GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   WAAAAAIIIT a minute! Gideongallery... what does this say??? (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=905153)

Pleasurepays 05-13-2009 04:13 PM

WAAAAAIIIT a minute! Gideongallery... what does this say???

http://thepiratebay.org/

embassy of time shifting?

no...

i can't quite make it out. any ideas?

:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh

After Shock Media 05-13-2009 04:24 PM

I see a torrent search page, am I missing something?

PS as much as it pains me to say this. For the most part he is accurate in the majority of his arguments. If you really do not believe it just hire an attorney to explain it all and past case law and you will find out the same as sad as it is. Also will discover that just about every case has sided with the copyright holder in lower courts and then got overturned latter on.
He is easy to hate on though and since what he says almost makes no fucking sense in what is moral and right, does not make it incorrect when it comes to law. I used to argue with him. I spent some cash to get better educated and well I got sick to my stomach.

_Richard_ 05-13-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by After Shock Media (Post 15850025)

PS as much as it pains me to say this. For the most part he is accurate in the majority of his arguments. If you really do not believe it just hire an attorney to explain it all and past case law and you will find out the same as sad as it is. Also will discover that just about every case has sided with the copyright holder in lower courts and then got overturned latter on.
He is easy to hate on though and since what he says almost makes no fucking sense in what is moral and right, does not make it incorrect when it comes to law. I used to argue with him. I spent some cash to get better educated and well I got sick to my stomach.

how do you mean sick to your stomach?

After Shock Media 05-13-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBR Richard (Post 15850055)
how do you mean sick to your stomach?

Because most of what he says is correct.

papill0n 05-13-2009 04:38 PM

http://blog.mininova.org/articles/20...removal-trial/

Quote:

Today, we decided to extend our platform and run a trial with content recognition. This basically means that likely infringing video files referred to by torrents are checked by a third party content recognition system. If the system finds that the file corresponds to unauthorized content, we remove and block the torrent that refers to this file on Mininova.

_Richard_ 05-13-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by After Shock Media (Post 15850071)
Because most of what he says is correct.

you have paid for the higher education regarding it.. lots of things are considered 'legal' until someone makes it illegal, i was wondering if this sick feeling is just the injustice of it all, or there is some serious bullshit going on

Pleasurepays 05-13-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by After Shock Media (Post 15850025)

i'm talking about "torrents are for time shifting" and the fact that piratebay.org has a huge link/ad to - http://embassyofpiracy.org/build/ to help people spread the word that they support PIRACY

the only people that support this kind of bullshit are the people that don't produce a fucking thing in this world and that the world would be better off without. of course, if they were suddenly producing movies and fronting 100,000,000.00 to produce and market it... you can bet your ass, they wouldn't be standing up begging people to steal it and defending the theft as "their right to do so"

Kevin Marx 05-13-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RageCash-Ben (Post 15850074)

I love the responses on his blog.... "have some balls like the guys at piratebay.org"

bunch of trolls and freeloaders on the Internet.... yeah!!!! everything for free if you can get it!!!

After Shock Media 05-13-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBR Richard (Post 15850090)
you have paid for the higher education regarding it.. lots of things are considered 'legal' until someone makes it illegal, i was wondering if this sick feeling is just the injustice of it all, or there is some serious bullshit going on

The sick feeling is because I still feel it is highly wrong and fucked up. What he goes over (ad nauseum) is case law and previous higher rulings, which have a nasty habit of overturning lower courts attempts at saying something is illegal. It is bullshit and it can be highly abused. Just happens to be truthful and he gets beaten on a lot for it.

After Shock Media 05-13-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pleasurepays (Post 15850095)
the only people that support this kind of bullshit are the people that don't produce a fucking thing in this world and that the world would be better off without. of course, if they were suddenly producing movies and fronting 100,000,000.00 to produce and market it... you can bet your ass, they wouldn't be standing up begging people to steal it and defending the theft as "their right to do so"

You are more than likely correct there. I do produce stuff and that is why it did sicken my stomach.

CDSmith 05-14-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by After Shock Media (Post 15850104)
The sick feeling is because I still feel it is highly wrong and fucked up. What he goes over (ad nauseum) is case law and previous higher rulings, which have a nasty habit of overturning lower courts attempts at saying something is illegal. It is bullshit and it can be highly abused. Just happens to be truthful and he gets beaten on a lot for it.

And deservedly so. In every thread about this he is myopically focused on the law, case law, precedents, like you said. Not what is RIGHT, and let's face it, the internet is still growing and changing and adjusting, but so too are the laws that govern certain aspects of it. Tube sites are still relatively new, and if they are finding loopholes in the law to hide behind while thumbing their noses at owners of intellectual property then it stands to reason that eventually some of those loopholes could get closed.

The one thing he refuses to acknowledge in his as you said 'ad nauseum' arguments is that "the law" does not always equal nor reflect what is right.

Agent 488 05-14-2009 09:24 AM

time shifting runs counter to the laws of the temporal police of the star trek universe.