Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

 
Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2016, 03:14 AM   #301
Kafka
Confirmed User
 
Kafka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Holland
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Porn Nerd View Post
The #1 problem with shooters and they way they shoot porn? Too much focus on cock in pussy (or asshole).

Guys do NOT want to look at a cock sliding into a pussy 50,000 times for eight minutes straight. In fact, to show how useless most shooters are:

Gorgeous girl, in the midst of pleasure, her face contorted with ecstasy...the shooter IMMEDIATELY pulls away and goes down to the pussy. Man is fondling her beautiful breasts - shooter IMMEDIATELY goes back to the pussy. It's almost as if the shooter is emotionally uncomfortable with anything 'real' or focusing on the beauty of the female form. Nope, gotta be a CLOSEUP of a cock drilling a pussy for eight minutes.

Get it? No, probably not. LOL Carry on.

It can be worse, in the eighties often the camera panned to the guy's face. Wankers cumming looking at an ugly male face.
Kafka is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:16 AM   #302
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 42,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
It can be worse, in the eighties often the camera panned to the guy's face. Wankers cumming looking at an ugly male face.
You were buying gay films.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:50 AM   #303
Pseudonymous
Photographer/Owner
 
Pseudonymous's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaG View Post
I like you and like your work, so don't take this wrong, but name 3 pay sites (not owned by tubes because they monetize differently) which are paying remotely $10k a scene for pay site content.
Why would you limit the companies to who are not involved in tubes? As an industry matures, the strongest survive and the weak begin to die, obviously. The remaining companies begin to be a little more corporate and have their hands in everything as few companies begin to take over. Almost all big companies have their hands in other brands/including tubes. Half of them, thats the reason theyre still alive to begin with. It bought them the profit/time in order to learn what sells in todays market and continue to be successful. So basically youre saying, what small sites who can't afford or weren't smart enough to get involved in tube sites are still producing content at a high cost? Obviously that number will be limited. It has no reflection on the current state of paysites

Blacked owners are involved in a large tube, however it doesn't mean they could not have reached the success without it, it just helped them reach the level they are at, perhaps at a faster pace. Anybody is free to use tubes to their advantage. It is just more obvious to tube owners what sells and what profit they can make off their sites so theyre more willing to spend, they also have less "risk" because they have the traffic already and aren't as scared to spend the money. They were also the ones smart enough and had the budget in order to get involved with them. The people without the budget weren't typically the smartest, given how lucrative this industry was.

Not being involved in tubes isn't an excuse to be a failure.

Tubes are the highest source of traffic/sales, so why would they not be involved?

Strange question is all
__________________
Ryan

MCProfits.Com (LIVE NOW!) | ModelCentro.Com | SoloRevenue.Com
Pseudonymous is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:55 AM   #304
Pseudonymous
Photographer/Owner
 
Pseudonymous's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
Have you ever been in the porn industry apart from driving traffic?
I am right now, producing in 2016 for some of todays top pornstars. I have went from driving traffic to being an owner and worrying about ROI and dealing with producers to producing myself in todays market. So yes im familiar with all sides, which most are not. Its very easy to have an opinion that stems from one area of expertise but until you've really been on all sides, and in todays market as well, you really dont have a full grasp. IMO
__________________
Ryan

MCProfits.Com (LIVE NOW!) | ModelCentro.Com | SoloRevenue.Com
Pseudonymous is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:28 AM   #305
AmeliaG
Confirmed User
 
AmeliaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 8,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonymous View Post
Why would you limit the companies to who are not involved in tubes? As an industry matures, the strongest survive and the weak begin to die, obviously. The remaining companies begin to be a little more corporate and have their hands in everything as few companies begin to take over. Almost all big companies have their hands in other brands/including tubes. Half of them, thats the reason theyre still alive to begin with. It bought them the profit/time in order to learn what sells in todays market and continue to be successful. So basically youre saying, what small sites who can't afford or weren't smart enough to get involved in tube sites are still producing content at a high cost? Obviously that number will be limited. It has no reflection on the current state of paysites

Blacked owners are involved in a large tube, however it doesn't mean they could not have reached the success without it, it just helped them reach the level they are at, perhaps at a faster pace. Anybody is free to use tubes to their advantage. It is just more obvious to tube owners what sells and what profit they can make off their sites so theyre more willing to spend, they also have less "risk" because they have the traffic already and aren't as scared to spend the money. They were also the ones smart enough and had the budget in order to get involved with them. The people without the budget weren't typically the smartest, given how lucrative this industry was.

