Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 09-14-2014, 03:40 AM   #1
Mutt
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Selling Apple Short A Good Idea?

Steve Jobs was the visionary and the face of Apple - I can't see the company maintaining the wave of trendsetting technology without him. So that eventually has to mean Apple returns to earth along with its stock value.

Yes? No?
Old 09-14-2014, 03:51 AM   #2
AdultKing
Raise Your Weapon

Industry Role:
While Johnny Ive and Tim Cook remain I would bet that Apple will still stay the brand that everyone else wants to be.
AdultKing is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:41 AM   #3
SBJ
So Fucking Fabulous

Industry Role:
no it will continue to grow as long as iSheople are allowed to breed. I have a few nephews that are 5 and 9. They both have their own ipad minis. A year or so ago I was on my android phone and the older one asked me if that was a iphone.. When I told him what I had he rolled his eyes like my phone was junk and he couldn't be bothered. Both of their parents are iphone owners.

Just look at the buzz over the iphone 5.5" phone. They make it sound like there hasn't been 5.5" phones for the last few years..
SBJ is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 05:19 AM   #4
Best-In-BC
Confirmed User

lol, Visionary, Yeah right, get off his dick and his shitty computers. The guy was a POS human being
Old 09-14-2014, 05:37 AM   #5
AdultKing
Raise Your Weapon

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Best-In-BC View Post
lol, Visionary, Yeah right, get off his dick and his shitty computers. The guy was a POS human being
So shitty that Apple is the worlds largest company by market capitalisation
AdultKing is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 05:49 AM   #6
BabeHunter
Webmaster

Industry Role:
I think it's too early for shorting apple at least for long term.
but you can always gamble and buy some cheap PUT options for like 6 months from now.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:35 AM   #7
ErectMedia
Confirmed Chicago Pimp

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBJ View Post
I have a few nephews that are 5 and 9. They both have their own ipad minis. A year or so ago I was on my android phone and the older one asked me if that was a iphone.. When I told him what I had he rolled his eyes like my phone was junk and he couldn't be bothered. Both of their parents are iphone owners.
Smart kid, probably turn into a Scientist
ErectMedia is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:41 AM   #8
Famemonster
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
I would not short Apple. I have made a lot of money holding apple over the years, I have sold portions when it was high and bought back later when it was low. Unless you are putting a large sum of money in when it is really high and have read something in a press releases or somehwere that it is going to drop, i would hold IMO
Famemonster is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:59 AM   #9
VikingMan
Exploiting human weakness

Industry Role:
Twitter and Facebook are going to be must better shorts when the market corrects. Problem is how far are the tards going to take this market? I have already lost way too much money trying to short some of these stocks thinking the market had topped. I may be shorting FB and TWTR this week in anticipation for an October sell off. I just gotta get the balls to do it. I would also love to short Panera Bread PNRA because I used to love that place but now fucking hate that overpriced medium quality shithole since it is turning into McDonalds. However I am not going to do it since TWTR is a much much more inflated stock.

Last edited by VikingMan; 09-14-2014 at 08:06 AM..
VikingMan is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:46 AM   #10
BabeHunter
Webmaster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingMan View Post
Twitter and Facebook are going to be must better shorts when the market corrects. Problem is how far are the tards going to take this market? I have already lost way too much money trying to short some of these stocks thinking the market had topped. I may be shorting FB and TWTR this week in anticipation for an October sell off. I just gotta get the balls to do it. I would also love to short Panera Bread PNRA because I used to love that place but now fucking hate that overpriced medium quality shithole since it is turning into McDonalds. However I am not going to do it since TWTR is a much much more inflated stock.
How about GPRO? i did a short term short a while ago, paid off nicely, should have gone long when it fliped hehe could have double my money hehe
Old 09-14-2014, 08:55 AM   #11
Jet Set Cat
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Apple shorts are too rich and risky for my blood.

Rather just bet $200 on Delta Outlaw in the 4th at Monmouth today.

At least I know the risk both upside and downside.
Jet Set Cat is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:54 AM   #12
Dvae
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Wow... So much hate, so little time!

Arguing with a troll is a lot like wrestling in the mud with a pig, after a couple of hours you realize the pig likes it.
Dvae is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:58 AM   #13
Dvae
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Good call. Panera has now declared itself a gun-free zone.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.1932198

Arguing with a troll is a lot like wrestling in the mud with a pig, after a couple of hours you realize the pig likes it.
Dvae is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:18 AM   #14
seeandsee
Check SIG!

Industry Role:
how the fuck they sell their story year after year?
iphone6 SUCKS, because it should be million years ahead, but no they want to sell phones every year...

Contact here
seeandsee is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 12:54 PM   #15
edgeprod
Permanently Gone

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeandsee View Post
how the fuck they sell their story year after year?
iphone6 SUCKS, because it should be million years ahead, but no they want to sell phones every year...
Clearly, it's the market that's wrong, not you. Blindly hating on Apple has become just as lame as blindly loving them.
edgeprod is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 01:04 PM   #16
AdultKing
Raise Your Weapon

Industry Role:
Watching Bloomberg Mornings, they're reporting Apple may have underestimated initial demand for the iPhone 6.

So I guess it must really suck
Old 09-14-2014, 01:04 PM   #17
MaDalton
I am Amazing Content!

Industry Role:
i'm 30% up, i'll keep mine
MaDalton is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 03:11 PM   #18
slapass

You have to say it might be harder for them to grow from here.
slapass is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 03:22 PM   #19
mineistaken
See signature :)

Industry Role:
Quote:

Just look at the buzz over the iphone 5.5" phone. They make it sound like there hasn't been 5.5" phones for the last few years..
That is exactly their style - present some old technology and brainwash isheeple into thinking that it is revolution
mineistaken is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:26 PM   #20
KillerK
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mineistaken View Post
That is exactly their style - present some old technology and brainwash isheeple into thinking that it is revolution
They still make the best laptops.
KillerK is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:46 PM   #21
VikingMan

Industry Role:
Ok I shorted Twitter TWTR today and since I usually lose money you guys should go long. . If this turd falls to 35 I can make back all the money I lost this year shorting Facebook.
VikingMan is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:50 PM   #22
georgeyw
58008 53773

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdultKing View Post
So shitty that Apple is the worlds largest company by market capitalisation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ies_by_revenue
Old 09-23-2014, 08:56 PM   #23
Shoplifter
Richest man in Babylon

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
Steve Jobs was the visionary and the face of Apple - I can't see the company maintaining the wave of trendsetting technology without him. So that eventually has to mean Apple returns to earth along with its stock value.

Yes? No?
Not yet.

Although I do believe they are losing their interest in the expense of innovation and to some extent are flogging what will eventually be a dead horse.

However they did sell 10 million phones last week, and even I bought a 6+ and it is indeed the best phone that Apple has yet produced.

So not yet.
Shoplifter is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:49 PM   #24
xxxjay
Tube groupie.

Industry Role:
Apple is just barely carving out its niche in China. I say hold or buy... there is no way there is a short coming
xxxjay is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:29 AM   #25
Sid70
Downshifter

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDalton View Post
i'm 30% up, i'll keep mine
Would you recommend a broker to get into the game?
Old 09-24-2014, 09:27 AM   #26
VikingMan

Industry Role:
Twitter is up over 1% today. Told you guys to bet against me. It is almost a sure thing
Old 09-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #27
PR_Glen
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
i've always hated apple products, i just don't try to justify it with bullshit like how you just did...

oh and as for an investment? No, same reason why its risky to invest short term, tech stocks bounce all over the place and are very hard to predict, especially when 'cool' is a factor.

Last edited by PR_Glen; 09-24-2014 at 11:23 AM..
PR_Glen is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 04:40 PM   #28
VSKevin
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
no it will continue to grow as long as iSheople are allowed to breed. I have a few nephews that are 5 and 9. They both have their own ipad minis. A year or so ago I was on my android phone and the older one asked me if that was a iphone.. When I told him what I had he rolled his eyes like my phone was junk and he couldn't be bothered. Both of their parents are iphone owners.

Lol iSheople. Pretty much as long as we have tech retarded people, Apple will be around. Teaching my mom to use an Android is much harder than just giving her an iPhone and telling her to figure it out.

Email: kevin[at]flirt4free[dot]com

VSKevin is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 06:35 PM   #29
xxxjay
Tube groupie.

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSKevin View Post

Lol iSheople. Pretty much as long as we have tech retarded people, Apple will be around. Teaching my mom to use an Android is much harder than just giving her an iPhone and telling her to figure it out.
Primitive man was afraid of fire, till he explored it's many uses.

xxxjay is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:18 AM   #30
NETbilling
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:

It goes far beyond the size of the screen. The ease-of-use, app quality, user flow, and overall user experience is awesome. Tat what makes people love their products, not the size of the screen or the speed of the processor.

Mitch

Mitch Farber
CEO - NETbilling, Inc.
Email / Phone: 888-357-8166 / 661-252-2456
Transaction processing & 24/7 call center services with exceptional rates and flexibility, since 1998!
NETbilling is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:18 AM   #31
BabeHunter
Webmaster

Industry Role:
If apple will have to recall all those problematic "bending" iPhone 6, then we might see Apple go down to 85-90$ in the next few weeks
Old 10-13-2014, 06:45 PM   #32
VikingMan

Industry Role:
Thank you Jesus! Just another 14 points and I am out. Is TWTR the shittiest stock ever?

Old 10-14-2014, 04:50 AM   #33
Joshua G
dumb libs love censorship

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabeHunter View Post
I think it's too early for shorting apple at least for long term.
but you can always gamble and buy some cheap PUT options for like 6 months from now.
yes this company has way too much cash & sales to gamble on a long term short. much better to put a little hi-risk money on out-of-the-money puts then to tie up investment equity on a short.

good post.
Joshua G is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:50 PM   #34
VikingMan

Industry Role:
TWTR closed at 36.29 today. Almost there What to short next?
Old 12-08-2014, 10:24 PM   #35
edgeprod
Permanently Gone

Industry Role:
Price was $101.63 when you asked, it's $112.40 now (December 9th).
edgeprod is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:35 PM   #36
dicknipples
Formerly known as Lensman

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeprod View Post
Clearly, it's the market that's wrong, not you. Blindly hating on Apple has become just as lame as blindly loving them.
dicknipples is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 04:03 PM   #37
TheStout
Confirmed User

Quote:
I have already lost way too much money trying to short some of these stocks thinking the market had topped.
TheStout is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 04:51 PM   #38
nico-t
emperor of my world

Quote:
Originally Posted by NETbilling View Post
and overall user experience is awesome.
jesus, you do realise you are talking about just another fucking phone right? Keep that dick in your pants dude!
nico-t is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 05:10 PM   #39
hadden
So Fucking Banned

Oh shares
hadden is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 05:22 PM   #40
seeandsee
Check SIG!

Industry Role:
I predict iphone will stay until version 10

Contact here
seeandsee is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 05:44 PM   #41
edgeprod
Permanently Gone

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeandsee View Post
I predict iphone will stay until version 10
What do you base this on, aside from pulling it out of your ass?
Old 12-09-2014, 05:45 PM   #42
cuck

Industry Role:
Quote:
What do you base this on, aside from pulling it out of your ass?
basically 10 is a nice number

--
good thread, i just picked up some apple shorts
420 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 07:45 PM   #43
edgeprod
Permanently Gone

Industry Role:
Sweet shorts. Where do they come from?
Old 12-09-2014, 07:47 PM   #44
TheSquealer
BANNED

Industry Role:
A simple suggestion would be to use past performance to anticipate future performance. There is not near enough data, post Steve Jobs to suggest that Apple can or cannot succeed for another 20 years, without Jobs. So to bet on it is just gambling on chance... not meaningful data.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:48 PM   #45
cuck

Industry Role:
Quote:
Sweet shorts. Where do they come from?
china aliexpress.com
420 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:05 AM   #46
2MuchMark
Videochat Solutions

Industry Role:
Lol. I love how people who have never owned an Apple product spew hatred for something they know nothing about.

