GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Server/Worpress question that's killing me. (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1283664)

gnawledge 11-05-2017 06:54 PM

Server/Worpress question that's killing me.

Yes, I know I should get a managed dedicated server to not have these issues but I am just used to doing my own thing.

The question is: On my new dedicated server, every Wordpress install is fine, however--I used a RSS feed plugin (any) and it doesn't post anything. I hit the usual update, then run, and then the posts are supposed to start showing up. Nothing.... zilch... nada. I've changed the load stuff on php.ini, and even tried certain .php files in the Wordpress setup themselves to something else and of course nothing.

I had this issue back in the day and fixed it.. but age prevails and mind goes blank..

Any help? Any Wordpress helpers? I am a little irritated.

Dedicated server/root access/Cpanel access....

sarettah 11-05-2017 07:51 PM

Any time I have encountered something along those lines it was because of a bad feed.

So to make sure it is a WP issue and not a feed issue I would find a known good feed to test with.

Thats all I got.

gnawledge 11-06-2017 04:16 AM

Thanks for the reply. I?ve tried probably 5 or more different feeds on 3 separate sites.

QUOTE=sarettah;22063714]Any time I have encountered something along those lines it was because of a bad feed.

So to make sure it is a WP issue and not a feed issue I would find a known good feed to test with.

Thats all I got.

.[/QUOTE]

magneto664 11-06-2017 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gnawledge (Post 22063678)
Yes, I know I should get a managed dedicated server to not have these issues but I am just used to doing my own thing.

no website, no plugin name, no idea, no help

first, check your php version na compatibility - second , even is a cpanel or fucking dedicated server you have something like a error logs - if you use cpanel - you already should know where to go.

gnawledge 11-06-2017 10:07 AM

Well all the rss plugins do the same exact thing so obviously it has something to do with the server. The error log doesn?t show a fucking error and everything is fucking compatible... I made sure of this. Php compatability, fucking anything that can do with having Fantastico installed as well. I?m not a Linux system administrator so I figured it was an error that someone else may have had that I overlooked. Since it?s under the fucking Webmaster Q & A section.

TitanWM 11-06-2017 02:51 PM

No errors in the log? Strange!

Have you tried another theme?

Maybe an empty space at the beginning of a file like "root index"?

gnawledge 11-06-2017 06:00 PM

Yeah, I tried different themes, a tube theme and then your basic "just installed" default theme. This is what happens when you try to save some bucks and do-it-yourself.

magneto664 11-06-2017 07:09 PM

send me your site url