GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   watching the old Star Trek episodes on Netflix. (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1275466)

lezinterracial 08-12-2017 12:51 AM

watching the old Star Trek episodes on Netflix.

Pretty good stuff. Definitely the golden age of sci-fi writers.

So many good writers.

Bladewire 08-12-2017 12:57 AM

Star Trek shaped my home alone after school time growing up :thumbsup

femdomdestiny 08-12-2017 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lezinterracial (Post 21947941)

Pretty good stuff. Definitely the golden age of sci-fi writers.

So many good writers.

TOS?Remastered?

2MuchMark 08-12-2017 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by femdomdestiny (Post 21948055)
TOS?Remastered?

Yes, remastered, and its pretty cool.

Whoever put it together did it by honouring the original artists and keeping with the same style. The music has been re recorded in stereo, as have the sound effects. The images have been cleaned-up to remove dust and specs, and the colors fixed.

The visual effects are beautiful. They are in the same style as the original, but with more detail. The planets look real, the Enterprise looks amazing, etc.

Some of the episodes are in wide screen and some are in 4:3 - not sure why.

They also fixed a few monitor things. Watch "The Cage" for example. The zoom-in on the enterprise bridge from space now looks perfect, and they used a little CGI to extend the edge of the bridge so everything now lines up.

This isn't like Star Wars:A New Hope, in 2001 with all kinds of extra aliens and scenes and crap. This is the true original ST:TOS, with some spit and polish. Very well done.

femdomdestiny 08-12-2017 08:06 AM

Cool, but still, the ship's max speed is warp 8. They should improve that, too.

pimpmaster9000 08-12-2017 08:14 AM

I have probably seen every star trek ever...its 500+ hours of material easy...

femdomdestiny 08-12-2017 08:19 AM

Me too...and can't understand why Enterprise was canceled.

brassmonkey 08-12-2017 08:25 AM

warm up battlestar galactica 1978 luved it

femdomdestiny 08-12-2017 08:33 AM

I have them here, but it is not keeping my attention so much. Can't wait for this

The Orville (TV Series 2017? ) - IMDb

EddyTheDog 08-12-2017 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2MuchMark (Post 21948436)
Yes, remastered, and its pretty cool.

Whoever put it together did it by honouring the original artists and keeping with the same style. The music has been re recorded in stereo, as have the sound effects. The images have been cleaned-up to remove dust and specs, and the colors fixed.

The visual effects are beautiful. They are in the same style as the original, but with more detail. The planets look real, the Enterprise looks amazing, etc.

Some of the episodes are in wide screen and some are in 4:3 - not sure why.

They also fixed a few monitor things. Watch "The Cage" for example. The zoom-in on the enterprise bridge from space now looks perfect, and they used a little CGI to extend the edge of the bridge so everything now lines up.

This isn't like Star Wars:A New Hope, in 2001 with all kinds of extra aliens and scenes and crap. This is the true original ST:TOS, with some spit and polish. Very well done.

Shatner was a bit of a babe back in the day...

MFCT 08-12-2017 11:06 PM

Always loved TOS the best.

Remember the Spock with a beard episode? Here's part 2 that picks up where that episode left off. Essential and must-see for any TOS fan.

https://youtu.be/dJf2ovQtI6w

lezinterracial 08-13-2017 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFCT (Post 21950191)

Remember the Spock with a beard episode? Here's part 2 that picks up where that episode left off. Essential and must-see for any TOS fan.

I just got through watching that. And was wondering what happened after the change over. Kirk saying it wasn't logical, that they couldn't keep surviving like that. But the only logical thing for Spock to do, was continue, If he showed any weakness, He would be killed.

I also like how Spock told Sulu his people would avenge him. Everybody is scared shitless of the vulcans.

nico-t 08-13-2017 01:17 AM

i never watched it. So i watched the old movies a few years back, thinking if its so popular the movies will be good... they were really bad. All of them.:Oh crap

pimpmaster9000 08-13-2017 02:57 AM

for the hardcore fans I suggest watching the documentaries:

IMDb: Star Trek Documentaries - a list by JoshE117

I was surprised to find out that the first star trek series was not a huge TV hit and not so popular as it is now...at times they struggled to keep the show running...only later and during the end of their careers did the trekkie thing pick up and the show grow in popularity...

Barry-xlovecam 08-13-2017 05:35 AM

And today we talk to our phones ...

2MuchMark 08-13-2017 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by femdomdestiny (Post 21948463)
Me too...and can't understand why Enterprise was canceled.

It liked it, but it was on for something like 5 seasons so it had a good run.

And of course, t'pol

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...enterprise.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...ce-fiction.jpg

Sigh

Quote:

Originally Posted by brassmonkey (Post 21948475)
warm up battlestar galactica 1978 luved it

Me too! Believe it or not I went to see BSG 1978 in the THEATRE last year as a part of the Cineplex Digital Film Festival. Cheesey and dated sure, but it looked great on the big screen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFCT (Post 21950191)

https://youtu.be/dJf2ovQtI6w

Very cool! I will have to watch that.

If you like sequels to TOS episodes, you might like Star Trek Enterprise's "In a Mirror, Darkly", which is a really good sequel to ST TOS "The Tholian Web"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry-xlovecam (Post 21950422)
And today we talk to our phones ...

And yesterday, we talked to our flip-phones...!

Rochard 08-13-2017 09:03 AM

I have all of the original Star Trek shows on DVD, loved them.

Here in the US they are having a special screening of Wrath Of Khan in movies, with a special intro by Shatner. Me and my sci fi buddy are going to attend.

Barry-xlovecam 08-13-2017 09:22 AM

my phone is a computer -- siri? WTF you awake yet?

RyuLion 08-13-2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by femdomdestiny (Post 21948448)
Cool, but still, the ship's max speed is warp 8. They should improve that, too.

:2 cents::2 cents: