View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 08:03 PM  
HairyChick
Slowly dying

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarettah View Post
If what you outlined is actually all that you have done then your files should be available in your recycle bin I would think.

There should be nothing in the programs folder that would stop your computer from booting up in safe mode.

So, boot up in safe mode. Go to the recycle bin. Highlight the program folder and any other files you want to restore and then pick restore the selected items and voila, they should be back in place. Then just reboot in normal mode and go on your merry way.

If you do not know how to boot Win 10 in safe mode then go here: 7 ways to boot into Safe Mode in Windows 10 | Digital Citizen and it tells you various ways to get into safe mode.

If you cannot find the recycle bin then go here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...9414489?auth=1

It tells how to make the recycle bin show up.

Hope it helps.

Thank you very, very, very much! I'm about to go to sleep but decided to check email. This sounds easy to fix and I'll attempt tomorrow afternoon. I will certainly sleep better knowing this is doable. I thought about the recycle bin but didn't want to corrupt Windows by booting it up.

Fingers crossed 👍
HairyChick is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote