Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:31 AM   #101
CDSmith
GFY HALL OF FAME DAMMIT!!!

Industry Role:
Location: My network is hosted at TECHIEMEDIA.net ...Wait, you meant where am *I* located at? Oh... okay, I'm in Winnipeg, Canada. Oops. :)
I've posted the solution to this greenhouse gas problem before, I'll post it again. Want to reduce the emission level of the ENTIRE WORLD by ten percent in one move? Simple. Start adding Beano to cattle feed. Scientists keep saying how upwards of 10% of methane gas emissions come from cows. Beano eliminates farting.

I first posted that probably over 5 years ago. Maybe longer. To date not one "organization" that is squawking about global warming has run with it. It's udder folly I tell you.

ALWAYS THE HIGHEST PAYOUTS: Big Bux/ImLive SIGNUP ON NOW!!!

Put some PUSSYCA$H in your pocket.
ICQ me at: 31024634
CDSmith is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:31 AM   #102
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EonBlue View Post
No, I already said I don't deny the ozone issue. But I wasn't talking about the ozone issue. You brought it up.

Besides that the ozone issue is stable and/or improving.
Ozone issue is about climate change and about humans impact on climate. So this thread's topic brought it up. You are just trying to avoid it, as it doesn't support your view.

And yes, the situation is improving, which further proves that humans have impact on climate and this time it proves that we can impact it also positive ways.

Last edited by aka123; 09-12-2014 at 11:38 AM..
aka123 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:36 AM   #103
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Richard_ View Post
We had news right this week that the situation is improving.
aka123 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:43 PM   #104
atom
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDSmith View Post
It snowed in Calgary last week.

I've got to cover my garden tonight. Frost advisory in effect. BOO!
Old 09-12-2014, 12:46 PM   #105
_Richard_
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka123 View Post
We had news right this week that the situation is improving.
and the links i posted show that is not quite the case.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:51 PM   #106
Magnetron
Lord High Groundhog

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna mo View Post
It's always good for lolz when a gfyer drives by just to be a dick, eh magnetron?
It truly is entertaining to see someone get all worked up over a silly disagreement on the Internets.

While your neighbors were busy killing off everyone in the neighborhood
with your own butcher knife in hand concealed behind your back
you stood for
ever before the window saying
nothing
Magnetron is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:57 PM   #107
Magnetron
Lord High Groundhog

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post
We'll be a few degrees above freezing tonight.

Speaking of freezing and Man's impact on nature ..... I've heard that the smog coming out of Beijing was the cause of the prolonged spell of below freezing temperatures endured by the Midwest last winter.

Something about it forcing the cold air from Canada down into the U.S. and holding it there like a barrier of sorts. The man-made smog could even be seen from the Space Station.

The freezing temps killed off a few of my fruit trees.
you stood for
nothing

Last edited by Magnetron; 09-12-2014 at 01:02 PM..
Magnetron is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #108
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetron View Post
It truly is entertaining to see someone get all worked up over a silly disagreement on the Internets.

accurate observation Dr. internetshrink, I'm sitting on the beach enjoying the view, the weather and some beers. You can think you know wtf all day long while I'm kicking back enjoying the waves and fucking back with gfyers that are in over their heads re: a complex topic, of which you fail to participate in, simply driving by with your psych profile.
dyna mo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:08 PM   #109
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Quote:

What's truly entertaining is the choice you made. You can clearly see in this thread I attempted to create dialogue re: the topic by pointing out a terrific topic to discuss, which was what did the author mean when he wrote what he did. Instead, I was lambasted for daring to ask the question(s). Instead of poking at that, you choose to poke at me for poking back at that.

you=wtfever.
dyna mo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:12 PM   #110
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Quote:

I noticed you fail at commenting in my music thread, which I've been hanging out in all while I'm sooooo worked up re: this thread.

https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1149915

do yourself a favor, go outside, take a breath of fresh air, peek at the sun a bit and come back in and listen to some BTO in my thread and enjoy your day.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:38 PM   #111
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
and the links i posted show that is not quite the case.
Those are about new threats. The news I read were about that the ozone layer has got better right now. So, different timeframe and little bit different topic.

"Dozens of mysterious ozone-destroying chemicals may be undermining the recovery of the giant ozone hole over Antarctica, researchers have revealed."

