GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Any John Fogerty/CCR Fans Here? (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1275277)

HairyChick 08-10-2017 07:32 PM

Any John Fogerty/CCR Fans Here?

I'm a huge, huge, huge CCR fan. Have all their albums (uh, vinyl records, 12", from the old days) and CDs. John Fogerty is my favorite male singer.

Just saw this and thought I'd share. Almost 70 and John can hit those notes and rock on.

Hear John Fogerty?s Voice Change Right Before Your Ears! | Society Of Rock

If you're unfamiliar with Creedence Clearwater Revival, they were a 60's band. No electronics, no overdubs, no synthesizers, no bullshit. Just pure, clear rock music (not hard but not soft) with lyrics that made you think (Fortunate Son).

When I move, my Alexa will play CCR until I need a Def Leppard, Guns 'n Roses, Eagles, Heart, Nirvana, Queen, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Bob Seger fix.

SuckOnThis 08-10-2017 07:43 PM

JFK 08-11-2017 09:09 AM

Loved them back in the day :2 cents: :thumbsup

HairyChick 08-11-2017 07:47 PM

John's voice gets me wet 😍😍. In the second video, his hair makes me laugh but his voice live sounds just like the record. Usually bands sound quite different. Bands I've seen can't compare to their recordings without all the background electronic improvements.

I believe John is in Vegas now but if he ever performs around here -- Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Massachusetts or Connecticut (Foxwoods) -- I'd buy tickets fast. I'd wear those glasses from Amazon with a video camera hidden in them. It wouldn't be shown or distributed to anyone to avoid lawsuits.

Rubber sheets would be needed ☺️

(True story: playing the videos and a CNA came in. I stopped the video and she asked who was singing.

Me: "I'll give you a hint. Three words or three letters, not a current group but a classic one".

Her: "Uhh (thirty seconds if silence) BBD?

Me: "who?" (Knowing who she meant)

Her: "Bell Biv Devoe."

Me: Former New Edition?????

Her: "Am I right?"

Me: "Uh, no, Mike Ronnie and Ricky were new jack swing. This is CCR (and I explained who they were)"

Her: "Oh, old people music"

*sigh*

Geritol time

Boozer 08-11-2017 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PamWinterReturns (Post 21945148)
I'm a huge, huge, huge CCR fan. Have all their albums (uh, vinyl records, 12", from the old days) and CDs. John Fogerty is my favorite male singer.

Just saw this and thought I'd share. Almost 70 and John can hit those notes and rock on.

Hear John Fogerty?s Voice Change Right Before Your Ears! | Society Of Rock

If you're unfamiliar with Creedence Clearwater Revival, they were a 60's band. No electronics, no overdubs, no synthesizers, no bullshit. Just pure, clear rock music (not hard but not soft) with lyrics that made you think (Fortunate Son).

When I move, my Alexa will play CCR until I need a Def Leppard, Guns 'n Roses, Eagles, Heart, Nirvana, Queen, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Bob Seger fix.

love ccr, but he never really had a impressive vocal range.

Rochard 08-11-2017 09:31 PM

I couldn't name a single song they sing... Before my time.

lezinterracial 08-11-2017 09:31 PM

Ever since I saw "Twilight Zone - The Movie"

Boozer 08-11-2017 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochard (Post 21947752)

you are so full of shit

Paul Markham 08-11-2017 10:42 PM

CCR were good back in the day.

danep 08-13-2017 02:37 AM

I love CCR! John Fogerty is my favorite lead rock vocalist alongside Robert Plant.

SilentKnight 08-13-2017 08:23 AM

Quote:

Still stubbornly clinging to those Abba albums, huh?

HairyChick 08-14-2017 08:32 AM

Quote:

Do you only listen to current musicians? Have you ever heard a song by the Beatles or Elvis?

Fortunate Son is played often on radio stations. Political song still current