Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 10-01-2003, 10:39 PM   #1
oldnewbie
Confirmed User

No more Voyeur in VoyeurWeb?

Just read on the VoyeurWeb.com site that they're removing the voyeur section. Here's a clip from the story:

"Today, October 1st , will be the last day that we will feature the full range of voyeur pictures at the voyeur section. I finally made my decision yesterday - and I slept much better last night. Different issues led to this decision, here are just some pieces:

When we started years ago, it took massive preparation to voyeur someone. Today, even a freaking cell phone can be used to voyeur an entire dressing room. What used to be an exciting game of preparations and thrills, has turned into something you can buy around the corner. The thrill is gone.

Our lawmakers didn't sleep. Today, in many countries voyeur laws are being passed on national level. Video voyeurism is or will turn into a federal/national crime in your country too. If caught, your life is ruined and your family is in jeopardy and your job is gone. With the visibility that Voyeurweb has, it would be more than unresponsible to motivate new voyeurs. And I dont want the authorities to present them our pages as their fishing grounds for criminals. That would be stupid. Its more about your ass (if you are a voyeur), than our asses (as a publisher), but still.

Voyeurweb mutated into the most huge playground for adults over the years. Our reputation is very good as we play by rules and by common sense. Our fun is harmless. We would be invited to many work and advisory panels regarding new media laws in several countries, if we would not feature that one section...the voyeur section. I prefer to have a voice in those panels - those are panels where we can change something for the future. Bottomline: From tomorrow on there will be no voyeur section. Will it re-open with a different picture policy, like for example tolerating pictures which were taken at public places with no covert equipments while only banning covert angles and spy equipment? This I dont know - it depends on the outcome of my public discussions at our General BB. Feel free to join if you feel like you have to say something! Besides the Voyeur Section, no other section are effected by my decission."

Interresting, eh? And kind of sad.
oldnewbie is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 10:42 PM   #2
4Pics
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
someone else will step up and get all his traffic now?
4Pics is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 10:49 PM   #3
BRISK
Too lazy to set a custom title

Damn, that's gonna be a real hit to their biz
Old 10-01-2003, 10:51 PM   #4
Ludedude
Suck it!

Industry Role:
What a pussy. He should have at least mentioned the real *coughVISAcough* reason instead of some bullshit about foreign media panels
Old 10-01-2003, 11:02 PM   #5
Rictor
Old Timer

Industry Role:
I'm surprised they caved. It's not like the rest of their site is legal either.
Rictor is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 11:21 PM   #6
Carrie
Confirmed User

Well it's not really "voyeur" web anymore anyway. Most posts are from guys taking pics of their wives, and amateurs taking pics of themselves. Hard to find genuine "voyeur" content in there anymore.
It's more like "showoff" web nowadays. But hard to think they'll be closing it down.

VoyeurWeb is tied in closely with RedClouds and ProAdult - I wonder what this bodes for the future with those two, if anything?
Carrie is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 11:21 PM   #7
Nima
Confirmed User

I really think that will kill the site badly. The main reason why they come to that site is to see voyeur pics! without that a large chunk of their vistors will be gone for good
Nima is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 10:26 AM   #8
oldnewbie
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally posted by Nezster
I really think that will kill the site badly. The main reason why they come to that site is to see voyeur pics! without that a large chunk of their vistors will be gone for good
Actually, I think it will fall somewhere in between. He may lose some of his bookmarkers who were only there for the voyeur pics, but I doubt new surfers would have even noticed if he hadn't pointed it out.

The voyeur category was just one section, and he has tons of visitor contributions, so it's not like the free pics are going away, just one category. Granted, it's the category that made them famous, and their namesake, but I think they have enough other stuff to make up for it now. Joe Surfer usually doesn't notice if the domain matches the content exactly, as long as there's lots of free shit.

Also, if this Visa "public nudity" thing was the reason, wouldn't he have removed all visitor contributions too?

oldnewbie is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 11:16 AM   #9
gornyhuy
Chafed.

I don't get it... They have KICK ASS traffic because of the voyeur thing and their brand name and every last bit feeds RedClouds. Why don't they just take it off-shore and stop worrying?

gornyhuy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >