View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 05:49 PM  
nico-t
emperor of my world

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesignerMissy View Post
This is such a lovely story. Sometimes we forget that people can be generous and kind without any ulterior motive. I'm not a cynical person, but sometimes I can be pessimistic, and these kinds of stories restore my positive thinking.
this is not a lovely story. It's a prime example how people are extremely gullible and dish out their hard earned money they worked their asses off for to some random scam campaign with a rehashed sob story.

I was talking to a friend of mine and this campaign came up. Turns out there was another exact same story, only the gasoline was a train ticket. This turned out to be a scam, confirming my instinct that this is a hoax.

A simple way to make people donate, make the donaters feel special like they did something good and share it on social media to show their friends how good they are, baiting more of their soft naive friends into funding this scam campaign.

You worked for your money. Think about the hours and effort you put in to earn an honest buck. If this scam story would be true, why didn't she give him a reasonable amount that fits the spent $20 and the effort, in private?

Naive, gullible idiots lining up for their quick fix of feeling and appearing to be 'caring'. Idiots.
nico-t is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote