View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 12:03 PM  
just a punk
So fuckin' bored

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladewire View Post
I did watch a video from 90's about Russian fighter jets on Discovery (I can Google it if you ask). There was an American pilot who has tried both the US and Russian aircrafts. He said that the US machines are scalpels, while the Russian ones are hummers. The Russian aircraft can take off and land even w/o a аirstrip - right to dirt or grass. Those can fly in any climate (they don't freeze or overheat) and they don't give a shit about gravity and physics: the Russian planes can fly anyhow and they won't be destroyed by the air flow during the maneuvers. Also he said that Russian pilots have to do the things that will make the American pilots to lose their job. E.g. like a flying with a supersonic speed at a 10 meters attitude.

In the USA the pilot will be dismissed, in Russia it's a must. I'm still tinkling of the "Top Gun" movie and laughing at it

P.S. You know what? If it will be a real combat (a one when you have to win or die), I'll prefer to have a hummer against a scalpel