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...tica-chemicals

Last edited by aka123; 09-12-2014 at 01:44 PM..
Old 09-12-2014, 01:44 PM   #112
CDSmith

Industry Role:
Location: My network is hosted at TECHIEMEDIA.net ...Wait, you meant where am *I* located at? Oh... okay, I'm in Winnipeg, Canada. Oops. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post
Tonight is the second (or third?) frost warning we've had here this past week. But I see Environment Canada is saying it will warm up by early next week with daytime temps back in the 20's C range. (low 70's F)

BTW anyone know the new up-to-date politically correct term for "Indian summer"? :D

CDSmith is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #113
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
BTW anyone know the new up-to-date politically correct term for "Indian summer"? :D
Hey, we use that too. No one has complained around here, although we don't have indians.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:48 PM   #114
_Richard_

Industry Role:
Quote:
With a quick glimpse those seem to be about new threats. The news I read were about that the ozone layer has got better right now. So, different timeframe.

"Dozens of mysterious ozone-destroying chemicals may be undermining the recovery of the giant ozone hole over Antarctica, researchers have revealed."

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...tica-chemicals
new threats as of march, when this report was released in september.. i couldn't find any reference to the chemicals that are reported to be increasing
Old 09-12-2014, 01:52 PM   #115
_Richard_

Industry Role:
Quote:
Tonight is the second (or third?) frost warning we've had here this past week. But I see Environment Canada is saying it will warm up by early next week with daytime temps back in the 20's C range. (low 70's F)

old wives summer!
Old 09-12-2014, 02:44 PM   #116
EonBlue
Apocalypse

Industry Role:
Quote:
Ozone issue is about climate change and about humans impact on climate. So this thread's topic brought it up. You are just trying to avoid it, as it doesn't support your view.
Bullshit. My view is that human emissions of CO2 are not going to cause catastrophic global warming and that spending trillions of dollars to reduce and sequester CO2 is a huge waste. Period.

In 25 years of following this issue closely I have never heard anyone insist that the ozone issue is about climate change or vice versa. Whether you say so or not it is simply not part of the general discussion on climate change. Period.

I didn't bring up the ozone layer, you did. I am avoiding it and you because I don't have time to run around in circles with you about it. Period.

EonBlue is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 02:46 PM   #117
CDSmith

Industry Role:
Quote:
old wives summer!
Not PC enough. I'll have busloads of old wives at my door banging on it with their broomsticks if I use that.

You know how sensitive everyone is these days.

Old 09-12-2014, 02:53 PM   #118
_Richard_

Industry Role:
Quote:
Not PC enough. I'll have busloads of old wives at my door banging on it with their broomsticks if I use that.

You know how sensitive everyone is these days.
fuck it

i hereby dub previously stated 'indian/old wives' summers as:

"THE PC SUMMER"
Old 09-12-2014, 03:05 PM   #119
slapass

Quote:
Bullshit. My view is that human emissions of CO2 are not going to cause catastrophic global warming and that spending trillions of dollars to reduce and sequester CO2 is a huge waste. Period.

In 25 years of following this issue closely I have never heard anyone insist that the ozone issue is about climate change or vice versa. Whether you say so or not it is simply not part of the general discussion on climate change. Period.

I didn't bring up the ozone layer, you did. I am avoiding it and you because I don't have time to run around in circles with you about it. Period.

It is nice you have your view. Thanks for sharing.

slapass is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 04:04 PM   #120
Magnetron
Lord High Groundhog

Industry Role:
Quote:
accurate observation Dr. internetshrink, I'm sitting on the beach enjoying the view, the weather and some beers. You can think you know wtf all day long while I'm kicking back enjoying the waves and fucking back with gfyers that are in over their heads re: a complex topic, of which you fail to participate in, simply driving by with your psych profile.
Ummmm .... I did just participate. See previous comment.

I do appreciate the three replies though.
you stood for
nothing

Last edited by Magnetron; 09-12-2014 at 04:09 PM..
Old 09-12-2014, 04:16 PM   #121
EonBlue
Apocalypse

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapass View Post
It is nice you have your view. Thanks for sharing.

No problem.

EonBlue is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:46 PM   #122
aka123
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:

Well, now you did heard that. Ozone layer issue is by definition about climate change as it's part of climate. I don't know what you mean by catastrophic, as no such results are presented to be happen. Of course depends what you mean by catastrophic, but as millions of people already starve to death every year and we don't call that catastrophic, catastrophic must mean more like apocalyptical.

But, we spend much more money to prevent much less significant issues, so in terms of logic, avoiding negative impact to climate is money well spent. For example US spends huge amounts of money to prevent few US citizens from dying in the hands of terrorists or what ever. You would save more lives by letting those terrorists to kill the few guys and spending the money more wisely.

Last edited by aka123; 09-12-2014 at 05:47 PM..
Old 09-13-2014, 07:05 AM   #123
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Quote:
Ummmm .... I did just participate. See previous comment.

I do appreciate the three replies though.
no, you didn't. that comment had nothing to do with the thread.

again, go spend some time outside, enjoy the sun, feel the breeze, smell the fresh air.

try it sometime.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:42 AM   #124
Magnetron
Lord High Groundhog

Industry Role:
Quote:
no, you didn't. that comment had nothing to do with the thread.
Huh .....

Man-made pollution from China goes up into sky. Abnormal subzero temps in Midwest USA occurred, indicative of an altered climate. Trees among other things died as result.

..... sure sounded relevant to a topic about trees dying due to climate change supposedly caused by Man.

Quote:
We'll be a few degrees above freezing tonight.

Speaking of freezing and Man's impact on nature ..... I've heard that the smog coming out of Beijing was the cause of the prolonged spell of below freezing temperatures endured by the Midwest last winter.

Something about it forcing the cold air from Canada down into the U.S. and holding it there like a barrier of sorts. The man-made smog could even be seen from the Space Station.

The freezing temps killed off a few of my fruit trees.
you stood for
nothing

Last edited by Magnetron; 09-13-2014 at 11:44 AM..
Old 09-13-2014, 12:07 PM   #125
Magnetron
Lord High Groundhog

Industry Role:
Quote:
I've posted the solution to this greenhouse gas problem before, I'll post it again. Want to reduce the emission level of the ENTIRE WORLD by ten percent in one move? Simple. Start adding Beano to cattle feed. Scientists keep saying how upwards of 10% of methane gas emissions come from cows. Beano eliminates farting.

I first posted that probably over 5 years ago. Maybe longer. To date not one "organization" that is squawking about global warming has run with it. It's udder folly I tell you.
How much Beano do you think would be required for those ginormous sinkholes opening up in Siberia due to the ground thawing out in just the last few years?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5637303.html
you stood for
nothing

Last edited by Magnetron; 09-13-2014 at 12:11 PM..
Old 09-13-2014, 01:35 PM   #126
CDSmith

Industry Role:
Quote:
How much Beano do you think would be required for those ginormous sinkholes opening up in Siberia due to the ground thawing out in just the last few years?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5637303.html
Well since Siberia has pretty much always been a sinkhole i'm going to guess none?

Winter is coming. A few months from now nothing will be 'thawed', in Siberia or in Canada I'll wager.

The "Global warming is real - humans are evil" crowd will find something else to chirp their cause over. Look! A 10% increase in algae in Norwegian Fjords!

Beano won't solve that one either.

Old 09-13-2014, 01:42 PM   #127
CDSmith

Industry Role:
There seems to remain living certain kinds of trees in the area. Are they more resistant to this warming/insect problem than those being afflicted? If so why not have the tree-hugger orgs fund a reforrestation project planting only the kinds of trees that are surviving this trend?

And if anyone is insistant on naming reasons why THAT won't work then try putting some scientists on the case to genetically engineer a new kind of tree. A tougher tree. Maybe one that feeds on insects. :D

Their main purpose is oxygen replenishment, it shouldn't matter what kind of trees are there, as long as they survive and keep us breathing, no?

Old 09-13-2014, 02:59 PM   #128
Magnetron
Lord High Groundhog

Industry Role:
Quote:
Well since Siberia has pretty much always been a sinkhole i'm going to guess none?

Winter is coming. A few months from now nothing will be 'thawed', in Siberia or in Canada I'll wager.

The "Global warming is real - humans are evil" crowd will find something else to chirp their cause over. Look! A 10% increase in algae in Norwegian Fjords!

Beano won't solve that one either.
The sinkholes opened up because perpetually frozen ground has thawed due to a warming trend in the region occurring only within the last few years.

Putting Climate Change arguments aside for a moment, huge amounts of methane appear to have been released into the atmosphere from these sinkholes.

It will be interesting to see if this release will contribute to a cycle in which the warming trend in the region is sustained resulting in more sinkholes thus more methane released etc etc ad infinitum.

Should this occur, no amount of behavior modification on Man's behalf will make any difference whatsoever and some form of drastic action involving Bruce Willis would have to be taken.
you stood for
nothing
Old 09-17-2014, 06:58 AM   #129
12clicks

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Obviously 12clicks and some of the other local geniuses will be in here with an explanation.
Just relax.
Man has never done anything wrong.

********** is evil...etc etc
predictions about the future are fed to the rabble who eat it up.

12clicks is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:59 PM   #130
Vrindavan

Industry Role:
check out the photo section at
facebook dot com co2cc
Old 09-19-2014, 08:29 PM   #131
cuck

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrindavan View Post
check out the photo section at
facebook dot com co2cc
Type it like fb.com/co2cc so more people can figure out what you're saying.

https://www.facebook.com/co2cc
420 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >