View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 07:36 AM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewNick View Post
You're really not very clever are you.
Ah...insults...last resort in an argument.

I'll keep it in the arena of ideas instead.

What I am trying to point out is: "International Funding" usually means the United States paying the big majority of that "funding".
In other words taking money from OUR taxpayers and handing it to other country's.

And in this case...it is country's that are potential CUSTOMERS of U.S. energy resources.

So, from a business perspective...the United States would be paying other country's to NOT be our customers.
That is a LOSE/LOSE proposition for the U.S.

And it's just one of many in a long line of stupid decisions made by bureaucrats.

I voted for Trump for the economy. This is part of what working people are sick and fucking tired of.

Killing our own economy...just really, really dumb.

As far as the "Green Energy" vs. fossil fuels debate...I'm not arguing that.

I want solar energy because it SHOULD be free. And the only reason that we DON'T have solar in more abundance is because it IS free.
But now that big companies and the power utilities have figured out a way to make sure that they can keep their recurring billing model by keeping solar panels way over-priced and "renting" the panels with payment plans spread out over 20 years...we are finally starting to see solar energy being used.

I am certain that the technology is only going to get better and better and better. And that electric cars are the future.

Having said all of that, it's still a stupid decision to hurt our own economy and not take advantage of new technology that has enabled us to discover vast reserves of fossil fuel resources that we didn't even know existed 20 years ago.
Also technology that DOES make burning fossil fuels "cleaner" than ever before.

Car emissions are the lowest they've ever been. And every year, more smart people are creating new ways to get faster cars that run more cleanly than the year before.

That will continue. And solar technological advancements will continue as well.

There is no need to have the Federal Govt. put us in global agreements that deliberately hurt our economy in the meantime.