GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Webmaster Q & Fuckin' A (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   tube's legality? (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1065933)

UpnCummer 04-24-2012 11:36 PM

tube's legality?

Hi, i've read a lot of threads and stuff where "illegal tube" pops out, the thing is that i don't understan what that means. Of course i'm not interested in getting my hands dirty in any illegal stuff, my question is about what makes a tube "illegal", is it because:

1) it has videos of bestiality, rape or -18 content?

2) is it because the site is a ripoff from another famous site-script?

3) Is it because it streams videos from companies or copyrighted videos(as all tubes do, as we all know)

I'm just trying to understand what makes a tube "illegal" and why some submitting sites like fucking1 will ban you if you have an embedded video from an illegal tube, for instance.

baryl 04-25-2012 12:47 AM

Generally when people use that term they're referring to tubes with video that they don't have permission or rights to be using.
Not all tube sites are illegal though. Plenty of sponsors release promo tube clips for use, some even long or full-length.

Tsharp23 04-25-2012 11:12 PM

Yup Generally when speaking about legalities it has to do with copyright issues and if you have permission or not from the owners of the media to have that on your website.

michael.kickass 04-26-2012 10:47 AM

There are many legal tubes, many sponsors give out promo tube clips of their content or just give you a full-length clip so you can create a customized promo clip. They all have restrictions as how the promo clip must be done to make it legal. i.e.: not including the cumshot, not exceed a certain amount of minutes, etc

javstop 04-26-2012 12:51 PM

I dont know, i feel like its a wide spectrum depending on how much its enforced. CP is strictly enforced for example. Copyright is a little more murky, depends on what you're ripping off and from where. So yeaa, law in terms of the internet is still being defined.

Tsharp23 04-26-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by javstop (Post 18910493)
I dont know, i feel like its a wide spectrum depending on how much its enforced. CP is strictly enforced for example. Copyright is a little more murky, depends on what you're ripping off and from where. So yeaa, law in terms of the internet is still being defined.

True, There are still many many gray areas for the online marketspace

Kostly 04-27-2012 07:21 AM

I thought TOOB was the term for illegal tube sites, just like pr0n. Maybe I am wrong, Toob is not widely used and probably avoided.

UpnCummer 04-27-2012 07:28 AM

Thanks for the replies, read them and some more posts and i think now i'm understanding, i guess it all boils down to not using other's videos without consent and buying them, even embedding them from other sites can be considered "illegal" as this bigass and complicated thread about the boneprone issue shows (in this forum, fucking around and program discussion section... i still can't paste urls in the forum... such a noob ¬¬ )

Even if i consider that a lot of copyright laws just serve the rich powerful and the monopoly i must say that until those murky laws get clear in the passing of the years, you just should stick with legal and bought content.

would'nt want your ass sued for millions of dollars, righto?!

i guess i'll just start filming myself masturbating and selling that... #NOT

JaveWolf 04-27-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baryl (Post 18907442)
Generally when people use that term they're referring to tubes with video that they don't have permission or rights to be using.
Not all tube sites are illegal though. Plenty of sponsors release promo tube clips for use, some even long or full-length.

Exactly, and this is where I think the sponsors actually kill the online adult business. Just by releasing full length movies. Never really saw the point of it. Bad for us but also for them.
My opinion is that once somebody gets over it he is actually happy he didn't had to pay for his few minutes of joy. Next time he'll do the same.

javstop 04-27-2012 11:04 AM

They wont sue you for millions of dollars if you don't have millions of dollars for them to take.

Most of what they do is send out notices for their videos to be taken down, its about cost and efficiency, why would anybody spend a crap load in legal fees to sue broke Joe Schmoe. It's the same reason why so many get away with downloading illegal content from the internet.

It's about how much money you're making, like that Kim dotcom guy and megaupload, getting attention for "facilitating piracy". What a load of crap, its all a numbers game.