Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:36 PM   #51
NewOldPlayer
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtyVisions View Post
So the bitch succeeded and Toys R Us pulled the action figures. Fucking pussies.

Oh, and just for the record, for anyone who is outraged that they were sold there in the first place, here's a picture of the packaging:

Notice the upper right hand corner?

"Ages 15+"

Just because a store sells something doesn't mean it's suitable for all ages who walk in the door. I guess Best Buy and whoever the fuck else sells DVDs & Blu_Rays should stop selling PG-13 and R rated movies because, heaven-for-fucking-bid a child might see it on the shelf. Boo fucking Hoo.

By the way, NewOldPlayer, I am a parent. I have a 13 year old son. He listens to heavy metal (among other things) and likes horror and sci-fi movies. The few remaining Movie Maniacs figures I had that my wife didn't make me sell (bitch...) now sit proudly on shelves in his room. He's had these interests for at least 5 years now.

Do you know why it's not a big deal? Because at an early age, and continuously, I've taught him the difference between right and wrong; fantasy and reality. I've been there to explain things he sees and experiences and discuss those things with him and answer any questions he may have.

So where does he stand after being exposed to these horrible things that kids shouldn't see? Well, he skipped a grade in school and still is on distinguished honor roll. He's a 2 Keup Brown Belt in Tae Kwon Do (one more level until his black belt test), the top student in their leadership class, and often starts classes and assists the instructor. He also gives private lessons. His exposure to sensitive topics has obviously had a negative impact on his life...

Simple solution: Parent your fucking children! Talk to them, spend time with them, answer their questions, explain things to them. Don't overly shelter them and expect the outside world to raise them. If you have kids, be a parent to them. Take an active role in their growth and development (crying and bitching that everything should be hidden from their eyes is NOT parenting).
Yes, it's great that you are talking to your kid and raising him right, but there is a huge population of children that don't benefit from being raised by caring parents.

I'm talking about introducing young minds to meth thru toys and the influence that may have on their curiosity in the future. You can talk a kid blue in the face, but he/she will still experiment. When a child plays with a meth doll subconsciously he may think that meth is 'not that bad' because his parents bought him a meth doll from a really cool tv show. So a few years later when little Billy is at a party and some punk whips out some meth, he is more likely to try it because he used to play with a meth doll and might be a little curious, because, after all, mommy and daddy bought him the meth doll so it can't be that bad. Same reason they got rid of candy cigarettes. Kids are very impressionable. They act and mimic everything around them and are curious to try new things. I wish parents would introduce their kids to anything other than a doll holding a fucking bag of methamphetamine. The doll is cute and campy for adults, but kids are not mature enough to make the distinction. Young children's minds are not fully developed. That is why they are called children and adults have the responsibility to protect and raise them. It's not rocket science. Keep the drugs and their influence as far away from a child's growing mind as humanly possible.

BTW, toy makers place the target age of a product on the toy for 2 reasons: 1) to let parents know if their kid is the right age for the product, and 2) It's a drawing card for younger kids. When young kids see toys that are for kids a few years older than they are, they want that toy even more. Kids have a huge affinity for wanting to be older and 'cooler' and they love playing with toys made for 'older kids.' They go out of their way to access and buy toys that are out of their age range. A doll for 15 year old kids will make every 8 year old kid scream that he wants one for Xmas to find out the mystery. Dumb ass parents will buy them the toy because they think it's cool, and what parent doesn't want to please his kid with a tv show doll, that the parents think is waaaay cool also?

Last edited by NewOldPlayer; 10-21-2014 at 11:43 PM..
NewOldPlayer is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >