View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 10:39 PM  
oldnewbie
Confirmed User

No more Voyeur in VoyeurWeb?

Just read on the VoyeurWeb.com site that they're removing the voyeur section. Here's a clip from the story:

"Today, October 1st , will be the last day that we will feature the full range of voyeur pictures at the voyeur section. I finally made my decision yesterday - and I slept much better last night. Different issues led to this decision, here are just some pieces:

When we started years ago, it took massive preparation to voyeur someone. Today, even a freaking cell phone can be used to voyeur an entire dressing room. What used to be an exciting game of preparations and thrills, has turned into something you can buy around the corner. The thrill is gone.

Our lawmakers didn't sleep. Today, in many countries voyeur laws are being passed on national level. Video voyeurism is or will turn into a federal/national crime in your country too. If caught, your life is ruined and your family is in jeopardy and your job is gone. With the visibility that Voyeurweb has, it would be more than unresponsible to motivate new voyeurs. And I dont want the authorities to present them our pages as their fishing grounds for criminals. That would be stupid. Its more about your ass (if you are a voyeur), than our asses (as a publisher), but still.

Voyeurweb mutated into the most huge playground for adults over the years. Our reputation is very good as we play by rules and by common sense. Our fun is harmless. We would be invited to many work and advisory panels regarding new media laws in several countries, if we would not feature that one section...the voyeur section. I prefer to have a voice in those panels - those are panels where we can change something for the future. Bottomline: From tomorrow on there will be no voyeur section. Will it re-open with a different picture policy, like for example tolerating pictures which were taken at public places with no covert equipments while only banning covert angles and spy equipment? This I dont know - it depends on the outcome of my public discussions at our General BB. Feel free to join if you feel like you have to say something! Besides the Voyeur Section, no other section are effected by my decission."

Interresting, eh? And kind of sad.
oldnewbie is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote