Thread: PimpServer
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2001, 03:11 PM  
Amputate Your Head
There can be only one

Industry Role:
Yeah... I can understand the Japanese thing.. I had to ban an entire netblock of Japanese IPs to my server here because of the weird shit goin' on... but I don't understand the blanket blacklisting of freehosts unless the freehost themselves are doing something to deserve it. I think it should be done on a URL or maybe an IP basis, and report offenders to the freehost. Because if someone has a domain, they are much less likely to be fucking over TGP owners (such as myself) than someone that signs up a freehost account using their designated htttp;//www.freehost.com/members/sexystuffinhere/gallerydirectory/tgpstuff/imaschmuck/heresmygallery address. Know what I mean? That could be anyone... and is usually some dickhead trying to cheat the planet... but a domain can be traced back to the owner. So instead, we are ALL getting fucked, included us domain owners, because of a few.

I know I know... I need to wake up from my pipe dream now and get back to work. I guess in the end, the speed, no cost, and bandwidth are more important to me than falling into a group of pre-blacklisted people. I'll lose some listings that I'd really like to keep, but if that's the price, I suppose I too must pay it.

Thanks for the feedback guys....

------------------

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!

*ERASERCASH!!!* $35 BUCKS PER SIGNUP!
*CASH IN ON YOUR TRAFFIC!* GammaCash
Amputate Your Head is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote