Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar Mark Forums Read
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

 
Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2016, 01:48 PM   #51
Bladewire
StraightBro
 
Bladewire's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Monarch Beach, CA
Posts: 22,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmonsters View Post
The fact that I pay $100 a month just to get on the internet seems like a plan waiting to fail.
Right? Fuck the cable companies. Everyone cuts the cord so they increase internet prices to compensate
__________________


Skype: CallTomNow

Bladewire is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 01:52 PM   #52
blackmonsters
Making PHP Work
 
blackmonsters's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: 🌎🌅🌈🌇
Posts: 13,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladewire View Post
Right? Fuck the cable companies. Everyone cuts the cord so they increase internet prices to compensate
Say something that makes sense.

I pay all this money for people who do illegal downloads.

__________________
Web Developer : Small and big jobs. Hit me up for Mechbunny, Wordpress, Chaturbate API, Streamate/cambuilder API etc...
Skills : PHP, MySQL, Responsive CSS, Javascript, jQuery and more

Skype : econfirmpro
blackmonsters is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:40 PM   #53
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 43,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Porn Nerd View Post
Again I ask: if paysites are dead why do people and companies keep launching them every single week? Hmmm? No one wants to address that basic question. LOL
Are these new sites from new companies or companies repackaging the same old stuff on a new domain?

Quote:
I started in 2009 (when everyone said i was crazy to even try, the adult business was a "race to zero") with 3 paysites, now I have 87. My first six months in this business I made a total of $800. Today I make a nice six figure income. How did I DO that? Magic join links? No, hard work.
Are these sites you paid for the content to be shot, bought it outright or doing revshare deals with the producers?

Quote:
HOW we market paysites need to change. Paysites need to partner up (and not just on cross-sells), creating 'virtual networks' so small sites can compete with giants like Pornhub. Join MY paysite and get access to 100 others. This is what I am doing and many should be following this model. Either create the sites yourself (as I do) or partner with other sites and share Members. The upsell model, while valuable, should also evolve.
So long as the sites are similar niche/style this can work. The problem is sharing the money out.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 04:59 PM   #54
The Porn Nerd
Living The Dream
 
The Porn Nerd's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Inside a Monitor
Posts: 13,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
Are these new sites from new companies or companies repackaging the same old stuff on a new domain?
Who cares? Ice to an eskimo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
Are these sites you paid for the content to be shot, bought it outright or doing revshare deals with the producers?
Who cares? Ice to an eskimo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
So long as the sites are similar niche/style this can work. The problem is sharing the money out.
50/50 is very difficult math indeed.

__________________
My Affiliate Programs:
Porn Showcase NEW! | Porn Nerd Cash | Erotic Revenue | Aggressive Dollars


The best paysites to promote!
ICQ: 579915163
The Porn Nerd is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:54 PM   #55
johnnyloadproductions
Account Shutdown
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Gone
Posts: 3,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Porn Nerd View Post
Who cares? Ice to an eskimo.

Who cares? Ice to an eskimo.

50/50 is very difficult math indeed.

Dude needs to get to 50k posts, cut him some slack.
johnnyloadproductions is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:00 PM   #56
The Porn Nerd
Living The Dream
 
The Porn Nerd's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Inside a Monitor
Posts: 13,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyloadproductions View Post
Dude needs to get to 50k posts, cut him some slack.
Yeah but even at his pace it will take years. That's a lot of slack. LOL
__________________
My Affiliate Programs:
Porn Showcase NEW! | Porn Nerd Cash | Erotic Revenue | Aggressive Dollars


The best paysites to promote!
ICQ: 579915163
The Porn Nerd is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:34 PM   #57
TFCash
Confirmed User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 1,172
I have a question for any program owners out there that are still running paysites. Is anyone running a live girl up front on the website during peak hours ?

Like a customer service rep or support staff to talk up the benefits of the site ?

I login to mainstream sites and a lot of the time a support chat window pops up and asks if I need someone to help me, I always wondered if that would work on an adult site by having a girl sitting there on a cam type interface where she can communicate with individuals by they can't see what everyone else is saying. So 1 video feed for everyone, but individual text boxes.

If anyone knows of a setup like this, pop a link here, or email me. I'd like to see how they have it setup and check with them on how its working for them


Thanks!
__________________
TeenFlood.com Online since 1998. We just turned 18

TFCash VirginRiches
MondoBucks ShowCaseCash

tim at tfcash.com or submit a ticket at our HelpDesk
TFCash is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:39 PM   #58
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 43,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
The industry does a terrible job identifying customers. Look at casinos and mobile game companies, some like double down have a foot in each of those arenas. Their entire business is built on understanding 90% of the visitors are worth less than the top ten percent of consumers.

Webcams make money because a small part of the visitors can pay an uncapped amount for their content. When you have fixed pricing at $30 per month you are asking too much from people who might pay a few bucks, but even more importantly you are only getting $30 from someone who is willing to pay a whole lot more.

Recurring billing is no longer the answer, getting the maximum revenue per visitor is much harder now, and much more important.
I think the industry does a great job at identifying customers. Most want it for free and we give it to them. Those who do pay want to download as many scenes as possible at the best speed possible. So instead of paying monthly to see movies they can download a year's supply for $30.

Yes, they are willing to pay more, they used to, we made paying an unnecessary chore and even a risk. Do you see drug dealers giving it away for free when they have the addicts hooked?
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:45 PM   #59
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 43,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Porn Nerd View Post
Who cares? Ice to an eskimo.

Who cares? Ice to an eskimo.

50/50 is very difficult math indeed.

Who cares? The answers shoot down your ascertain that new paysites are opening. Concerning your sites, if you're doing rev share you have very little investment to recoup. 50/50 is OK for those with two sites, how does it work with 10 sites sharing the same customer and what if one has a lot more content and sales?

I can see how your business model works with companies that have given up producing. Those who have to recoup the cost of production can't possibly make it work.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:05 PM   #60
marlboroack
So Fucking Fanned
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ☣
Posts: 8,619
Anyone here want to maintain my girls websites on their program?
I can send traffic 2.. I just don't wanna deal with the techy shit
marlboroack is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 08:46 AM   #61
PornHero
Confirmed User
 
PornHero's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,370
Just like the delivery of many products & services have changed with the advancement of technology, so has the service of delivering porn...

I'm confident there aren't message boards out there with people arguing over how to sell more fax machines or cassette tapes.



Porn still sells!



It's the delivery format that is changing.

People want their videos delivered via a streaming service with tons of selection at a low price point, that's why Blockbuster is out of business and Netflix & Pornhub are so popular.


When you spend time building your business, you are making an investment in the future of porn.


The question is: which porn delivery format do you want to invest in?

Which means, which delivery format will bring you a higher rate of return going forward?

I've decided for various reasons, that I prefer to invest my time promoting live personalized porn (live cams) rather than promoting recorded porn videos via the paysite format.

I don't want to end up like Blockbuster
__________________
Twiturbate - See her LIVE on her cam & read her tweets at the same time!
Visit Twiturbate.com - Follow @Twiturbate
PornHero is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:16 AM   #62
Shap
Confirmed User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboroack View Post
Anyone here want to maintain my girls websites on their program?
I can send traffic 2.. I just don't wanna deal with the techy shit
Who are the girls?
__________________
Or Follow Me on Twitter http://twitter.com/AskShap
Or Email me at AskShap at Gmail
Shap is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:18 AM   #63
Shap
Confirmed User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDalton View Post
i disagree on the recurring billing - i still pay for Netflix even though they raised the price for me and at the same time implemented VPN detection so that i am now stuck with their inferior offer for CZ (compared to US)

but their unique content like OITNB etc. is still good enough for me to keep paying - also because $9.99 per month doesn't kill me. At $29.99 per month or so i would reconsider (unless they give me access to all content again - fucking geo licensing has to die someday but thats a different topic)
Hmmm very interesting thought here. Something that I agree with. I can afford $29 for netflix but I would cancel it in a heartbeat at that price. I'd probably cancel it at $19.99. Times have changed. Our perception of what we should get for our money has changed as well. Maybe it's time to re-price things but without becoming a discount depot.
__________________
Or Follow Me on Twitter http://twitter.com/AskShap
Or Email me at AskShap at Gmail
Shap is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:45 AM   #64
Barry-xlovecam
It's 42
 
Barry-xlovecam's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Global
Posts: 15,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcorehosting View Post
I have a question for any program owners out there that are still running paysites. Is anyone running a live girl up front on the website during peak hours ?

Like a customer service rep or support staff to talk up the benefits of the site ?...
This could be done with our XLSTREAMER with a FMS (flash media server) in Flash and HLS rebroadcast (a native mobile app)
Or, with WebRTC and a STUN and/or TURN server as required -- for PC or mobile 1:1, cam2cam for now.
We can do this but are not licensing our platforms at the current time.

This may be available, TBD, on our new .cam domains

What would this video/voice service on your website be worth to you?
__________________
Vive la résistance -- Carpe diem
Surfers: XloveCam.com >>> Affiliates: $€£ >> XloveCash.com
Sk.why.pe: barry_555_5 -- ICQ: three1896three617
Barry-xlovecam is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:45 AM   #65
Screwed Up
Confirmed User
 
Screwed Up's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: African Planet
Posts: 995
It's been tried many times. $9.99 memberships, etc. Failed every time. Porn is an impulse buy. So you might get a little more joins, but you end up making less bc of the low sign-up fee.

I do see that discounts in porn are quite popular nowadays...
__________________
Promote these Real amateur sites with Exclusive content:

Anal Fuck Tour | African Casting | Latina Fuck Tour | African Lesbians

African Bucks Contact: info @ africanbucks.com | icq: 159325637
Screwed Up is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:55 AM   #66
The Porn Nerd
Living The Dream
 
The Porn Nerd's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Inside a Monitor
Posts: 13,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shap View Post
Hmmm very interesting thought here. Something that I agree with. I can afford $29 for netflix but I would cancel it in a heartbeat at that price. I'd probably cancel it at $19.99. Times have changed. Our perception of what we should get for our money has changed as well. Maybe it's time to re-price things but without becoming a discount depot.
Yes but would you pay $29.95 if it included Netflix, Hulu and Roku altogether?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwed Up View Post
It's been tried many times. $9.99 memberships, etc. Failed every time. Porn is an impulse buy. So you might get a little more joins, but you end up making less bc of the low sign-up fee.

I do see that discounts in porn are quite popular nowadays...
Exactly. The problem with lowering your pricing is what you have to make up in volume is unattainable for most sites. A Pornhub (or Netflix) can do it because they have millions of people hitting their site daily. Even larger paysites cannot keep this price point for long so they only offer it for a short time.

Deal sites, or discounts, will always be popular to a segment of the buying public but it should never be "the norm". Again, if you cut prices you have to double-triple volume in order for it to be a good move. CAN you double or triple your traffic overnight? Doubtful.

No, better to get that $120 (average) per customer, either in one $99.95 pop or a join + 2-3 rebills.
__________________
My Affiliate Programs:
Porn Showcase NEW! | Porn Nerd Cash | Erotic Revenue | Aggressive Dollars


The best paysites to promote!
ICQ: 579915163
The Porn Nerd is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 11:03 AM   #67
Fabien
Confirmed User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,760
I saw this coming over 15 years ago when we started to see way too much free content on the web.
Told everyone about it and no one gave a f...about it.
__________________
Online since 97...
Fabien is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 11:44 AM   #68
kkkkkk
svp get banned svp
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,629
I live in Trant
kkkkkk is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:49 PM   #69
JayAllan
Confirmed User
 
JayAllan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 1,141
I am working on my new paysite currently. It seems obvious to me that you need to to have great content no one else has.

My website will 100% be based on quality content and quality girls. Hardcore but beautifully lit and shot. We will use new cinematic tools to get more in line with the quality that young viewers expect from mainstream. We will take cues from the video game industry.

It will also have a substantial community that will include chat areas, tips, and one on one with the models. Also an extensive behind the scenes - you are there area. We will create a hierarchy of members too so the longer they stay the more "power" they will have within the community.

The website will have a substantial user driven free side that with keep the outsiders informed on what they get if they pay. Special sets will only available for a limited time so if you quit to rejoin later you will miss them. Everything will be exclusive. We will use the tubes to our advantage.

Prices will be low enough to encourage casual re-billing and we will reward long term memberships with bonuses. We will also work to create a strong Brand and will include Merch and events.

That's all I am willing to reveal now
__________________
High Grade Content JAYALLAN.COM
Blog/Daily Pics/How to Photograph Naked Women!
jay (at) jayallan (dot) com ICQ 693248230
Follow me on Twitter: JayAllanPhoto
JayAllan is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:54 PM   #70
blackmonsters
Making PHP Work
 
blackmonsters's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: 🌎🌅🌈🌇
Posts: 13,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shap View Post
Who are the girls?
Fake bitch one; rip off cunt two; nonexistent hoe three; invisible slut four;
plus any others he can dream up before stealing your money.

__________________
Web Developer : Small and big jobs. Hit me up for Mechbunny, Wordpress, Chaturbate API, Streamate/cambuilder API etc...
Skills : PHP, MySQL, Responsive CSS, Javascript, jQuery and more

Skype : econfirmpro
blackmonsters is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:17 PM   #71
Shap
Confirmed User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Porn Nerd View Post
Yes but would you pay $29.95 if it included Netflix, Hulu and Roku altogether?
No
__________________
Or Follow Me on Twitter http://twitter.com/AskShap
Or Email me at AskShap at Gmail
Shap is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:19 PM   #72
Shap
Confirmed User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwed Up View Post
It's been tried many times. $9.99 memberships, etc. Failed every time. Porn is an impulse buy. So you might get a little more joins, but you end up making less bc of the low sign-up fee.

I do see that discounts in porn are quite popular nowadays...
I agree with. But again it isn't about just lowering price but changing the idea behind how you run it. Maybe you lower the price for X amount of content and then aim to make your money on whales who will pay big for more.
__________________
Or Follow Me on Twitter http://twitter.com/AskShap
Or Email me at AskShap at Gmail
Shap is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:24 PM   #73
JayAllan
Confirmed User
 
JayAllan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 1,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shap View Post
I agree with. But again it isn't about just lowering price but changing the idea behind how you run it. Maybe you lower the price for X amount of content and then aim to make your money on whales who will pay big for more.
Yes agreed. For my new site I plan to have 3 tiers of pricing so those that don't mind the $$ can pay on the internal up-sell.
__________________
High Grade Content JAYALLAN.COM
Blog/Daily Pics/How to Photograph Naked Women!
jay (at) jayallan (dot) com ICQ 693248230
Follow me on Twitter: JayAllanPhoto
JayAllan is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:36 PM   #74
Shap
Confirmed User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAllan View Post
Yes agreed. For my new site I plan to have 3 tiers of pricing so those that don't mind the $$ can pay on the internal up-sell.
Nice! Good luck with it Sounds exciting.
__________________
Or Follow Me on Twitter http://twitter.com/AskShap
Or Email me at AskShap at Gmail
Shap is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 03:52 PM   #75
AmeliaG
Confirmed User
 
AmeliaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 8,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAllan View Post
I am working on my new paysite currently. It seems obvious to me that you need to to have great content no one else has.

My website will 100% be based on quality content and quality girls. Hardcore but beautifully lit and shot. We will use new cinematic tools to get more in line with the quality that young viewers expect from mainstream. We will take cues from the video game industry.

It will also have a substantial community that will include chat areas, tips, and one on one with the models. Also an extensive behind the scenes - you are there area. We will create a hierarchy of members too so the longer they stay the more "power" they will have within the community.

The website will have a substantial user driven free side that with keep the outsiders informed on what they get if they pay. Special sets will only available for a limited time so if you quit to rejoin later you will miss them. Everything will be exclusive. We will use the tubes to our advantage.

Prices will be low enough to encourage casual re-billing and we will reward long term memberships with bonuses. We will also work to create a strong Brand and will include Merch and events.

That's all I am willing to reveal now
I'll promote you
AmeliaG is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 04:35 PM   #76
Bladewire
StraightBro
 
Bladewire's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Monarch Beach, CA
Posts: 22,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shap View Post
Hmmm very interesting thought here. Something that I agree with. I can afford $29 for netflix but I would cancel it in a heartbeat at that price. I'd probably cancel it at $19.99. Times have changed. Our perception of what we should get for our money has changed as well. Maybe it's time to re-price things but without becoming a discount depot.
This is the same BS we heard about the value of content from tube people in the beginning, now you're trying to drive down site membership fees industrywide for people making great money, or newbies who don't know any better. There is a reason the movie theatre is so expensive, enjoyable & relevant with revenue increasing last year by 7.4%.

Guys like me still in the game know what we're doing and people pay because we know how to create the perfect chemistry of a number of factors that you guys have yet to unlock and we have decades old followings and the golden word of mouth.

The slash and burn mindset towards content, surfers & members is why tubes & so many sites fail.

After all these years you guys still don't get it and don't listen to, or work with, people who do evidently or things would be different for you.

17 years of never banging cards, never redirecting, never advertising or putting banners up, never selling their emails, etc. Nobody's perfect, especially me, but I honor my content and my members. I'm not angry at anyone as I post this only feeling passionate, and always open to working with people and new ideas, as you know Snap.
Bladewire is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 04:52 PM   #77
Bladewire
StraightBro
 
Bladewire's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Monarch Beach, CA
Posts: 22,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Porn Nerd View Post

Exactly. The problem with lowering your pricing is what you have to make up in volume is unattainable for most sites. A Pornhub (or Netflix) can do it because they have millions of people hitting their site daily. Even larger paysites cannot keep this price point for long so they only offer it for a short time.

Deal sites, or discounts, will always be popular to a segment of the buying public but it should never be "the norm". Again, if you cut prices you have to double-triple volume in order for it to be a good move. CAN you double or triple your traffic overnight? Doubtful.

No, better to get that $120 (average) per customer, either in one $99.95 pop or a join + 2-3 rebills.
Pornhub can do it because zero content cost. Someone else worked and paid to find a model,paid to recruit them, paid for haircuts/makeup, paid for scheduling, paid for a location, paid for the models, paid for the video to be edited, paid for it to be uploaded, etc. One download by a fake member and it's on certain tubes for free and when that happens a huge amount of work gets 90% less of what your normally make.

Netflix, Roku etc make money on the back end in ways adult will never be permitted to, that's why membership is so cheap, though prices are going up.

People pay $60 for 3 months and $40 for 30 day non recurring, and more on some sites, still, and they're doing great.
Bladewire is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 05:51 PM   #78
The Porn Nerd
Living The Dream
 
The Porn Nerd's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Inside a Monitor
Posts: 13,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shap View Post
No
So it's ONLY about the price point, regardless of the value? Again, only the Bros can play at that game, for anyone else it's a road to going out of business. Maybe that's your point? Eliminate all paysites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladewire View Post
Pornhub can do it because zero content cost. Someone else worked and paid to find a model,paid to recruit them, paid for haircuts/makeup, paid for scheduling, paid for a location, paid for the models, paid for the video to be edited, paid for it to be uploaded, etc. One download by a fake member and it's on certain tubes for free and when that happens a huge amount of work gets 90% less of what your normally make.

Netflix, Roku etc make money on the back end in ways adult will never be permitted to, that's why membership is so cheap, though prices are going up.

People pay $60 for 3 months and $40 for 30 day non recurring, and more on some sites, still, and they're doing great.
Exactly right. I didn't factor in the cost of their content (or lack thereof) but instead focused on their massive traffic. But your points are spot on.

Everyone wants to make the pie smaller thinking they will sell 10x the pies that way. Doesn't work that way, sorry (or only does for the Wal-Marts of the world).
__________________
My Affiliate Programs:
Porn Showcase NEW! | Porn Nerd Cash | Erotic Revenue | Aggressive Dollars


The best paysites to promote!
ICQ: 579915163
The Porn Nerd is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:00 PM   #79
ING82
Confirmed User
 
ING82's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 180
Let people buy the video/photo set etc. they want? Without been subject to recurring membership
ING82 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:27 PM   #80
Bladewire
StraightBro
 
Bladewire's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Monarch Beach, CA
Posts: 22,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Porn Nerd View Post
So it's ONLY about the price point, regardless of the value? Again, only the Bros can play at that game, for anyone else it's a road to going out of business. Maybe that's your point? Eliminate all paysites?

Exactly right. I didn't factor in the cost of their content (or lack thereof) but instead focused on their massive traffic. But your points are spot on.

Everyone wants to make the pie smaller thinking they will sell 10x the pies that way. Doesn't work that way, sorry (or only does for the Wal-Marts of the world).
And the Walmarts of the world pay no taxes, are government subsidized, etc.

Legitimate, established online porn Wal-Mart like sites (non stolen content) with daily updates are running a crazy rat race with huge turnover & unnecessary expenses.

When I talk to these guys and we share stories I'm blown away! Even though they have daily updates, expenses are going up and they can't raise their prices past rock bottom because of perceived value and their production resources are tapped making diversification difficult. They've tried A/B price increase testing and they lose too high a percentage of members every time. The organized crime theft of their content is out of control, which greatly affects their tight profit margins too.
Bladewire is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:00 PM   #81
The Porn Nerd
Living The Dream
 
The Porn Nerd's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Inside a Monitor
Posts: 13,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladewire View Post
And the Walmarts of the world pay no taxes, are government subsidized, etc.

Legitimate, established online porn Wal-Mart like sites (non stolen content) with daily updates are running a crazy rat race with huge turnover & unnecessary expenses.

When I talk to these guys and we share stories I'm blown away! Even though they have daily updates, expenses are going up and they can't raise their prices past rock bottom because of perceived value and their production resources are tapped making diversification difficult. They've tried A/B price increase testing and they lose too high a percentage of members every time. The organized crime theft of their content is out of control, which greatly affects their tight profit margins too.
The same thing happened to the DVD market. Prices remained stagnant while costs and piracy went up making the cost of making them not profitable. It actually amazes me anyone is still shooting content these days (the ones not subsidized by the big tubes).

I've read the only way to succeed at raising prices is to have a long term strategy. meaning you will lose Members at first but they will come back in time. That never worked for me. I keep things where they are and just try to add value. For those shooting content weekly I don't know how they do it anymore. And yet new paysites open all the time. Makes you wonder. LOL
__________________
My Affiliate Programs:
Porn Showcase NEW! | Porn Nerd Cash | Erotic Revenue | Aggressive Dollars


The best paysites to promote!
ICQ: 579915163
The Porn Nerd is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 08:32 PM   #82
Bladewire
StraightBro
 
Bladewire's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Monarch Beach, CA
Posts: 22,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Porn Nerd View Post
The same thing happened to the DVD market. Prices remained stagnant while costs and piracy went up making the cost of making them not profitable. It actually amazes me anyone is still shooting content these days (the ones not subsidized by the big tubes).

I've read the only way to succeed at raising prices is to have a long term strategy. meaning you will lose Members at first but they will come back in time. That never worked for me. I keep things where they are and just try to add value. For those shooting content weekly I don't know how they do it anymore. And yet new paysites open all the time. Makes you wonder. LOL
The DVD market was completely different they had a huge cost of entry barrier in the tens of thousands. After starting my first site I wanted to supplement with DVD income and laughed when they quoted me $12k as the lowest entry point for one DVD release. All the middlemen became so greedy they priced themselves, and the platform, almost out of existence. Then prices went down but it was too late.

One method to raising prices is to start a new site, themed with a modern designed and providing new content in your best niche then promote it with your member base. Dressing up an old site gives current users a different perception then going to a fresh new modern entity.
__________________


Skype: CallTomNow

Bladewire is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 08:44 PM   #83
Useless Warrior
Confirmed User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Porn Nerd View Post
For those shooting content weekly I don't know how they do it anymore. And yet new paysites open all the time. Makes you wonder.
Same here. I cannot imagine investing in exclusive content during this era, especially when updating several times per week.
Useless Warrior is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:51 AM   #84
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 43,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwed Up View Post
It's been tried many times. $9.99 memberships, etc. Failed every time. Porn is an impulse buy. So you might get a little more joins, but you end up making less bc of the low sign-up fee.

I do see that discounts in porn are quite popular nowadays...
Porn was an impulse buy. It's now an impulse people consume because we made it that way.

The problem is there were very few real marketing people who understood the product, its uses, and the consumer. There were webmasters talking bollox and how to give away more free porn than the next man. They compared bottled water to porn and now Netflix to porn. Neither compares, especially Netflix.

In effect, you were all losing over 100% of your possible sales the day you started to give away porn on TGPs. As time passed the percentile grew. Today it's over 10,000% lost to every sale. You threw out the baby with the bath water and now crying over spilt milk

But you did achieve your real goal, you now have more people looking at porn than ever was possible in the days when it made loads of money.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:52 AM   #85
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 43,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
I saw this coming over 15 years ago when we started to see way too much free content on the web.
Told everyone about it and no one gave a f...about it.
You were not alone and they laughed at us.

I'm the boy who cried wolf.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 02:01 AM   #86
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 43,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAllan View Post
We will use the tubes to our advantage.
That will kill more sales than it creates. Because unless you can get clips down to a few minutes and make them outstanding. They will be long enough to jerk off to or too short and people will jerk off to something else.

Porn is for 99.99% of us a 15-minute experience, which is why the length of a porn scene is usually 20 minutes. Netflix, bottled water, etc, lasts for hours and can be enjoyed by the family.

Study the length a surfer stays on a Tube site video to see how it's consumed. Even girls on Webcam have problems holding the customers online. This was also the problem back in the days of phone line sex.

Sell the girls as people who also do live or recorded sex. The concept of Selling Sex alone is nearly over. As stats on Tubes prove.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:50 AM   #87
CurrentlySober
Full of shit...
 
CurrentlySober's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: A Public Bathroom
Posts: 26,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkk View Post
I live in Trant
i lik in taint
__________________
CurrentlySober is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 04:48 AM   #88
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 43,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladewire View Post
Pornhub can do it because zero content cost. Someone else worked and paid to find a model,paid to recruit them, paid for haircuts/makeup, paid for scheduling, paid for a location, paid for the models, paid for the video to be edited, paid for it to be uploaded, etc. One download by a fake member and it's on certain tubes for free and when that happens a huge amount of work gets 90% less of what your normally make.

Netflix, Roku etc make money on the back end in ways adult will never be permitted to, that's why membership is so cheap, though prices are going up.

People pay $60 for 3 months and $40 for 30 day non recurring, and more on some sites, still, and they're doing great.
And yet today we learn one of the best producers is going to create great content and give it to Tube sites.

By 2020 there will be so little left of the porn business few here today will still be here.

Because we had an industry dominated by the concept of giving away free porn. I used the past tense as it will be the most appropriate.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 04:53 AM   #89
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 43,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Porn Nerd View Post
Exactly right. I didn't factor in the cost of their content (or lack thereof) but instead focused on their massive traffic. But your points are spot on.
How much do you invest in content production?

Quote:
Everyone wants to make the pie smaller thinking they will sell 10x the pies that way. Doesn't work that way, sorry (or only does for the Wal-Marts of the world).
That was the song they sang back in the day of losing 99% of potential sales. They assumed because they had 1,000s getting off on free porn and 100s buying it was all good. I told them the signups were coming from offline porn and when that well ran dry they would see the real picture.

They laughed at me then, they're not laughing now.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 05:03 AM   #90
femdomdestiny
Confirmed User
 
femdomdestiny's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Porn Nerd View Post
There are some great ideas in this thread but still I come to the conclusion that everything has been tried, or is being done now. Barring any new technology the job now, I feel, is marketing.
We didn't try time machine technology. We could go back in time and disable people who invented tubes?
__________________
Femdom Destiny - ICQ: 463-630-426
femdomdestiny is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 05:29 AM   #91
Bladewire
StraightBro
 
Bladewire's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Monarch Beach, CA
Posts: 22,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
And yet today we learn one of the best producers is going to create great content and give it to Tube sites.

By 2020 there will be so little left of the porn business few here today will still be here.

Because we had an industry dominated by the concept of giving away free porn. I used the past tense as it will be the most appropriate.
We disagree. 2020 is only 4 years away. Also it was organized crime theft from paysites posting to illegal tubes hosted in DMCA noncompliant countries that brought the industry down. When content producers started pulling back on providing longer & longer clips to tubes, new paysite updates were all of a sudden mysteriously stolen and posted on the tubes, that's when things came apart for the industry.

Things change but human instincts & behavors have fairly well established components & patterns. The hunting/gathering component of sexuality is what tubes play on, luckily most are retarded and stop there.

The owners of tubes also have a slash/burn mentality, for the most part, which isn't sustainable for a renewable content driven, members based profit model.

We'll see if the smarter stronger tubes will be successful at creating their own content in a way that's sustainable and release it in a way that's profitable. I'd work with them to assist if it was Pornhub, or a handful of others, the rest a dying out.

EDIT: Funny the tittle of this thread actually pertains to tubes, not paysites. Tubes Have To Change Before It's Too Late
Bladewire is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:12 AM   #92
Mutt
Too lazy to set a custom title
 
Mutt's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 34,421
Here's what I was hoping and it's similar to MyPorn but MyPorn is going to have a helluva time building anywhere near the traffic the big tubes have built up with user uploaded infringing content.

The big tubes should have one-click processing, if a viewer wants to buy the full scene in the highest quality format the producer makes available he pays $3.99 or whatever price the producer chooses. If the viewer is a big fan of the producer's work he can pay a monthly recurring fee to get all updates, $9.99/14.99/19.99 whatever the producer chooses - producer gets 50% and paid out by the tube site.

Producer can still have his own paysite - cost of a paysite is not much but the impulse buying with just one click while on the tube site will produce more sales.
__________________
I moved my sites to Vacares Hosting. I've saved money, my hair is thicker, lost some weight too! Thanks Sly!
Mutt is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:26 AM   #93
BlackCrayon
Too lazy to set a custom title
 
BlackCrayon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 19,270
as long as pirated content is so easy to get there is no reason for 99% of porn viewers to ever sign up to a paysite.

i guess you can do something fancy and maybe appeal to another 4% but generally porn is not a necessity for most people.

i've downoloaded "pirated" porn since 1999 and its always getting easier.

cams used to be something you had to pay for before myfreecams.

i saw the writing on the wall back in 2004 and decided to mostly get out of trying to sell porn.
__________________
you don't know you're wearing a leash if you sit by the peg all day..

blackcrayon77 [-at-] gmail.com
BlackCrayon is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:45 AM   #94
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 43,574
[QUOTE=Bladewire;21020641]We disagree. 2020 is only 4 years away.

I said.
Quote:
By 2020 there will be so little left of the porn business few here today will still be here.
And we can wait and see who is right.

Quote:
Also it was organized crime theft from paysites posting to illegal tubes hosted in DMCA noncompliant countries that brought the industry down. When content producers started pulling back on providing longer & longer clips to tubes, new paysite updates were all of a sudden mysteriously stolen and posted on the tubes, that's when things came apart for the industry.

Things change but human instincts & behavors have fairly well established components & patterns. The hunting/gathering component of sexuality is what tubes play on, luckily most are retarded and stop there.

The owners of tubes also have a slash/burn mentality, for the most part, which isn't sustainable for a renewable content driven, members based profit model.

We'll see if the smarter stronger tubes will be successful at creating their own content in a way that's sustainable and release it in a way that's profitable. I'd work with them to assist if it was Pornhub, or a handful of others, the rest a dying out.

EDIT: Funny the tittle of this thread actually pertains to tubes, not paysites. Tubes Have To Change Before It's Too Late
Knowing who spilt the milk, won't make people's incomes change.

For most who were here in 2008 it's over they have moved on, moving on, or planning how to move on. We have and as I knew the bad times were coming, we're fine. For those who are planning a long career in porn, I have a bridge to sell you.

For content producers there are far easier ways to make a living, assuming they have skills. Affiliates again those with real skills can move on, the rest are going to find life tough.

Online porn had 12 years maximum for most people in the business. Then getting it for free became a better option than paying for it. Once that line was crossed, it was downhill from there.

All this talk of starting again with something new makes me smile. Try mainstream with something that's worth consuming.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:54 AM   #95
SplatterMaster
Confirmed User
 
SplatterMaster's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: cyberspace
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCrayon View Post
as long as pirated content is so easy to get there is no reason for 99% of porn viewers to ever sign up to a paysite.


So much talk about tube sites. Tube sites aren't the problem, pirate sites are. From pirate sites i can download an entire membership area, with full size uncompressed videos. Why would I want shitty tube site videos when I can get the real deal from pirate sites Sites like KK and VG offer content as soon as it's released too.
SplatterMaster is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:19 AM   #96
The Porn Nerd
Living The Dream
 
The Porn Nerd's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Inside a Monitor
Posts: 13,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Markham View Post
We disagree. 2020 is only 4 years away.

I said. And we can wait and see who is right.



Knowing who spilt the milk, won't make people's incomes change.

For most who were here in 2008 it's over they have moved on, moving on, or planning how to move on. We have and as I knew the bad times were coming, we're fine. For those who are planning a long career in porn, I have a bridge to sell you.

For content producers there are far easier ways to make a living, assuming they have skills. Affiliates again those with real skills can move on, the rest are going to find life tough.

Online porn had 12 years maximum for most people in the business. Then getting it for free became a better option than paying for it. Once that line was crossed, it was downhill from there.

All this talk of starting again with something new makes me smile. Try mainstream with something that's worth consuming.
Paul you have been moaning about free porn and how no one can make money anymore ever since I joined this board in 2009. Yet as I have stated over and over, I make money and have done so ever since 2009 while YOU sit there and predict doom and gloom for years now.

All this proves to me is you are an old man who does not know how to sell porn in 2016. Or 2009. Or 2002. No offense but it is extremely easy to sit on the sidelines, having been out of the game for over a decade, and piss on other's efforts (and success). I am sorry Paul but I do not listen to your observations on this subject because they come across as excuses for your own failure, nothing more.
__________________
My Affiliate Programs:
Porn Showcase NEW! | Porn Nerd Cash | Erotic Revenue | Aggressive Dollars


The best paysites to promote!
ICQ: 579915163
The Porn Nerd is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:36 PM   #97
Paul Markham
Too old to care
 
Paul Markham's Avatar
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: On the sofa, watching TV or doing my jigsaws.
Posts: 43,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Porn Nerd View Post
Paul you have been moaning about free porn and how no one can make money anymore ever since I joined this board in 2009. Yet as I have stated over and over, I make money and have done so ever since 2009 while YOU sit there and predict doom and gloom for years now.

All this proves to me is you are an old man who does not know how to sell porn in 2016. Or 2009. Or 2002. No offense but it is extremely easy to sit on the sidelines, having been out of the game for over a decade, and piss on other's efforts (and success). I am sorry Paul but I do not listen to your observations on this subject because they come across as excuses for your own failure, nothing more.
I have never said no one can make money. In fact, recently I have said Tubes do make money along with the big companies.

you make money because you don't pay for the content. You do a rev share deal with those who now find the income no longer supports producing new content. Or are you saying your great income does support you paying for new content?

If you had joined in 2000 I was warning people that a race to see who could give away the most content, would end badly.

I never failed, I retired on the income I made from 3 decades of selling porn. You would know the reasons why I retired if you were here earlier.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 03:12 AM   #98
Shap
Confirmed User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Porn Nerd View Post
So it's ONLY about the price point, regardless of the value?
Price point is key. I've become used to Netflix at <$10 a month. That price point is a no brainer for me and I don't mind going 2 or 3 months without using it (as I just did these past 3 months). Once it goes over $10 (esp towards $19) I'd have to be using it regularly for me to justify keeping it. As a family we don't use it enough so I'd cancel.

Apps are the same. I rarely will pay for an app. I have to be super motivated and interested in the app or it's a lego kids game that I know my boys will love. Besides that I'm not keen on spending $$ for an app. Why? Because the app environment has taught me what is worth spending and what isn't. There are apps that I used to buy as software and pay $50, $100 or $200 for. But in the app environment they are now worth <10 and usually <5.

Music I'll buy from itunes store without every researching an alternative. It's just how I buy music.

I never buy movies.

Tv Shows I'll research when they'll be on cable. If I really can't get it within let's say a month I'll then go to itunes and buy it. If Itunes and Amazon do a geo block and try to stop me from seeing it for 6 months time (ie like they did with Ballers) then fuck them I'll download illegally. If I'm buying on itunes to watch on apple tv i'll buy HD version but if I'm going to watch on my ipad i'll buy SD version.

Just to give you insight into my buying decisions.
__________________
Or Follow Me on Twitter http://twitter.com/AskShap
Or Email me at AskShap at Gmail
Shap is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 03:15 AM   #99
Shap
Confirmed User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplatterMaster View Post


So much talk about tube sites. Tube sites aren't the problem, pirate sites are. From pirate sites i can download an entire membership area, with full size uncompressed videos. Why would I want shitty tube site videos when I can get the real deal from pirate sites Sites like KK and VG offer content as soon as it's released too.
That's interesting because I've never felt pirate sites were a threat. I know they are huge but I've often felt they cater to a different group of users. I may be naive and completely wrong but my gut just always told me pirate site users were never going to be members.

We actually had a situation for a while where the pirate sites actually listed our updates BEFORE us. That was not good.
__________________
Or Follow Me on Twitter http://twitter.com/AskShap
Or Email me at AskShap at Gmail
Shap is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 03:18 AM   #100
Shap
Confirmed User
 
Industry Role:
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 8,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
Here's what I was hoping and it's similar to MyPorn but MyPorn is going to have a helluva time building anywhere near the traffic the big tubes have built up with user uploaded infringing content.

The big tubes should have one-click processing, if a viewer wants to buy the full scene in the highest quality format the producer makes available he pays $3.99 or whatever price the producer chooses. If the viewer is a big fan of the producer's work he can pay a monthly recurring fee to get all updates, $9.99/14.99/19.99 whatever the producer chooses - producer gets 50% and paid out by the tube site.

Producer can still have his own paysite - cost of a paysite is not much but the impulse buying with just one click while on the tube site will produce more sales.
I know some people have questioned my reasons for bringing up a thread/topic like this. My main reason is a brainstorm session really. There is definitely still money to be made. Just running things as they've always been run isn't the way.

Your idea is great. There is definitely something in that. There has to be some sort of advancement in the delivering of content (maybe not necessarily always on your own website) and the billing of content (different price points, different areas you can buy it again not only on your website).
__________________
Or Follow Me on Twitter http://twitter.com/AskShap
Or Email me at AskShap at Gmail
Shap is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Post New Thread Reply
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >

Bookmarks

Tags
paysites, sites, money, content, change, porn, pornhub, twistys, adult, rebills, billing, site, changed, past, addiction, thread, start, tech, create, variety, silent, harder, collaboration, paysite, people
Thread Tools




©2000-, AVN Media Network Inc



Powered by vBulletin
Copyright © 2000- Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.