GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   GFY Jobs and Services Market (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Need a competent, experienced sys admin (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1248874)

DaddysKittens 02-28-2017 01:36 PM

Need a competent, experienced sys admin

We are a niche website with a small but loyal clientele.

Sadly, they just blew up HostGator's pitiful servers even faster than I expected them to.

We are currently running an abomination of WordPress and some membership script and I hate every single facet of this website.

I am an experienced web dev but this is my first adult site, and man, there are a lot of real pains in the ass unique to this industry. I want someone with experience, someone who has dealt with these headaches before. I want someone who demands a fair salary and earns it.

We are currently migrating to a new dedicated server, and that will keep this abomination going for a bit longer, but I want to look ahead to the future now.

I've decided I want to tear this site down and rebuild it. My plan is to use Lumen (Laravel) to build a smoking-fast site with some custom social media integration features I've been meaning to do.

Here is where I need help:

1. I want this thing to run stupid fast, and scale as needed, without bankrupting us. I am currently using cdn77 to host all media, and I was planning to move to AWS with ver 2. Once we replace WordPress with custom Lumen, this thing should have very little overhead, aside from loading content (pics, HD vids) as quickly and seamlessly as possible.

2. I am currently using CCBill as our primary MOP. I would like to replace the current god-awful membership script with my own code, but that will require some amount of integration with the CCBill API. I have never used CCBill before, so finding someone can help test that integration is going to save me a whole lot of wasted time. I am also open to integrating with other MOPs- but as far as I can tell, they remain the most "pro" PCI compliant option available here in adult world. Am I wrong?

3. I want to integrate a Bitcoin method of payment. This is something I've been meaning to do for awhile, but I have never gotten around to it. I know very little about bitcoin and am looking for an expert to advise me on this.

Thank you for reading my long rambling rant.

Please feel free to contact me directly at daddy (at) daddyskittens (dot) com or here on the board.

Milan_Quantox 03-01-2017 03:57 AM

Hello, good that I read your post as we have a guy for you. We've been in the industry for quite some time and have programmers who can do the work for you :thumbsup Sending you email :thumbsup

brandonstills 03-01-2017 03:54 PM

I'm currently building a cloud hosted CMS system for paysites. It's designed from the start to be horizontally scaleable. Docker, Node.js, OpenStack. The server cluster dynamically rebalances itself by ordering new servers and adding them to the cluster in an entirely automated fashion using server provisioning APIs. Servers get pruned when they are not needed. This means things are fast but I don't have servers sitting around idle wasting money.

AWS is good to start but really expensive when you grow. Their storage and bandwidth costs are absurd. I'm building on top of OVH so the storage and bandwidth are extremely cheap. I can pass those savings on to the site owners.

Let me know if you are interested.