Here's some proof once again why Apple Rocks:

About 6 weeks ago I swapped the hard drive in my now 5 year old Apple iMac27" for an SSD drive and installed the latest Yosemite Operating System on it (Free upgrade, btw).

IT had been working well up until Tuesday when suddenly my computer started freezing up on me, about once a day or so. This had never happened before.

With nothing responding at all, I had to power it down and reboot it. Fortunately since it has an SSD Drive, boot time is about 15 seconds. And since its running Yosemite, all of my previous programs and files also open. Zero work is lost and I'm back and running fast.

But still, freezing...

So anyway last Saturday I contacted Apple. (notice: Saturday). I talk to an English woman who tells me what to do, step by step, to fix the problem. Cycle power, click click, cycle again, click, done.

The entire call took about 10 minutes. Total wait time was maybe 5 seconds. No credit card needed. No Fuss, no bullshit. Just answers and instructions. My phone call didn't even need to be transferred to someone else. The first person I talked to knew exactly what to do.

Apple makes amazing products, and their service is just as amazing. They helped me with my old computer which is way passed warranty, running a free operating system, and didn't charge me a dime.

VideoChat Solutions | Custom Software | IT Support
https://www.2much.net | https://www.lcntech.com
2MuchMark is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:18 AM   #47
MPGdevil
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ********** View Post
Lol. I love how people who have never owned an Apple product spew hatred for something they know nothing about.

Here's some proof once again why Apple Rocks:

About 6 weeks ago I swapped the hard drive in my now 5 year old Apple iMac27" for an SSD drive and installed the latest Yosemite Operating System on it (Free upgrade, btw).

IT had been working well up until Tuesday when suddenly my computer started freezing up on me, about once a day or so. This had never happened before.

With nothing responding at all, I had to power it down and reboot it. Fortunately since it has an SSD Drive, boot time is about 15 seconds. And since its running Yosemite, all of my previous programs and files also open. Zero work is lost and I'm back and running fast.

But still, freezing...

So anyway last Saturday I contacted Apple. (notice: Saturday). I talk to an English woman who tells me what to do, step by step, to fix the problem. Cycle power, click click, cycle again, click, done.

The entire call took about 10 minutes. Total wait time was maybe 5 seconds. No credit card needed. No Fuss, no bullshit. Just answers and instructions. My phone call didn't even need to be transferred to someone else. The first person I talked to knew exactly what to do.

Apple makes amazing products, and their service is just as amazing. They helped me with my old computer which is way passed warranty, running a free operating system, and didn't charge me a dime.
We get it.
You are years late upgrading hardware.
You are dependent on online support.
You chose to pay for it.

Nothing wrong with that, but no need to be so excited.
MPGdevil is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 04:37 AM   #48
slapass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPGdevil View Post
We get it.
You are years late upgrading hardware.
You are dependent on online support.
You chose to pay for it.

Nothing wrong with that, but no need to be so excited.
The crazy thing is, he is the norm. That is why they are doing so well.

I have Samsung Galaxy S4 on my desk sitting next to an Iphone 5. I could understand the iphone right away. I am googling things on the Samsung to figure out how to do it.
slapass is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 05:45 AM   #49
Skeletorrrr

Industry Role:
I don't like Apple
Skeletorrrr is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:20 AM   #50
sebs.rar

Industry Role:
i think apple is one of the big players and the answer is YES
sebs.rar is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >