get this bullshit anyway?

This is not the wild west, or didn't you read my first post in this thread?

Right to shoot with little barrier? Where the fuck did that come from, as I said, you don't know jack shit and you are talking out your ASS!

Are you saying we can just shoot people for any reason in the US?

My conclusion from this is you are a FUCKING MORON TROLL, you have no facts that pertain to the conversation and have no fucking clue about what goes in the US, so kindly shut the fuck up till we start talking shit about whatever shit hole you call home
I asked that is it wild west. You know, it's question.

With little barrier I referred to you laws and you made very good example about it yourself.

"Justified shootings are if you can prove you believed your life was in danger or someone else's life was in danger in California.
Pretty easy to prove if you found someone in your house. Just make sure all shots were to the front of the trespasser and make sure they were dead so that the only statements came from you!"

That is what I call "shooting with little barrier". And I am not the only one. And that doesn't mean shooting for any reason, just shooting with little barrier.

Last edited by aka123; 08-28-2014 at 03:11 PM..
Old 08-28-2014, 03:15 PM   #63
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:

With little barrier I referred to you laws and you made very good example about it yourself.

"Justified shootings are if you can prove you believed your life was in danger or someone else's life was in danger in California.
Pretty easy to prove if you found someone in your house. Just make sure all shots were to the front of the trespasser and make sure they were dead so that the only statements came from you!"

That is what I call "shooting with little barrier". And I am not the only one. And that doesn't mean shooting for any reason, just shooting with little barrier.
Do you actually expect anyone besides mark prince to believe you?

Fuck Off retard!!
think about that
Old 08-28-2014, 03:19 PM   #64
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Do you actually expect anyone besides mark prince to believe you?

Fuck Off retard!!
I believe most of the world to believe me. But this isn't a matter of believing. Usually laws and such are in written form.

Last edited by aka123; 08-28-2014 at 03:20 PM..
Old 08-28-2014, 03:22 PM   #65
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
I believe most of the world to believe me. But this isn't a matter of believing. Usually laws and such are in written form.
Most couldn't make sense of your english
think about that
Old 08-28-2014, 03:28 PM   #66
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Most couldn't make sense of your english
I know it isn't that bad. Also, I can speak with 4 languages, although English is the best one after my mother language.

Last edited by aka123; 08-28-2014 at 03:30 PM..
Old 08-28-2014, 03:32 PM   #67
CDSmith
GFY HALL OF FAME DAMMIT!!!

Industry Role:
Location: My network is hosted at TECHIEMEDIA.net ...Wait, you meant where am *I* located at? Oh... okay, I'm in Winnipeg, Canada. Oops. :)
Quote:
I live in the San Fernando Valley, home to probably a few million people. Seldom is there any gun violence here, you can check on http://crimemapping.com
I was there once, back in the early 80's. On Van Nuys. On Wednesday night as I recall. The only thing that I was approached by was a rather friendly group of people who sold me some of the best and cheapest pot I'd ever had back in my pot-smoking days. Hundreds of cruise night people then had me follow them to a nearby park where much debauchery went down.

Some fun hot California girls in that group as I recall. Fun times.

The only guns I saw that night were strapped to the cops walking around who 'thought' they were under cover.

ALWAYS THE HIGHEST PAYOUTS: Big Bux/ImLive SIGNUP ON NOW!!!

Put some PUSSYCA$H in your pocket.
ICQ me at: 31024634
CDSmith is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:30 PM   #68
danielpbarron

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
Well, one of my neighbors is a cop with no kids so I'm good with that.

My other neighbor is a complete pot head who has four daughters and has more assault rifles than I do. He is all "If someone enters my property I'll kill them". Well, what do you do when your kid has a sleep over and one of those kids gets at 3am to get a drink and drops her glass. Sure, I trust him. I always trust well armed potheads.
Nobody is forcing you to send your kid over there for a sleep-over; I'm not sure how that's even relevant.

Last edited by danielpbarron; 08-28-2014 at 08:30 PM.. Reason: s/what/how/
danielpbarron is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:48 PM   #69
kane
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeworks View Post
Why would you think that? The laws we have now allow any citizen to arm themselves to the teeth if they so decide to and we have plenty of laws on the books that allow people to use those weapons to defend themselves and their property.

All rescinding the gun laws would do would make it so that people could get fully automatic machine guns and things like that if they so chose.

Murdering people is illegal now and it still would be. What differences would having more firepower available to you make?
kane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:17 PM   #70
Cherry7
Confirmed User

Guns were used to kill off the native population.

Now guns are there because of their fear of their freed slaves.

It is a sick society thinking violence is a solution to all problems domestic and foriegn.

Other civilised countries can only watch agast at the stupidity and horror of children being given real guns.
Cherry7 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:35 PM   #71
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry7 View Post

Our "slaves" were freed over 150 years ago! You know...about 30 years after Great Britain (where you apparently live) freed YOUR slaves (Great Britain abolished slavery in 1833, we did it in 1863).

And I can only presume you are speaking of black folks when you say our "freed slaves".

Well sorry to bust your bubble...but those "freed slaves" (as YOU call them) are armed to the teeth as well. It's not a bunch of white former "slave owners" owning all the guns to repress the poor, weak "freed slaves".

Nope. Most gun violence in the U.S. is committed by those "freed slaves" (as you so racist-ly put it)

Quote:
Uh...you live in the UK? The British Empire was built on the British military slaughtering people world-wide with guns.
Jesus, some of this "holier-than-thou" shit is ridiculous. Especially from the British.

Last edited by Robbie; 08-28-2014 at 11:37 PM..
Robbie is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:41 PM   #72
kane
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:

It isn't has simple as some people make is seem. You have to be able to prove you were in fear for you life or the lives of others and the evidence must back you up. There are plenty of people who shoot people and claim it was self defense and end up in jail. Not to mention the family of the person you shot will likely sue you.

When you see the huge numbers of people who are supposedly using guns to defend themselves much of that is made up. Nobody really knows for sure how often it really occurs because it normally doesn't end in a shooting. It ends with the aggressor leaving and never gets reported.
kane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:32 AM   #73
druid66
Confirmed User

Quote:
..Just make sure all shots were to the front of the trespasser and make sure they were dead so that the only statements came from you!
love this part, pretty obvious it you think about it for a second but brilliant anyway - thank you
Old 08-29-2014, 03:43 AM   #74
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
It isn't has simple as some people make is seem. You have to be able to prove you were in fear for you life or the lives of others and the evidence must back you up. There are plenty of people who shoot people and claim it was self defense and end up in jail. Not to mention the family of the person you shot will likely sue you.

When you see the huge numbers of people who are supposedly using guns to defend themselves much of that is made up. Nobody really knows for sure how often it really occurs because it normally doesn't end in a shooting. It ends with the aggressor leaving and never gets reported.
Yeah, but as English legislation already pointed it up, elsewhere your subjective feelings only play some role. It is taken into account, but mostly so that what you could expect the situation to be. Just feeling fear, etc. doesn't mean shit elsewhere. That makes it seriously different, as it makes it much more objective.

But I have no argue about this, if you want to know what I think about this subject, read the Harvard's study/ quotes posted. I go with the facts. I can accommodate my opinion with a snap of a finger to match facts. So, if you want to know what I think, read the facts.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:21 AM   #75
Rob
I'm a great bowler.

Industry Role:
Quote:
No, I'm pretty sure it was just shear numbers and germ warfare (small pox) that eventually overwhelmed the Native Americans. They had weapons and a better understanding of the terrain.

Quote:
You can't be serious. Guns are here because it's a right guaranteed by the Constitution drafted by the founding fathers. You said former slaves...that's rich.

Quote:
It is a sick society thinking violence is a solution to all problems domestic and foriegn.
Violence is the best deterrent against violence. If a crazy guy with a gun steps in front of two houses with signs out front. One sign says, "We are armed and will shoot you in the face if you enter", and the other says, "Gun Free Zone". Which one will the crazy person go into to shoot up? Hmmm...I wonder. Retaliation with the possibility of death or a wide open shooting range with no one fighting back. Yeah, easy choice.

Quote:
Other civilised countries can only watch agast at the stupidity and horror of children being given real guns.
Because that only happens in America, right?

Old 08-29-2014, 06:27 AM   #76
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
ecause that only happens in America, right?
Does it really improve your agenda to post some pictures about North Korea, Palestine, Lebanon, Libya, Afghanistan, etc.? Associate America with those countries?

Last edited by aka123; 08-29-2014 at 06:29 AM..
Old 08-29-2014, 06:41 AM   #77
robwod
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
It's pretty amazing to me just how many people on GFY cast opinions and judgements on another country's culture without ever actually living in and experiencing said country -- opinions formed solely from what they read on the Internet and in sensationalized media (who, of course, cherry pick what can get them more page views/ad ratings).

Carry on.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:57 AM   #78
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by robwod View Post
It's pretty amazing to me just how many people on GFY cast opinions and judgements on another country's culture without ever actually living in and experiencing said country -- opinions formed solely from what they read on the Internet and in sensationalized media (who, of course, cherry pick what can get them more page views/ad ratings).

Carry on.
Since when it has been necessary to have some serious first hand and long time experience about something to have opinion about it?

Also, first hand experience is often bound to be more or less subjective as the sample tends to be small, unless you really examine the subject.

I bet you have opinion or two about Russia, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea, muslims outside US, or muslims in US. And it hasn't stopped just to opinions, you have made war in many countries.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:07 AM   #79
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Since when it has been necessary to have some serious first hand and long time experience about something to have opinion about it?
You are a fucking idiot if you think you can argue with someone that lives there thinking you know more than they do from books or TV. Shows what a fucking troll you are.

You don't like our culture, stay at home then
think about that
Old 08-29-2014, 07:09 AM   #80
robwod
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:

Also, first hand experience is often bound to be more or less subjective as the sample tends to be small, unless you really examine the subject.

I bet you have opinion or two about Russia, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea, muslims outside US, or muslims in US. And it hasn't stopped just to opinions, you have made war in many countries.
Certainly I have opinions, but not to the point I want to visit an American owned and operated board and then outwardly question the culture of that board's largest demographic. This is not a one time thing, it happens every single time there is a gun tragedy in the US, and then further fueled by the media sensationalizing the hell out of it. Then, like clockwork people from all over the place just love to run to GFY and proclaim how bad the culture of the US is while never having set foot in the country or growing up in an environment that is different than their own.

I'm not an American, but I think it's a bit ridiculous how often these threads pop up every single time a firearm tragedy occurs.

Personally I would think most business-minded webmasters have better things to occupy their time with than arguing about this in multiple threads on a message board.

Like I said... carry on.

Last edited by robwod; 08-29-2014 at 07:12 AM..
robwod is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:15 AM   #81
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
You are a fucking idiot if you think you can argue with someone that lives there thinking you know more than they do from books or TV. Shows what a fucking troll you are.

You don't like our culture, stay at home then
Know more about your culture? I think you don't really grasp the concept of facts, opinions, etc. Also knowing something and agreeing on something aren't the same thing.

I don't think that guns and especially self-defence are the only parts of your culture, but hey, maybe I just don't know it. Why would I stay at home if I don't like your culture? Last time when I watched outside window, it wasn't USA, or USA isn't even close.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:19 AM   #82
MaDalton
I am Amazing Content!

Industry Role:
after all these years i learned this is a pointless discussion.

a large group of Americans (not all) want to keep their guns and a large group on non-Americans (not all) shake their heads in disbelief

/thread
MaDalton is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:21 AM   #83
robwod
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDalton View Post

a large group of Americans (not all) want to keep their guns and a large group on non-Americans (not all) shake their heads in disbelief

/thread
Exactly
Old 08-29-2014, 07:24 AM   #84
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Certainly I have opinions, but not to the point I want to visit an American owned and operated board and then outwardly question the culture of that board's largest demographic. This is not a one time thing, it happens every single time there is a gun tragedy in the US, and then further fueled by the media sensationalizing the hell out of it. Then, like clockwork people from all over the place just love to run to GFY and proclaim how bad the culture of the US is while never having set foot in the country or growing up in an environment that is different than their own.

I'm not an American, but I think it's a bit ridiculous how often these threads pop up every single time a firearm tragedy occurs.

Personally I would think most business-minded webmasters have better things to occupy their time with than arguing about this in multiple threads on a message board.

Like I said... carry on.
Yeah, this is time waste, but pretty much most of things in this and other forums are. Like social media altogether. So let's not get into that.

This being American operated and owned forum doesn't mean shit. It doesn't show anyway, there are no flags, etc. This is adult webmaster forum first of all. And questioning things is perfectly normal, it is what people in free countries do (and US folks in here all the time). Also, I would again point out that America is not just about guns, or maybe my view is wrong (being ignorant foreigner), maybe it's just about guns and shooting people. Please correct me if that's the case.

I wouldn't even got into this conversation without the international aspect of the first post.

Last edited by aka123; 08-29-2014 at 07:34 AM..
Old 08-29-2014, 07:26 AM   #85
MaDalton
I am Amazing Content!

Industry Role:
actually this is a greek forum now - hehe
MaDalton is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:31 AM   #86
SuckOnThis
So Fucking Banned

Bullets killed 28,000 children, teens between 2002 and 2012

For every U.S. soldier killed in Afghanistan during 11 years of war, at least 13 children were shot and killed in America.

More than 450 kids didn’t make it to kindergarten.

Another 2,700 or more were killed by a firearm before they could sit behind the wheel of a car.

Every day, on average, seven children were shot dead.

Last edited by SuckOnThis; 08-29-2014 at 07:34 AM..
SuckOnThis is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:45 AM   #87
robwod
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
This being American operated and owned forum doesn't mean shit. It doesn't show anyway, there are no flags, etc. This is adult webmaster forum first of all. And questioning things is perfectly normal, it is what people in free countries do...
This will likely be my last post in this thread as, like MaDalton said, there's little point.

The USA has a Constitution. In it, there is something called the 2nd Amendment which actually states the right to bear arms. This is something that no other 1st World Country / Western Nation has as a written right (to my knowledge anyway).

The text of this Amendment, and its interpretation, has been the topic of debate and discussion for years. And has been challenged many many times. The US Supreme Court has ruled on it.

Quote:
"The Court ruled that the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution confers an individual right to possess a firearm for traditionally lawful purposes such as self-defense. It also ruled that two District of Columbia provisions, one that banned handguns and one that required lawful firearms in the home to be disassembled or trigger-locked, violate this right."
source: http://www.loc.gov/law/help/second-amendment.php
Some disagree with the text and/or ruling, others champion the spirit of the entire Amendment as it was/is written.

People can debate all they want. But that's it in a nutshell. The Amendment is there. It's been interpreted. The court ruled. End of story.

Most of us, myself included, grew up in a country where we were not expressly given the right to bear arms as part of our constitution. Similarly, most in the US have never grown up in an environment where Healthcare was provided as needed, and proactively (universal healthcare). People can debate either issue, but unless you have familiarity within each system, you're never going to convince anyone that their system is inferior to your own country or another country -- and whether it is or not is irrelevant.

One of the main issues I see happening in any of these debates is that it usually gets fueled when a person from another country comes in with a tone that is accusatory, insulting, or condescending. At that point, the name calling generally starts and what began as a reasonable discussion becomes a pissing content between a couple of people.

Having said that, I have work to do and this, like all threads before it, are starting to waste my time.

Enjoy

Last edited by robwod; 08-29-2014 at 07:47 AM..
robwod is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:46 AM   #88
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
USA is a nation built on guns and alcohol (and tobacco). throughout the entire history of this nation that is the simple fact.

it's not changing. and it can't change. If anyone thinks we can ban guns you only needs to look up what happened during the prohibition era to see how bad shit got here when we tried to outlaw liquor- organized crime was created, income tax was created, millions of Americans were instantly turned into felons, neighbors spied on neighbors, murder and crime went up, on&on, et al. Some scholars even point to prohibition as the catalyst to the depression, it hit the economy hard.

it doesn't matter what your opinion is on guns, the fact is the gun genie is out of the bottle and always has been.
dyna mo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:48 AM   #89
Cherry7
Confirmed User

American owned - that made me laugh. Behave yourself you foriegners or we will throw you out.

Lets face it Europeans know more about America than the Americans themselves, what with failing education system, a rampant propaganda media, a one party state pretending to be a two party one, the nonsense that Americans come out with is just material for comedians.

And of course you have military bases in almost all of our countries and dictate what our puppet governments must do, so we have a fair idea of American sillyness, moneterism, trickle down, foriegn wars etc..

Giving a child a loaded machine gun. That must take the prize for one of the most stupid acts on the planet. Go USA !
Cherry7 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:55 AM   #90
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
This will likely be my last post in this thread as, like MaDalton said, there's little point.

The USA has a Constitution. In it, there is something called the 2nd Amendment which actually states the right to bear arms. This is something that no other 1st World Country / Western Nation has as a written right (to my knowledge anyway).
Yeah, but this hasn't been about some amendents in any point. No one hasn't said that it's illegal to posses guns in America.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:05 AM   #91
robwod
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Yeah, but this hasn't been about some amendents in any point. No one hasn't said that it's illegal to posses guns in America.
Sure it does. It goes to the spirit of this ongoing conversation every time guns are brought up. Guns and ownership are a guaranteed right to US citizens, a PART of their culture. This is exactly what people, such as yourself, keep critiquing and comparing to other countries. Without that right, there would be no other related laws, such as right to shoot intruders. Whether you see it or not, your problem is with the US Constitution and the 2nd Amendment in particular.

It all starts and ends at that point.

Last edited by robwod; 08-29-2014 at 08:07 AM..
Old 08-29-2014, 08:05 AM   #92
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Quote:

the sun never sets on the british flag you stupid motherfucker.
dyna mo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:08 AM   #93
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Quote:
American owned - that made me laugh. Behave yourself you foriegners or we will throw you out.

Lets face it Europeans know more about America than the Americans themselves, what with failing education system, a rampant propaganda media, a one party state pretending to be a two party one, the nonsense that Americans come out with is just material for comedians.

And of course you have military bases in almost all of our countries and dictate what our puppet governments must do, so we have a fair idea of American sillyness, moneterism, trickle down, foriegn wars etc..

Giving a child a loaded machine gun. That must take the prize for one of the most stupid acts on the planet. Go USA !

you stupid motherfucker.

Quote:
If Britain were a U.S. state, it would be the second-poorest, behind Alabama and before Mississippi
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...e-mississippi/
Old 08-29-2014, 08:19 AM   #94
wehateporn
Promoting Debate on GFY

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna mo View Post
They used the Mean instead of the Median
Old 08-29-2014, 08:21 AM   #95
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Sure it does. It goes to the spirit of this ongoing conversation every time guns are brought up. Guns and ownership are a guaranteed right to US citizens, a PART of their culture. This is exactly what people, such as yourself, keep critiquing and comparing to other countries. Without that right, there would be no other related laws, such as right to shoot intruders. Whether you see it or not, your problem is with the US Constitution and the 2nd Amendment in particular.

It all starts and ends at that point.
No, that isn't the point. Having guns and rights to shoot people are totally different things. Also, my questioning has been about the statements made in the the first post. It compared things to other countries, so it made comparisons as a subject, not me.

I don't agree shooting people for stealing candy bars, but that hasn't been under my critique (or at least the point of it) as it's just a matter of opinion and legislation. I have critiqued the false facts.

You just try to point out that if it's in the law, the conversation should stop there, altogether. As it's "written in stone" or something like that.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:23 AM   #96
robwod
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
No, that isn't the point.
Let's just agree to disagree.

Carry on
Old 08-29-2014, 08:26 AM   #97
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Let's just agree to disagree.

Carry on
Okay, I just wanted to say that one could say that in my country there is culture having guns, at least there is shitload of them, but surely not culture of shooting people, besides enemies, we have that culture, but not shooting own people.

So I really don't agree about guns = shooting own people.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:36 AM   #98
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehateporn View Post
They used the Mean instead of the Median
OK. So UK the country ranks 10th poorest US state instead of 2nd. That doesn't change the fact that poster is a stupid motherfucker finger pointer.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:41 AM   #99
Vendzilla
Biker Gnome

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDalton View Post

/thread
Exactly, it's our cultures colliding.

I want to keep my guns, I was raised with them, I will pass them on to my daughter.

I don't believe I have ever told you or anyone else to buy a gun, don't ask me to get rid of mine because you think differently than me.

Assholes like AKA will argue this without knowing jack shit about the other side. Difference being I will never tell anyone to get a gun that is against having one.

BTW, the state of Pennsylvania has 1,299,372 resident deer hunting licenses. I'd say that's a pretty large group.

LEADING DEER HUNTING STATES
(Licensed Resident Deer Hunters)
Pennsylvania 1,299,372
Michigan 1,005,000
Wisconsin 894,543
New York 812,446
Texas 645,000

LEADING WHITETAIL STATES
(Estimated whitetail populations)
Texas 3,748,000
Michigan 1,900,000
Mississippi 1,750,000
Wisconsin 1,600,000
Alabama 1,500,000

LEADING DEER-KILL STATES
(Total Whitetail Kill, Gun and Bow)
Wisconsin 469,555
Texas 442,000
Michigan 440,000
Pennsylvania 430,583
Georgia 375,100

LEADING FIREARM STATES
(Licensed Resident Gun Hunters)
Pennsylvania 1,000,000
Michigan 675,000
Wisconsin 656,164
New York 643,534
Texas 570,000

LEADING BOW HUNTING STATES
(Licensed Resident Bow Hunters)
Michigan 330,000
Pennsylvania 299,372
Wisconsin 238,379
Ohio 190,000
New York 168,912

LEADING BOW DEER KILL STATES
(Total Whitetail Kill With Bows)
Michigan 97,000
Wisconsin 69,269
Pennsylvania 54,622
Mississippi 40,000
Alabama 40,000

Published in Deer Hunters' 1998 Almanac by Deer & Deer Hunting Magazine
think about that
Old 08-29-2014, 12:32 PM   #100
xXXtesy10
Fakecoin Investor

Industry Role:
http://beforeitsnews.com/politics/20...o-2489544.html

kills more nuff said
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...lon-int-761244
xXXtesy10 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >