View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 07:33 PM  
TMM_John
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseKink View Post
Okay, so for the issue of links that we will no longer be supporting.

These are links that contain no affiliate information, only a campaign ID. The reason being is that NATS used to have some links that would just match a campaign ID number to the affiliate it belonged to, but not include the affiliate name.

When we imported these campaigns into our new system, we found a number that were either duplicates from NATS itself, we could no longer match to an existing affiliate, or from campaigns in our system already. This does not represent a huge number of affiliates nor does it represent a large portion of our traffic.

Here is an example of one of these encodes:

MTYzMTcyNTozOjQw unwraps to 1631725:3:40 - There is no affiliate ID present here as you can see.

This does represent a fairly significant issue when it comes to resolving it.

1. We do not have any degree of certainty that we can match these old campaign ID's to the correct account, either in NATS or in the new KinkyDollars. This is as much a NATS problem as it is a KinkyDollars problem.

2. In order to even do this, it would take two dev's at least two days to even just pull a referral path and gather these URL's from traffic they sent from the past six months. And again, we have no gauge for the accuracy of matching these campaigns up, nor could we pull ALL of your URL's for you to go fix them.

3. We implemented a partial discontinuance of a segment of these links on June first [this wasn't reported to me initially, as I was out of town at the time.]

The good news is, if you don't notice a large drop in traffic starting June 1st, this hasn't affected you so far and likely won't. This is because we were able to match the campaign ID from NATS to the ones we mapped out in KinkyDollars.

The bad news is, we've finished running this and we're going to completely end support for the remaining ones that we can't map.

BEFORE YOU START YELLING, HERE'S WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

1. If you notice a significant and consistent traffic drop beginning on JUNE 1ST 2017, contact me so I can review your numbers and I will credit you for any lost sales and rebills based on your conversion ratio and an average cancellation rate of 30% month over month.

2. You will have to investigate and update your links accordingly, should you notice a traffic drop off on June 1st, or August 1st. But again, this is such a small portion of affiliate traffic, most of you will not be affected.

3. This does not affect any other types of encoded NATS links.

I'm sorry for anyone this affects, but this is truly non-fixable with any degree of certainty and to give up literally almost 32 hours of working dev time for an issue that represents very little revenue... I just can't sell that.

But if I can see a traffic drop as outlined above, rest assured you will be paid.

E-MAIL ME DIRECTLY TO RESOLVE THIS.
There's a fair bit of misinformation here. I don't want to get into it in a public space, but I'd suggest speaking with us before blaming us on a public forum when that is not the case. I'm easy to reach.
TMM_John is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote