Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 10-31-2014, 06:48 AM   #1
yuu.design
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
.DEAL domains ...

Well, i know that internet is .COM and almost anybody cares/remember other TDL's ...
But, one word domain with this tdl sounds interesting for some of my side projects, would you guys take the domain? or will spend some more time looking for a .com that match with your project ?

Paysites - Affiliate Programs - Dating & Cam Sites - Mainstream Projects - Tube Sites - Banners - Wordpress Themes - NATs integration - Landing Pages

Check my Portfolio and Content Production Offers
yuu.design is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 06:52 AM   #2
BlackCrayon

isn't there already .deals?
Old 10-31-2014, 07:19 AM   #3
PAR
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Just my

With the TLD's being new they can't get the extra SEO love that an aged domain gets.
Many of the sites using the new TLD's do not have the age, backlinks, etc. of the .com's currently ranking higher.

This could be why we don't see them listing well in many search terms.
We are now starting to see some .xxx on page one results (wont get into the .xxx topic)
If you are going to rank high with one of the new gTLD's it will take longer ... but are you looking at this as a short term thing or years long.

Why not do a 2 pronged approach,
Grab the domains you want from the newer gTLD/TLD's
And try and find a more aged .com domain (check to make sure it hasn't been used in some blackhat link spam) ..

For proper link building etc.. you will need more than 1 domain anyways.
At this time I don't think *could be wrong* that Google or any search engine takes into account the domain extension for anything other than GEO.
So "free.deal" or "free.deals" the only part google maybe taking into account is "free" and not regarding the gTLD of ".deals" or ".deal" as a keyword...
PAR is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 08:13 AM   #4
Barry-xlovecam
It's 42

Industry Role:
Amazon EU owns the .deal registry.
I guess Amazon EU is the dumb shit that spent a few million on that successful application...

Some folks have money to venture on new ideas -- some have hope to find lose change in the livingroom sofa ...

Last edited by Barry-xlovecam; 10-31-2014 at 08:15 AM..
Barry-xlovecam is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:00 AM   #5
CaptainHowdy

Industry Role:
It's just another internet gimmick to make someone else money ...
Old 10-31-2014, 09:06 AM   #6
Wizzo
2011 GFY Hall of Fame!

Industry Role:
I'm a strong believer that all the new top gTLDs will in the future undue the dot com strangle hold it has on top domains. Once Google and other SEs start giving extra love in the serps for a proper extension we will see that change.

Plus those that think dot com will remain king it's mathematically improbable since there's around 50,000 new website coming online daily.

However, if I'm completely off I do own special.fail and will blog about it once proven wrong...
Old 10-31-2014, 09:50 AM   #7
Barry-xlovecam
It's 42

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzo View Post
I'm a strong believer that all the new top gTLDs will in the future undue the dot com strangle hold it has on top domains. Once Google and other SEs start giving extra love in the serps for a proper extension we will see that change.

Plus those that think dot com will remain king it's mathematically improbable since there's around 50,000 new website coming online daily.

However, if I'm completely off I do own special.fail and will blog about it once proven wrong...
Code:
root@server9:/etc# whois special.fail
Domain Name: special.fail
Domain ID: 5db45794d75a4f5a856d9e197a238376-D
WHOIS Server: http://www.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Updated Date: 2014-08-17T22:10:09Z
Creation Date: 2014-08-12T22:09:54Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2015-08-12T22:09:54Z
Barry-xlovecam is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 09:52 AM   #8
DamageX
Marketing & Strategy

Industry Role:
Quote:
Now that's foresight!

If you don't do it, somebody else will - true story!
DamageX is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:02 AM   #9
mineistaken
See signature :)

Industry Role:
Well if business.deal or similar level domain is available I would grab it, otherwise I would look for com.
mineistaken is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:36 AM   #10
BlackCrayon

Quote:

the only domains that stand a chance are word combos..special.deals or something similar. .com will always be most valuable. its possible that could change but i don't see it happening for at least another 30 years. the numbers of these new extensions is pretty poor. some can't even get 1000 registrations so far.
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >