Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

 
Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2018, 09:59 AM   #151
Bladewire
StraightBro
 
Bladewire's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Monarch Beach, CA
Posts: 31,850
R.I.P Paxum USA personal accounts it was fun while it lasted my love
__________________


Skype: CallTomNow

Bladewire is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:52 PM   #152
ilnjscb
Confirmed User
 
ilnjscb's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
You're wrong about this and Tammix is correct. It totally is shady and here's why: the short notice. If this is some long-apprehended regulatory problem (as people have detailed in this thread) that's been looming since the Obama administration, Paxum could have announced a leisurely phaseout of US personal accounts way back in June, giving everyone plenty of time to make alternative arrangements. That would have been the responsible, non-shady approach to the problem.

Alternatively, if they just got hit with some sudden regulatory action by international banking regulators or over-reaching US law enforcement, they could admit that, and apologize: "Sorry, people, we know this sucks but there's nothing we can do, our hands are tied and we literally have no option but to sever all ties by January 15 or be in violation of some new international regulatory order that we can't afford to comply with."

But neither of those are the case here. They are saying that the reason is long-term and strategic (these customers aren't going to be profitable in the business environment going forward) but they termed everyone on extremely short notice with vague justification. That is shady. And if you're a business customer who continues doing business with them, you ought to think really really hard about what it says for their loyalty to you and to your business processes, and what it's going to be like when they decide (for whatever reason) to dump all of your business for some unstated non-specific reason on 48 hours notice some random Monday in the future.

So yes, it's shady because either they're lying about the reason being long-term strategic (when in fact they have some sort of short-term unexpected law-enforcement regulatory imperative that they aren't admitting to) or they planned for a long time to dump all these customers on short notice. There's no non-shady third-way between those two possibilities! I don't care how much warm fuzzy feeling you have for these people, this behavior cannot be defended.
I have no relationship with them, not even an account. I have no interest in their success. I have said the handling of this is sub-optimal. BUT the reason is probably real.

US accounts were profitable once, but not any more.

Listen, no one knows when the US will enforce a law, or how hard. To help you understand this, selling marijuana is a federal crime RIGHT NOW but people are legally doing it in several states.

If the feds start enforcing the law tomorrow, and they may, will marijuana sellers in Colorado be "shady" if they close down? Should they post a closing strategy on their doors? No. They just try to keep doing business.

The IRS has had the right to take the passports of tax delinquents in the US for a year now, but they have not enforced it. They say they will begin in January. Will they? who knows? But if they do you will see a lot of desperate people calling to pay their taxes.

People don't assume that things will be enforced until they are. FATCA is being phased in. Perhaps PAXUM assumed some rules would not be enforced. Perhaps after the close of the fiscal year they had to reconcile their books and realized how deeply unprofitable this segment had become.

Do you honestly expect a business to sit and lose money so they don't look "shady"? Fuck no, man, they'll do whatever it takes to stop losing money ASAP.

"FATCA is controversial because foreign banks have been forced to comply under threat of a 30% withholding penalty on all their U.S. transactions.[5][6] The U.S. has yet to comply with FATCA itself, because as of 2017, it has not yet provided the promised reciprocity to its partner countries and it has failed to sign up to the Common Reporting Standard (CRS).[7][8][9][10][11] FATCA has also been criticised for its impacts on Americans living overseas, and implicated in record-breaking numbers of U.S. citizenship renunciations throughout the 2010s.[12][13][14] Bills to repeal FATCA have been introduced in the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, citing its unconstitutionality, particularly its breach of 4th amendment rights, as well as its high implementation costs and lack of revenue generation.[15][16][17] A hearing on the unintended consequences of FATCA was held by the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform on 26 April 2017"

Does that seem like settled law to you? Foreign financial entities have no idea what the US will do.
ilnjscb is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:01 AM   #153
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 47,157
Time to move away from Paxum. This will cost them more in takings than they can afford.
__________________
Paul Markham Content



Skype paulmarkham1
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:45 PM   #154
Slick
Confirmed User
 
Slick's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Houghton, MI
Posts: 7,320
Sooooo... with Paxum being gone now in the US, what are people using ??
Slick is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:16 PM   #155
pamon
Confirmed User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,915
Epassporte? Lol. Sorry too soon
pamon is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:07 PM   #156
bgmen
Registered User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 60
Why don't you just register a company? I guess Paxum services don't have an alternative, so be flexible.
__________________
Best gay projects - RedixxMen.Com & Redixx.Com
bgmen is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:42 PM   #157
ANAL PASTE
Confirmed User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Palm Springs, CA
Posts: 627
So how do we get money out of closed accounts?
They just yanked mine and I thought they will just turn off functionality and give us time to withdraw from the card. I can't even login.
ANAL PASTE is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:57 PM   #158
Slick
Confirmed User
 
Slick's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Houghton, MI
Posts: 7,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANAL PASTE View Post
So how do we get money out of closed accounts?
They just yanked mine and I thought they will just turn off functionality and give us time to withdraw from the card. I can't even login.
Hopefully you have the Paxum card. Your funds should've been loaded into the card which is run by a bank unrelated, thus it's good until the card expires or the money is used.
Slick is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:07 PM   #159
klinton
Confirmed User
 
klinton's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: online
Posts: 7,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANAL PASTE View Post
So how do we get money out of closed accounts?
They just yanked mine and I thought they will just turn off functionality and give us time to withdraw from the card. I can't even login.
they say that your card still works... why you didnt transfer money there ?
__________________
klinton is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:47 PM   #160
nikki99
Supermodel
 
nikki99's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Sodoma & Gomorra
Posts: 18,992
Yesterday I bought a kids swimming pool with paxum card
__________________
Nikki Ladyboys Reseller Program
SMC Revenue - Best Tgirl websites of the world now VR
Islanddollars Asian Ladyboy Program
I sell Tranny / Shemale content - hit me up ICQ #14938712 - skype: nikkimontero
nikki99 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:50 PM   #161
PornDiscounts-V
Confirmed User
 
PornDiscounts-V's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: L.A.
Posts: 4,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Sooooo... with Paxum being gone now in the US, what are people using ??
Using my LLC to get a business account. Swapping my emails and don't have to do anything with my sponsors accounts.
__________________
Blog Posts - Contextual Links - Hardlinks on 550+ Blog Network
* Handwritten * 180 C Class IPs * Permanent! * Many Niches! * Bulk Discounts! GFYPosts /at/ J2Media.net
PornDiscounts-V is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:26 PM   #162
godivabiz
Confirmed User
 
godivabiz's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: May 2007
Location: New York City
Posts: 109
Now that all the Personal Acct are closed with Paxum.... Will we be able to get out money we have already requested?
godivabiz is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:40 AM   #163
Holy Damage
Registered User
 
Holy Damage's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Between the legs
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Sooooo... with Paxum being gone now in the US, what are people using ??
payoneer?
Holy Damage is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >

Bookmarks

Tags
paxum, personal, usa, account, account-holders, sad, news, accounts, business, closure, closing, change, remain, time, eastern, january, date, 10th, factors, involved, including, decision, policy, wednesday, rationale
Thread Tools




©2000-, AVN Media Network Inc



Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000- Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.