View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 09:20 AM  
Jesse1984
Web Viking

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkbeard View Post
This is really a question for higher management, but why is your tech team in charge of policy decisions that affect marketing? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Usually the way it goes is that the tech guys say "this is how it's going to be" and somebody above them has to say "no, that will damage our business reputation". If that's not happening, it should.

But meanwhile, you need to announce link-breaking news at least as loudly as they were promised not to break.

Of course, it appears that the only time I routinely used encoded links was in places (tumblr reposts and other social media) that no longer allow user edits. So, if you can't convince your guys to write the extra lines of code, that traffic is gone forever ... or rather, you still get it but I don't get paid for it. Leaves a sour taste, even if it's small.
Tech is mandated with working on our new affiliate system [by us] and in doing so they made the decision to discontinue support for these links, which they then informed us of. Being that they're not nor ever have been affiliates, they don't know the amount of work that goes into changing your links so they gave what they thought was an appropriate amount of time.

Based on the feedback in this thread [we were planning on sending an e-mail today to all affiliates about it] I can now bring back alternative suggestions to them and see what we can do.

I understand your frustration as an affiliate, despite not having been one, and having to deal with the plethora of folks that have been in and out of Kink.com over the past couple of years. I was hoping the last six months of dealing with me would have made you realize, that I'm clearly willing to fight for and work with you guys on better solutions.

I'm going to set a meeting with tech for today to see what can be done. Hold off on lighting the torches and raising the pitchforks for now.
Jesse1984 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote