GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Warning: Dont register domains with Webair (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1063585)

Emil 04-05-2012 07:14 AM

Warning: Dont register domains with Webair

Webair have without any notice suspended 2 of my domains I have registered with them.

I have been in contact with the live-support-chat 3 times and they just say that they've "escalated" my support-ticket or have transferred it to the domain department.

I've been waiting ~3 days now and the domains are down since I have to change nameservers but am unable to do so because they're "Suspended".

AdultEUhost 04-05-2012 07:17 AM

That sucks, try namecheap or godaddy
I have been using Moniker for years and never had a problem although some people here had different experiences :)

WebairMetz 04-05-2012 07:20 AM

Emil

Hit me up on ICQ and I will be happy to look into the issue and get it fixed.

Mike

CyberHustler 04-05-2012 07:24 AM

moniker had a privacy issue one time in the past, but other than that I've never had a real issue.

Dirty F 04-05-2012 07:38 AM

Another Webair success story.

AaronM 04-05-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty F (Post 18868113)
Another Webair success story.

No shit.

When will people learn?

Dirty F 04-05-2012 07:39 AM

How is it possible that people still send their money there and then come crying here? Does this need to happen another 10 years before people will learn?

Babaganoosh 04-05-2012 08:10 AM

Don't do anything with webair (aka weberror). After YEARS of this kind of bullshit I can't believe people will still deal with them at all.

AaronM 04-05-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babaganoosh (Post 18868164)
Don't do anything with webair (aka weberror). After YEARS of this kind of bullshit I can't believe people will still deal with them at all.

They are pretty good with damage control once the problem is brought to public view. You can see that by the Weberror employee post above.

I believe everybody makes mistakes but it's how you fix them that matters. Unfortunately, there are limits to that though. At some point, you need to wake the fuck up and realize you're making too many mistakes in the first place and that it's in everybody's best interest for you to adjust things so the mistakes don't happen or at the very least, happen less. :2 cents:

Barefootsies 04-05-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babaganoosh (Post 18868164)

DamageX 04-05-2012 08:30 AM

Why would anyone do ANYTHING with Webair?!?

Nikki_Licks 04-05-2012 08:33 AM

Good luck getting this resolved. :Oh crap

Best-In-BC 04-05-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adulteuhost (Post 18867995)
that sucks, try namecheap or godaddy
i have been using moniker for years and never had a problem although some people here had different experiences :)

dont use godaddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nico-t 04-05-2012 08:46 AM

I predict a random 'thank you webair' thread from an employee or paid indian within 5 days.

mikesouth 04-05-2012 08:50 AM

The biggest problem with webair domains is that you MIGHT get ONE email a fwew days before the domain expires, you wont get another until its deleted....the system seriously sucks.

2intense 04-05-2012 09:10 AM

welcome to webair !

2intense 04-05-2012 09:10 AM

:thumbsup:thumbsup
Quote:

Originally Posted by Best-In-BC (Post 18868222)
dont use godaddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chosen 04-05-2012 12:17 PM

Thanks for the heads up...

GFED 04-05-2012 12:17 PM

do you own the domain when you register with a webhost?

alias 04-05-2012 12:18 PM

Any resolution yet?

shake 04-05-2012 12:31 PM

[Too late for you now but...] You should always keep your domains separate from your hosting. Very, very important! If you need serious uptime you should keep your domains, DNS and hosting all separate that way you can move your site away to a backup host in seconds when problems arise... and they always do.

directfiesta 04-05-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nico-t (Post 18868228)
I predict a random 'thank you webair' thread from an employee or paid indian within 5 days.

Ali G .... ??? :1orglaugh

B.Barnato 04-05-2012 02:54 PM

I would like an update on how this could happen / if I should be worried...

suesheboy 04-05-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shake (Post 18868936)
[Too late for you now but...] You should always keep your domains separate from your hosting. Very, very important! If you need serious uptime you should keep your domains, DNS and hosting all separate that way you can move your site away to a backup host in seconds when problems arise... and they always do.

Well said

V_RocKs 04-05-2012 03:07 PM

Heads up!

Don't use a hosting company to register your domains... EVER!!!

papill0n 04-05-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V_RocKs (Post 18869258)
Heads up!

:2 cents::2 cents::2 cents::2 cents::2 cents::2 cents::2 cents::2 cents::2 cents:

DamianJ 04-05-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.Barnato (Post 18869224)
I would like an update on how this could happen / if I should be worried...

It happens if you reg domains with webair
Hth

Zoxxa 04-05-2012 03:58 PM

NameCheap has been fucking fantastic. GoDaddy is a maze of puzzles to do anything. I am confused why there is a need to use anything else unless you are a mislead housewife.

CYF 04-05-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V_RocKs (Post 18869258)
Heads up!

:2 cents::2 cents:

B.Barnato 04-05-2012 04:33 PM

Anything to take into consideration when transferring domains?

Does the whois privacy drop during transfer? (long enough for domain tools and others to crawl the info)

raymor 04-05-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shake (Post 18868936)

Along the same lines, most people here probably know this but it's bitten several of our clients: don't let your webmaster or someone register names on your behalf. Make sure YOU are the owner of your name. Speaking of making sure YOU are the owner, make sure the registration matches your driver's license. Sherry had trouble proving she was the owner since her ID said "Cheryl". Similarly married name versus maiden name - when shit happens you don't want to be mailing off for a certified copy of your marriage license.

Emil 04-07-2012 02:49 AM

It seems like Spamhaus have banned/listed my domains for some reason.
A lot of domains going to the same whitelabel-affiliateprogram have also been banned. (I didn't send any spam).

The domains are still down but I've noticed that other domains from the Spamhaus list is working so I guess the problem is at Webair.
(Not only other but all other domains I've tried is up and running except my domains)
Get my domains UP!

rowan 04-07-2012 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emil (Post 18871527)
A lot of domains going to the same whitelabel-affiliateprogram have also been banned. (I didn't send any spam).

Had the same thing happen with Moniker a year or two ago. My domain was part of a whitelabel op that several people were spamming. My domain was suspended, without any notice. (I only noticed by accident.)

When Spamhaus says jump, the registrar hangs out their tongue and asks "how high?"

Barefootsies 04-07-2012 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emil (Post 18871527)

The domains are still down but I've noticed that other domains from the Spamhaus list is working so I guess the problem is at Webair.

Spamhaus can BL your domains, or your IP's, for any number of reasons. I doubt that being hosted at webair alone is the culprit. Typically to get listed on their DBL (domain black list) there is something else going on. You would need to provide a lot more details then are in this thread to track down the source or root cause.

:2 cents:

Fletch XXX 04-07-2012 05:22 AM

hosting threads are funny on gfy.

what is the domains and why are they suspended is the real question hhehehe

rowan 04-07-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch XXX (Post 18871623)
what is the domains and why are they suspended is the real question hhehehe

Colateral damage.

With a whitelabel every domain shares the same name servers and IP, even though they may belong to 100 different owners/affiliates.

If Spamhaus blacklist the name server and/or IP due to a few affiliates spamming, everyone else's whitelabel domain stops working too.

BareBacked 04-07-2012 08:45 AM

Why would you not stick with the large reputable registars in the first place?

CaptainHowdy 04-07-2012 08:49 AM

Try not to use anything to avoid failure ...

rowan 04-07-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BareBacked (Post 18871919)
Why would you not stick with the large reputable registars in the first place?

Is moniker large enough? See above, they suspended my dom because of a blanket blacklist on a particular whitelabel program.

godaddy also suspended domains from the whitelabel, and I bet other large registrars did too.

The threat of having a registrars name server blacklisted, which would seriously impact their business (imagine a million customer domains suddenly not resolving?) means they will probably comply without question.

Barefootsies 04-07-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rowan (Post 18871781)
Colateral damage.

With a whitelabel every domain shares the same name servers and IP, even though they may belong to 100 different owners/affiliates.

If Spamhaus blacklist the name server and/or IP due to a few affiliates spamming, everyone else's whitelabel domain stops working too.

That is a legit grievance, however, that is not a problem of webair. You would run into the same exact problems at any other web host. If you are sharing IP's or name servers, Spamhaus will DBL everything listed on the name server, no matter who owns what.

That being said, the resolution of the problem is at the affiliate program, not at the host. If an affiliate program is going to allow mailer, it needs to separate them from their other CLEAN clients to prevent what you just described.

:2 cents:

Supz 04-07-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoxxa (Post 18869324)
NameCheap has been fucking fantastic. GoDaddy is a maze of puzzles to do anything. I am confused why there is a need to use anything else unless you are a mislead housewife.

people either get duped into it, they are cheap, or they dont know any better pretty much. I host my domains with Godaddy. A lot of people say godaddy sucks etc etc. If you are mailing or your domain, or doing something that might warrant complaints. Maybe godaddy isn't for you. I personally use them because of the stability. I do not have any issues of godaddy being a maze of puzzles. It works perfectly fine for me, yes they have a ton of prechecked cross sales etc. But its not hard to uncheck them, or if you call back when you get billed for it. they will refund you without questions. This has happened to me a few times where i didnt uncheck the cross sale by accident. I always got my money back instantly. Also. They arent going out of business tomorrow. I used to host all my domains with RegisterFly for quite a number of years. They were a smaller company based out of NJ I believe. I believe they lost there ICANN standings and it wasnt long before they were basically out of business holding on to peoples domains. I got lucky and got mine out before any disasters, but I have heard some stories.

Godaddy is a huge company where domains is there business and I am not affraid of going out of business.

ENVK 04-07-2012 10:05 AM

:pimp namecheap UP , godaddy sucks !

Ron Bennett 04-07-2012 11:45 AM

BEWARE! NameCheap runs many registrations through eNom

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENVK (Post 18872034)
:pimp namecheap UP , godaddy sucks !

Even though NameCheap is ICANN accredited, they run many, if not most, domain registrations through eNom...

In those instances, eNom possesses the domain ... and despite one being a NameCheap customer, eNom policies ultimately control - that has burnt some NameCheap customers who found their domains put under registrar-hold (NameCheap can't override) by eNom.

baddog 04-07-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supz (Post 18871986)
people either get duped into it, they are cheap, or they dont know any better pretty much. I host my domains with Godaddy. A lot of people say godaddy sucks etc etc. If you are mailing or your domain, or doing something that might warrant complaints. Maybe godaddy isn't for you. I personally use them because of the stability. I do not have any issues of godaddy being a maze of puzzles. It works perfectly fine for me, yes they have a ton of prechecked cross sales etc. But its not hard to uncheck them, or if you call back when you get billed for it. they will refund you without questions. This has happened to me a few times where i didnt uncheck the cross sale by accident. I always got my money back instantly. Also. They arent going out of business tomorrow. I used to host all my domains with RegisterFly for quite a number of years. They were a smaller company based out of NJ I believe. I believe they lost there ICANN standings and it wasnt long before they were basically out of business holding on to peoples domains. I got lucky and got mine out before any disasters, but I have heard some stories.

Godaddy is a huge company where domains is there business and I am not affraid of going out of business.

People will not listen to reason.

CYF 04-07-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Bennett (Post 18872142)
Even though NameCheap is ICANN accredited, they run many, if not most, domain registrations through eNom...

In those instances, eNom possesses the domain ... and despite one being a NameCheap customer, eNom policies ultimately control - that has burnt some NameCheap customers who found their domains put under registrar-hold (NameCheap can't override) by eNom.

they actually register ALL domains through Enom. Namecheap has about 100 domains registered through Namecheap for testing their back end, but the rest all get registered through Enom at this point.

fris 04-07-2012 05:02 PM

nothing wrong with enom, never had issues

Rothstein 04-07-2012 05:07 PM

same here fris, love namecheap and enom alike.

HomerSimpson 04-07-2012 06:49 PM

just another WebAir success thread...
passig by

Tsharp23 04-07-2012 06:54 PM

That stinks man. I use namecheap. Awesome service!

Supz 04-07-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baddog (Post 18872259)
People will not listen to reason.

BTW, Godaddy also calls me about 5 times, from 3 months in advance of when a domain is going to expire. Then send you many many emails, and still give you plenty of time after it expires to get it back. Would I recommend GD for hosting. Not likely, but for domains. I have used name cheap, moniker, and a few other registrars after buying domains. I have always transferred them out.