Not being involved in tubes isn't an excuse to be a failure.

Tubes are the highest source of traffic/sales, so why would they not be involved?

Strange question is all

Because tubes monetize differently, what it makes sense for a tube to spend on is very different from what it makes sense for a pay site to spend on. Aside from all the factors you mentioned, which I agree with, the most important factor is the business model is different.

The topic is not would it be awesome to decide to fail (only with super excuses), but what should pay sites do. All I'm saying is pay sites should not spend like their business model is different from what it is.
AmeliaG is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:42 AM   #306
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 42,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonymous View Post
Why would you limit the companies to who are not involved in tubes? As an industry matures, the strongest survive and the weak begin to die, obviously. The remaining companies begin to be a little more corporate and have their hands in everything as few companies begin to take over. Almost all big companies have their hands in other brands/including tubes. Half of them, thats the reason theyre still alive to begin with. It bought them the profit/time in order to learn what sells in todays market and continue to be successful. So basically youre saying, what small sites who can't afford or weren't smart enough to get involved in tube sites are still producing content at a high cost? Obviously that number will be limited. It has no reflection on the current state of paysites

Blacked owners are involved in a large tube, however it doesn't mean they could not have reached the success without it, it just helped them reach the level they are at, perhaps at a faster pace. Anybody is free to use tubes to their advantage. It is just more obvious to tube owners what sells and what profit they can make off their sites so theyre more willing to spend, they also have less "risk" because they have the traffic already and aren't as scared to spend the money. They were also the ones smart enough and had the budget in order to get involved with them. The people without the budget weren't typically the smartest, given how lucrative this industry was.

Not being involved in tubes isn't an excuse to be a failure.

Tubes are the highest source of traffic/sales, so why would they not be involved?

Strange question is all
I suspect Tubes pay very little for traffic to their sites, this saves them a huge chunk other paysites have to payout. The Tubes run at a profit anyway.

However, it doesn't take a huge budget to produce kick ass porn. It takes a lot of porn production skill and sites that are willing to pay for that skill are few and far between. Which takes us back to Tube Sites.

I could produce kick ass porn, along with many others, Buttman, Ben Dover, Ed Powers, etc. Will Tubes pay us the money we want or get some lame dick who works cheap to do it on a tight budget?
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:43 AM   #307
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 42,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonymous View Post
I am right now, producing in 2016 for some of todays top pornstars. I have went from driving traffic to being an owner and worrying about ROI and dealing with producers to producing myself in todays market. So yes im familiar with all sides, which most are not. Its very easy to have an opinion that stems from one area of expertise but until you've really been on all sides, and in todays market as well, you really dont have a full grasp. IMO
You talk as if great porn just falls off a shelf. Which made me think you weren't in the sharp end of producing it.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:01 AM   #308
Barry-xlovecam
It's 42
 
Barry-xlovecam's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USA, NL
Posts: 13,748
You got it all wrong (as usual).
  • Investing in new technologies can yield great returns or tax losses. No balls no glory.
  • The second to wost thing that can happen to a business model is commiditization even worse is the zero sum game of free.
So there is;
  1. the niche market that will pay for a unique value proposition,
  2. the middle market of value buyers (*Netflix or Amazon prime),
  3. the low market 100% advertised subsidized.
Whether or not the content is legit or copyright infringing will not make you any money this instant (today). Youtube is proof of this business model. It's not going away.

Trying to convert the low market to a higher market is going to be an uphill struggle with a lousy ROMI (return on marketing investment).
__________________
Vive la résistance -- Carpe diem
Surfers: XloveCam.com >>> Affiliates: $€£ >> XloveCash.com
Sk.why.pe: barry_555_5 -- ICQ: three1896three617
____
Barry-xlovecam is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:01 AM   #309
webgurl
Confirmed User
 
webgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Clouds with Carebears
Posts: 7,860
Shap! Look what you started, a monster size thread! I'm just in here for sport, hope you are doing great!
__________________
Partner Program for PornTube.com
https://content.porntube.com

MadCheddar.com ( Blacked.com/Tushy.com/Vixen.com)

Email lizz<at>porntube dot com
Skype webgurl2
webgurl is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:49 AM   #310
The Porn Nerd
Living The Dream
 
The Porn Nerd's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Inside a Monitor
Posts: 13,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAllan View Post
Not ever in my scenes ;) But you are totally correct.
My comments do not apply to you Sir. You are in the top 1% of talented shooters on the planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonymous View Post
Why would you limit the companies to who are not involved in tubes? As an industry matures, the strongest survive and the weak begin to die, obviously. The remaining companies begin to be a little more corporate and have their hands in everything as few companies begin to take over. Almost all big companies have their hands in other brands/including tubes. Half of them, thats the reason theyre still alive to begin with. It bought them the profit/time in order to learn what sells in todays market and continue to be successful. So basically youre saying, what small sites who can't afford or weren't smart enough to get involved in tube sites are still producing content at a high cost? Obviously that number will be limited. It has no reflection on the current state of paysites

Blacked owners are involved in a large tube, however it doesn't mean they could not have reached the success without it, it just helped them reach the level they are at, perhaps at a faster pace. Anybody is free to use tubes to their advantage. It is just more obvious to tube owners what sells and what profit they can make off their sites so theyre more willing to spend, they also have less "risk" because they have the traffic already and aren't as scared to spend the money. They were also the ones smart enough and had the budget in order to get involved with them. The people without the budget weren't typically the smartest, given how lucrative this industry was.

Not being involved in tubes isn't an excuse to be a failure.

Tubes are the highest source of traffic/sales, so why would they not be involved?

Strange question is all
AmeliaG can speak for herself but to expand on what I think she was getting at:

There are tubes and large companies who finance paysite production. They have exclusive agreements with the mega-tubes. Therefore the tubes are spending more than a paysite not financed by a tube would spend. I know what an expensive, professional shoot costs and most small paysites doing 10 joins a day or less cannot compete on that level. So what we are left with is a handful of mega-paysites being financed by mega-tubes to keep the whole daisy chain of porn going. This will continue for years to come, I think, while smaller paysites will have to re-adjust their marketing and expectations because you simply cannot 'compete' with a Blacked or DDF if they are being financed by million dollar tubes.
__________________
My Affiliate Programs:
Porn Showcase NEW! | Porn Nerd Cash | Erotic Revenue | Aggressive Dollars


The best paysites to promote!
ICQ: 579915163
The Porn Nerd is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:38 AM   #311
lagwagon
Confirmed User
 
lagwagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: az
Posts: 8,341
If people keep bumping this thread it will never die. Wait!
__________________

FTVGirls - FTVMilfs - DanielleFTV
lagwagon is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:01 AM   #312
fuzebox
making it rain
 
fuzebox's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: vancouver
Posts: 19,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Porn Nerd View Post
most small paysites doing 10 joins a day or less
I assumed this was a business thread.
fuzebox is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:35 AM   #313
Bladewire
StraightBro
 
Bladewire's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Monarch Beach, CA
Posts: 16,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzebox View Post
I assumed this was a business thread.
It isn't?
__________________





Skype: CallTomNow

Bladewire is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 01:23 PM   #314
phil-flash
Confirmed User
 
phil-flash's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 366
I read this thread to the end of page 5 and I couldn't take it any longer.

There is power in numbers. If we could get a coalition of producers and site owners together, maybe we would be able to come up with enough resources to push the tubes and file lockers out.

I know I can't do it, a lawsuit would chew me up and spit me out. That's probably the same for most of us. We need a "Trump type figure" to lead this and make it happen. Someone who kicks the door in, and goes for the juggler.

There is no magic potion in my opinion. It's been said a million times on this board. If it's free... sales go to shit. Most people would say that compared to the past, that sales are shit.

You cannot walk into wal mart and walk out with a new fishing pole. You have to pay for it. If everything can be locked up in our tours and members areas again... the people will pay for it. They JUST WOULD.

THERE IS NO MAGIC POTION. The free content has to stop.

I believe a focus should be on finding a Trump type figure to lead this cause, gather followers and recourses, and take on the free content sites, tubes, and file lockers.

Maybe even the billing companies could invest in this. They have big money, and I am sure that if the reign of free porn would end... that the billing companies would make larger fortunes than before since there are more "potential buyers" and more devices to access porn from than ever before.

Let me guess though, the billing companies are probably in bed with the tube sites and file locker rev share programs...

Would anyone be interested in trying to start something like this up?
__________________
Nextdoor Nikki Topless VHG's
phil-flash is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 01:55 PM   #315
JayAllan
Confirmed User
 
JayAllan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Porn Nerd View Post
My comments do not apply to you Sir. You are in the top 1% of talented shooters on the planet.

I don't know about that but thank you
Now just let me know where to send you the check
__________________
High Grade Content JAYALLAN.COM
Blog/Daily Pics/How to Photograph Naked Women!
jay (at) jayallan (dot) com ICQ 693248230
Follow me on Twitter: JayAllanPhoto
JayAllan is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 02:09 PM   #316
The Porn Nerd
Living The Dream
 
The Porn Nerd's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Inside a Monitor
Posts: 13,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil-flash View Post
I read this thread to the end of page 5 and I couldn't take it any longer.

There is power in numbers. If we could get a coalition of producers and site owners together, maybe we would be able to come up with enough resources to push the tubes and file lockers out.

I know I can't do it, a lawsuit would chew me up and spit me out. That's probably the same for most of us. We need a "Trump type figure" to lead this and make it happen. Someone who kicks the door in, and goes for the juggler.

There is no magic potion in my opinion. It's been said a million times on this board. If it's free... sales go to shit. Most people would say that compared to the past, that sales are shit.

You cannot walk into wal mart and walk out with a new fishing pole. You have to pay for it. If everything can be locked up in our tours and members areas again... the people will pay for it. They JUST WOULD.

THERE IS NO MAGIC POTION. The free content has to stop.

I believe a focus should be on finding a Trump type figure to lead this cause, gather followers and recourses, and take on the free content sites, tubes, and file lockers.

Maybe even the billing companies could invest in this. They have big money, and I am sure that if the reign of free porn would end... that the billing companies would make larger fortunes than before since there are more "potential buyers" and more devices to access porn from than ever before.

Let me guess though, the billing companies are probably in bed with the tube sites and file locker rev share programs...

Would anyone be interested in trying to start something like this up?
Mike South?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAllan View Post
Now just let me know where to send you the check
Put it towards the cost of production. Lighting and makeup can get expensive.
__________________
My Affiliate Programs:
Porn Showcase NEW! | Porn Nerd Cash | Erotic Revenue | Aggressive Dollars


The best paysites to promote!
ICQ: 579915163
The Porn Nerd is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 02:37 PM   #317
phil-flash
Confirmed User
 
phil-flash's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Porn Nerd View Post
Mike South?
Sure... who ever can do it. I could do it, I just need the backing and Capitol.

Anyone know why the billing companies would not want to take a stand? Or support such a cause?
__________________
Nextdoor Nikki Topless VHG's
phil-flash is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 08:38 PM   #318
Shap
Confirmed User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by webgurl View Post
Shap! Look what you started, a monster size thread! I'm just in here for sport, hope you are doing great!
I've still got it
__________________
Or Follow Me on Twitter http://twitter.com/AskShap
Or Email me at AskShap at Gmail
Shap is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:59 PM   #319
Pseudonymous
Photographer/Owner
 
Pseudonymous's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaG View Post
Because tubes monetize differently, what it makes sense for a tube to spend on is very different from what it makes sense for a pay site to spend on. Aside from all the factors you mentioned, which I agree with, the most important factor is the business model is different.

The topic is not would it be awesome to decide to fail (only with super excuses), but what should pay sites do. All I'm saying is pay sites should not spend like their business model is different from what it is.
A site as good as theirs, will reach the entire audience if its good enough, it will just take a bit longer to reach such audience, i mean, unless you are lacking the marketing expertise. Given the profit margin of top produced sites, it still should not be a problem to have budgets similar to what they (companies who also own a tube) started with. Just because they spend (lets say 5-7k a scene), doesn't mean you can't match their quality for a bit less and then up it to what they spend once you launch. You may have to spend that much longer finding the perfect locations at a bit of a discount, use a few connections, search a little longer for cheaper marketing help, editors, etc. You do not need to pay riley reid 10k for 2 scenes, this is only what they do once they have the money. You'd be surprised how much fat these big companies have, its because they've been around for ages and they don't care enough to trim it all because they make more than enough to support it. A new company starting in 2016 could do things at a discount as long as they match quality, they'll be fine. Theres no excuse for not producing the same quality they do, like i mentioned before, i know of many companies spending high budgets on scenes, enough to produce the same quality as the companies who also own tubes and their product is nowhere as good, that has nothing to do with them owning tubes. Besides that your producers do not have the talent and you choose to stick with whats comfortable and make excuses for why you cannot reach that level. Instead of realizing you just do not have the eye or drive.

With that said, i do not think them owning tubes should make you shoot for less cost, because you will never be able to compete. Dont suggest tubes are dying because you cannot afford all the tools they all use to their advantage. Tubes are a tool and they purchase them. The thread is about the state of paysites. People who do not own tubes can still utilize said tubes.
__________________
Ryan

MCProfits.Com (LIVE NOW!) | ModelCentro.Com | SoloRevenue.Com
Pseudonymous is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 12:19 AM   #320
Pseudonymous
Photographer/Owner
 
Pseudonymous's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,445
It is still very easy to achieve a product in the top 5 percent (in terms of product quality), as the standard within porn is very low, if you produce a good quality product in the top 5 percent, utilizing tubes, affiliates, etc should be more than enough to launch you to the top. Gamma finally checked all the boxes on the requirements sheet when they created Girlsway, they got top talent, a producer with an eye, good story/intro, high quality lighting and production, graphic content (they tried launching softcore products before), and now they have a product that launched to the top. It really isn't as hard as people make it out to be. People just either dont know the simple checklist or people with no eye thinking theyre checking them off.

Gamma own any big tubes? (im sure they own something but im not sure if any major ones). If not, they would be an example.

Show me a site done that well that has failed, it hasn't happened unless a very very clear lack of marketing experience. Until high quality sites start failing, there is no problem with paysites. Ive asked this so many times and people have yet to show me one. Exceptions to people who try to duplicate their product in order to expand, for example, xart creates a second site with an identical style, the market isn't that big, you can't just duplicate things to the T, same locations, same talent, same producer, and expect another big paysite
__________________
Ryan

MCProfits.Com (LIVE NOW!) | ModelCentro.Com | SoloRevenue.Com
Pseudonymous is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 02:33 AM   #321
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 42,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry-xlovecam View Post
You got it all wrong (as usual).
  • Investing in new technologies can yield great returns or tax losses. No balls no glory.
  • The second to wost thing that can happen to a business model is commiditization even worse is the zero sum game of free.
So there is;
  1. the niche market that will pay for a unique value proposition,
  2. the middle market of value buyers (*Netflix or Amazon prime),
  3. the low market 100% advertised subsidized.
Whether or not the content is legit or copyright infringing will not make you any money this instant (today). Youtube is proof of this business model. It's not going away.

Trying to convert the low market to a higher market is going to be an uphill struggle with a lousy ROMI (return on marketing investment).
Technology is only good when the rank and file can't adopt it.

Trying to convert the low market to the higher market is going to be an uphill struggle with a lousy ROMI (return on product investment). All the marketing in the world can't make shit shine. Youtube and Pornhub are proof of that. Along with the top webcam sites.

Incidentally when will your new one be launched?
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 02:41 AM   #322
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 42,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Porn Nerd View Post
My comments do not apply to you Sir. You are in the top 1% of talented shooters on the planet.
There are top sites, employing top producers. see any link?





Quote:
There are tubes and large companies who finance paysite production. They have exclusive agreements with the mega-tubes. Therefore the tubes are spending more than a paysite not financed by a tube would spend. I know what an expensive, professional shoot costs and most small paysites doing 10 joins a day or less cannot compete on that level. So what we are left with is a handful of mega-paysites being financed by mega-tubes to keep the whole daisy chain of porn going. This will continue for years to come, I think, while smaller paysites will have to re-adjust their marketing and expectations because you simply cannot 'compete' with a Blacked or DDF if they are being financed by million dollar tubes.
Tubes with their own paysites are winning because they pay little to market the product and to affiliates. Those with special deals are the sites with great content bringing traffic to the tubes and making them stay.

Even sites with 100 sign ups a day couldn't afford decent content. By the time all the expenses and profit's removed there was little left to afford $1,000 for a decent solo girl scene. I lost count of the times someone said to me

Site owner "I want content like yours where the girls get into it."

Me "I shoot two of them a day, give me $2,000 for it."

Site owner "I can't afford that, I'll pay you $1,500 for 5 scenes"

Me "I can't shoot that because girls can't do it 5 times and I can earn $1,000 for one scene anyway."

So they ended up with a members area that people got tired of after a month and retention sucked.

That's my marketing skills coming out there.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 02:48 AM   #323
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 42,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil-flash View Post
I read this thread to the end of page 5 and I couldn't take it any longer.

There is power in numbers. If we could get a coalition of producers and site owners together,
The time for a coalition of producers and site owners. Was 1998-2000. They were the years when site owners should have gone into partnership with top producers and created more great sites.

As for stopping free porn. Can't be done. We have to sell more than flesh these days.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:59 AM   #324
Barry-xlovecam
It's 42
 
Barry-xlovecam's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USA, NL
Posts: 13,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post


Incidentally when will your new one be launched?
https://icannwiki.com/.cam

Contract is signed.
Premium domain sales mid Fall 2016
Open registration at your registrar this Winter.
ACwebconnecting Holding, BV is who I work for we own 15 subsidiaries.

This is a registry -- not a website

porn.cam is for (pre) sale

I have a lot of 2-6 (letter) dictionary word.cam names for presale as well as numbered and short random number domains for presale too.
__________________
Vive la résistance -- Carpe diem
Surfers: XloveCam.com >>> Affiliates: $€£ >> XloveCash.com
Sk.why.pe: barry_555_5 -- ICQ: three1896three617
____
Barry-xlovecam is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 01:55 PM   #325
AmeliaG
Confirmed User
 
AmeliaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 8,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonymous View Post
A site as good as theirs, will reach the entire audience if its good enough, it will just take a bit longer to reach such audience, i mean, unless you are lacking the marketing expertise. Given the profit margin of top produced sites, it still should not be a problem to have budgets similar to what they (companies who also own a tube) started with. Just because they spend (lets say 5-7k a scene), doesn't mean you can't match their quality for a bit less and then up it to what they spend once you launch. You may have to spend that much longer finding the perfect locations at a bit of a discount, use a few connections, search a little longer for cheaper marketing help, editors, etc. You do not need to pay riley reid 10k for 2 scenes, this is only what they do once they have the money. You'd be surprised how much fat these big companies have, its because they've been around for ages and they don't care enough to trim it all because they make more than enough to support it. A new company starting in 2016 could do things at a discount as long as they match quality, they'll be fine. Theres no excuse for not producing the same quality they do, like i mentioned before, i know of many companies spending high budgets on scenes, enough to produce the same quality as the companies who also own tubes and their product is nowhere as good, that has nothing to do with them owning tubes. Besides that your producers do not have the talent and you choose to stick with whats comfortable and make excuses for why you cannot reach that level. Instead of realizing you just do not have the eye or drive.

With that said, i do not think them owning tubes should make you shoot for less cost, because you will never be able to compete. Dont suggest tubes are dying because you cannot afford all the tools they all use to their advantage. Tubes are a tool and they purchase them. The thread is about the state of paysites. People who do not own tubes can still utilize said tubes.


I agree with everything you are saying about what pay sites can do to produce quality content. I assume when you say "your" you mean that generically and not me personally.

Regarding tubes, please do not hear me saying what other people have as common complaints about tubes or how tubes can be used as marketing tools. None of that is relevant to this thread topic, so none of that was remotely my point.

Simply advertising an in-house pay site is not at all the only way a tube would monetize that type of content.

So, for example, while Jay Allen might be able to do Game of Thrones level cinematography, if his business model is not to sell shows to HBO, he isn't going to want to spend like that is how he is monetizing. Is that more clear?
AmeliaG is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:23 AM   #326
Google Expert
Webmaster
 
Google Expert's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 13,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
That's right on. Shap I appreciate your threads, but why don't you show us a "from scratch" project with pictures and arrows and a description. I don't mean to offend, but talk is cheap. You made bank before tubes, odds are, you could not duplicate your success again.
Someone who gets it ^^

If he knew how to do it - he wouldn't be shopping around for already established projects that make money.

Selling his paysite back then was the best business decision of his life. Had he not, the paysite and the affiliate program would have been closed by now.

Selling GayTube.com was very dumb. I used to be a constant ad spot buyer. When the new owners took over they immediately jacked up the ad spot prices by 2-3 times. And still i continued to buy. I have no idea how much he sold it for, but the money he had been losing on undervalued ad spots and the potential money lost after the sale is very significant.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladewire View Post
3) Change billing but you don't know how.

4) Change something to evolve but you don't know what.

Maybe those of us not destroyed by tubes & still in business since '99 have a lot we do that we don't share. Wanna know why? Because tube owners will implement our strategies. Fuck that
Right on.
Google Expert is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 01:07 AM   #327
SpicyM
Confirmed User
 
SpicyM's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: proud European
Posts: 2,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgraves View Post
I'm not sure why they aren't marketing more aggressively in the porn community and when I first spoke with the owner he didn't mention that he already works with some large sites. One large site has been using it successfully so maybe the strategy is to not let surfers know there is a unique code attached to each video they download. For that reason I won't mention the site on here but it's a very well known site. I spoke with the own of the paysite and he said they are currently pursuing several lawsuits against thieves.
Xvid Autograph looks great and it sure is a great way to identify and ban the thief on your site.

But I doubt it would provide sufficient evidence to convict a pirate. Charge maybe. Convict? Not likely.. which is probably the reason why it's not that widely used.

Just because the illegally uploaded videos carry a name of someone does not mean the same person uploaded the scenes to the file locker. Same goes for IP address - IP address is not a person. Anyone can sit at my computer / laptop / tablet and upload my videos with my name in them.. so the evidence needed would be linking the UPLOADS to a physical person (e.g. having a witness or catching the uploader on a camera etc.).

BTW, the idea of injecting user names into the footage is not new, I heard about that idea many years ago. Still I like it cause I can easily ban people if I find them uploading the content somewhere else.
SpicyM is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 10:56 AM   #328
celandina
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,581
Just as I have said in Shap's other never ending thread... Make new and interesting content or die..case closed
celandina is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 04:59 PM   #329
SpicyM
Confirmed User
 
SpicyM's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: proud European
Posts: 2,542
bump
SpicyM is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 01:28 AM   #330
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 42,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shap View Post
With Facebook,Instagram and snapchat even if porn went away today's youth has plenty to jerk off to. Porn isn't only down because of tubes. With social media you get so much more content of people you know and don't know.
Do any of those sites have porn movies on them?

If not you're wrong.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 01:35 AM   #331
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 42,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladewire View Post
It rings true to me. All the time people waste creating clickbait porn sites to divert traffic to malware, redirects, etc. such a waste
That was the highest level of their skills. A market with such a low entry level will always by under threat from idiots who can't do anything but fuck customers.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 01:38 AM   #332
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 42,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Google Expert View Post
Selling GayTube.com was very dumb. I used to be a constant ad spot buyer. When the new owners took over they immediately jacked up the ad spot prices by 2-3 times. And still i continued to buy. I have no idea how much he sold it for, but the money he had been losing on undervalued ad spots and the potential money lost after the sale is very significant.
So you buy traffic. So stop telling people how to do anything but drive traffic. Shows how misleading your stats image was. It didn't contain the cost of buying traffic.

Maybe the deal was more about Gay Tube than Twistys, or not on for just Twistys. I see you business sense is low as well.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 01:41 AM   #333
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 42,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by celandina View Post
Just as I have said in Shap's other never ending thread... Make new and interesting content or die..case closed
But you said my idea was crap. Just because you can't do it.

The problem with what you suggest is it will amount to nothing if the content goes onto Tubes. I see lot of great content on Pornhub...case closed.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 09:00 AM   #334
celandina
Confirmed User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
But you said my idea was crap. Just because you can't do it.

The problem with what you suggest is it will amount to nothing if the content goes onto Tubes. I see lot of great content on Pornhub...case closed.
I have said your idea was crap in another thread, where I did say that "behind the scenes" porn clips would not work because most crew ( cameramen, sound men,props guys, set decorators,make up girls, costumers, continuity people, drivers, grips, gaffer, lighting guys ...Yada yada) would NOT want to be seen in some porn shoot...

..elsewhere and including here my mantra is the same... Make good and original content and you will do OK...

Otherwise I do not know what the F. are you talking about
celandina is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:36 AM   #335
Shap
Confirmed User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,166
Woohooo Business Thread of the Year award. I'll take that ;)
__________________
Or Follow Me on Twitter http://twitter.com/AskShap
Or Email me at AskShap at Gmail
Shap is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:47 AM   #336
thebestamateur
Confirmed User
 
thebestamateur's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shap View Post
Woohooo Business Thread of the Year award. I'll take that ;)
Nicely done, congrats
__________________
Porncastle.com - Porn Discounts and Pornstars
Email# info(at)porncastle.com | Skype# sexhistorie(at)hotmail.com
thebestamateur is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:28 AM   #337
NewNick
Confirmed User
 
NewNick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shap View Post
Woohooo Business Thread of the Year award. I'll take that ;)
Congratz.

They should have a new one - Thread that generates the most Bullshit from Paul Markham.

You would win that one as well.

__________________
It's kind of like the people who admire Trump. They do it because they're pieces of shit too and couldn't recognize a person with integrity and class if he rented space up their ass. It's not their fault...it just makes perfect sense to like an asshole if you're also an asshole who agrees with their asshole views. (Bronco67. 8th Feb 2017)

I added millions to the CZ economy. (Paul Markham 2016.)

A vote for Trump is a declaration of your own shortcomings. (Charlie Sheen)

I suppose you all think OJ was innocent, Michael just wanted to heal the world, and Gary Glitter had a dodgy hard drive. (In honor of the late great Jimmy Saville OBE.)
NewNick is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:09 AM   #338
j3rkules
VIP
 
j3rkules's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 16,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shap View Post
Woohooo Business Thread of the Year award. I'll take that ;)
Well done Shap.

j3rkules is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:11 AM   #339
JohnnyClips
Trump!
 
JohnnyClips's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Vegas
Posts: 5,004
What the fuck does paul markham know?
__________________
Thommy is my personal cuckold
JohnnyClips is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >

Bookmarks

Tags
paysites, sites, money, content, change, porn, pornhub, twistys, adult, rebills, billing, site, changed, past, addiction, thread, start, tech, create, variety, silent, harder, collaboration, paysite, people
Thread Tools




©2000-, AVN Media Network Inc



Powered by vBulletin
Copyright © 2000- Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.