GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   New user (with free tube questions) (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1250053)

Lindo 03-06-2017 11:11 AM

New user (with free tube questions)

Hi there, I'm Lindo. I am on my thirties, have studied computer science and live in Europe. I've been lurking in the shadows for some time and finally decided to join this community :thumbsup.
First of all, english is not my first language so excuse my spelling mistakes.
I'm introducing myself on Q&A because I have a some questions about my project that I'd like to be adressed about.

I had the idea of making a themed free tube for more than 2 years. Been working on it full time for a couple of months and the site is almost finished, and I have collected enough initial content for the 'release'.
The questions are not about the site itself, I have been in the internet since forever and I'm also tech savvy, I'm pretty confident it will drag enough quality traffic. It's not another shitty out of the box tube, trust me. Let's assume I'm not wrong and it works.

My questions revolve around traffic monetization. If one reads this forum it seems like this kind of bussiness is dead: ads have terrible ratios, networks falsify stats, nobody buys memberships, etc. So it's almost impossible to earn a decent amount of money working on adult.
I have been following the website hornbunny.com as an example of free tube and it may be reflecting this reality. It's traffic peaked at 320k daily uniques, but because of poor maintenance (broken videos, no new content added) it went steadily to the 80k it has today (still falling).
I wonder why the owner don't invest more effort on it's website, I tried to reach him a couple of times but to no avail. Maybe ads don't pay off? Maybe legal problems? If ads are so low-rewarding why not try an alternative? Like having a membership for more than X daily views or having some premium videos (but I suspect this could lead to more legal issues?).
:helpme
I have been searching on this forum but I coulnd't find any owner or experience of a really successful free tube, that means they don't exist or don't want to be known.

I appreciate anyone bringing light to this subjects, clearing my doubts will surely help me, even tho I will release no matter what. Feel free to reply or PM me, I will be here for any quick clarifications. :)

Odysseus 03-06-2017 11:18 AM

Just Register here and you understood how to monetize free tube:
ExoClick | Leading Web & Mobile Ad Network
HilltopAds - World wide traffic network
Pinvert - Buy Sell Ads
BongaCash - The best adult webcam affiliate program
BitterStrawberry

Dont waste time, 2 years is too long for adult idea ;)

Lindo 03-06-2017 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odysseus (Post 21599551)
Just Register here and you understood how to monetize free tube:

Dont waste time, 2 years is too long for adult idea ;)

Thanks Odysseus for your fast response, but if I wanted referral links I could have taken any of the thousands posted on this forum.
The problem is I have seen too many statements about ads not giving a shit of revenue, being 2017 (who clicks on adult ads? :error) I believe them, so I'm asking for alternatives viability or otherwise proof experience of an advertisements user webmaster :(.

wankawonk 03-06-2017 11:13 PM

You can earn good money with ad networks. But you need a ton of traffic. That's really all there is to it. People think ad networks are useless because they can't get enough traffic to their sites or they can't run a site efficiently enough to have a good profit margin. But if you have an efficient site with lots of traffic you can make a ton of money with ad networks.

I use exoclick, adxpansion, trafficholder, and adultforce. I have no reason to believe any of them have ever lied about stats.

Lindo 03-07-2017 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wankawonk (Post 21601975)
You can earn good money with ad networks. But you need a ton of traffic. That's really all there is to it. People think ad networks are useless because they can't get enough traffic to their sites or they can't run a site efficiently enough to have a good profit margin. But if you have an efficient site with lots of traffic you can make a ton of money with ad networks.

I use exoclick, adxpansion, trafficholder, and adultforce. I have no reason to believe any of them have ever lied about stats.

Thank you :thumbsup

Spunky 03-07-2017 07:39 AM

Welcome to the board

HBreporo 03-07-2017 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wankawonk (Post 21601975)

It is a shame Reporo is not part of that list :/ :)

On to the original question - I take your point it can be daunting, and trusting ad networks comes at a 'price' - and the price is not knowing how your traffic is being monetised

I think about it like this though - traffic monetization as a product (credit, vouchers, carrier billing et all) VS. traffic monetization through ad networks.

To make money as a product, you will always fall short somewhere - credit deficient GEOs like India, Thailand, South Africa / carrier billed deficient GEOs like USA, Canada, UK / physical structure deficiencies of vouchers and many more

If you were intent on only making money from 1 GEO - go for a different money-making model -- but at some point you'll start to get TH traffic, or IN - and at that point using an Ad network is crucial - as you have a whole company hunting clients who buy traffic where you cannot physically make money yourself because of your billing method (no matter which one you choose) - so, someone doing the work for you

TL;DR -- if you want to play in 1 or 2 GEOs, use whatever billing method is easiest -- more than that, to make proper money you'll need an Ad network

if you are interested to chat more, just register at Reporo as a publisher and make contact with me direct through the support mails - I am the Commercial Director

PS> all my own opinion of course ;)
PPS> I have built a lot of carrier billed products in the past, so can give you more info on these if you desire

Lindo 03-07-2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spunky (Post 21602623)
Welcome to the board

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by HBreporo (Post 21603034)
It is a shame Reporo is not part of that list :/ :)

On to the original question - I take your point it can be daunting, and trusting ad networks comes at a 'price' - and the price is not knowing how your traffic is being monetised

I think about it like this though - traffic monetization as a product (credit, vouchers, carrier billing et all) VS. traffic monetization through ad networks.

To make money as a product, you will always fall short somewhere - credit deficient GEOs like India, Thailand, South Africa / carrier billed deficient GEOs like USA, Canada, UK / physical structure deficiencies of vouchers and many more

If you were intent on only making money from 1 GEO - go for a different money-making model -- but at some point you'll start to get TH traffic, or IN - and at that point using an Ad network is crucial - as you have a whole company hunting clients who buy traffic where you cannot physically make money yourself because of your billing method (no matter which one you choose) - so, someone doing the work for you

TL;DR -- if you want to play in 1 or 2 GEOs, use whatever billing method is easiest -- more than that, to make proper money you'll need an Ad network

if you are interested to chat more, just register at Reporo as a publisher and make contact with me direct through the support mails - I am the Commercial Director

PS> all my own opinion of course ;)
PPS> I have built a lot of carrier billed products in the past, so can give you more info on these if you desire

Thank you! More knowledge to stack

LetterTwenty7 03-07-2017 01:56 PM

Hey Lindo, welcome to the zoo, and good luck with your site!
In case you need a writer, feel free to contact me. Cheers! :)

Lindo 03-09-2017 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetterTwenty7 (Post 21604318)
Hey Lindo, welcome to the zoo, and good luck with your site!
In case you need a writer, feel free to contact me. Cheers! :)

Thank you. Not using descriptions for now, but interesting service :thumbsup

ironwebmaster 03-10-2017 12:10 AM

Good luck mate

Hey man just wanted to wish you good luck with the project. If you need an overview of ad networks or other traffic sources etc check out adultwebmasterdirectory.com. you may find it to be a neat little collection :thumbsup

bns666 03-10-2017 12:40 AM

welcome to gfy and good luck :thumbsup

j3rkules 03-10-2017 01:25 PM

Welcome to the forum Lindo.

:winkwink:

vintageadult 03-10-2017 09:49 PM

I dont think ads could make decent revenue for any tube below to 10k daily
It would be just 5-10 usd daily revenue for that kind of traffic