View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 10:25 AM  
Shap
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Barcelona Paysite Meetup... Here's What You Missed and My Thoughts On It

Hi Everyone! I'd like to share my recent experience at the Barcelona Paysite Meetup.

I should preface with the fact that I've always been very critical of adult shows. I'm the first one to say adult shows suck. They are nothing more than a glorified meeting ground where the only thing you are guaranteed is a weakened immune system.

For those who don't know.. The PaySite MeetUp is an Intimate One Day Event that is focused on discussing ideas and issues rather than working deals. There were around 20 of us and the official day started at 10am and finished at 7pm. The discussions went on way past that and wrapped up around 2am. In my 20 years in the industry it was the most thought provoking and thought sharing day I've ever experienced.

Here are some points regarding the different elements of the event.

- Venue... The event was hosted at the Vendo offices. A gorgeous space in the middle of Barcelona with a stunning rooftop. Perfect spot with delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner (and wines). Done perfectly from beginning to end.

- Organization and Schedule... The day was jam packed with topics and issues to be discussed. Everything ran very smoothly and on schedule thanks to Mitch. Not only were things on time but the amount of time assigned to each topic and for in-between talk was perfect. In fact it was so efficient when dinner time rolled around my cell phone was slammed with messages as I had not had a chance all day to get to it.

- Attendees... The attendees were all Paysite owners or decision makers. You had everything from small paysites to mid range to huge. This really made things interesting. There was no attitude or ego from anyone. Everybody's thoughts and input were respected and considered.
The highlight of the day....

- Discussions... This is by far the highlight of the day. In one day I came away learning and thinking about more things than every adult show I've ever been to. Here is the most important thing for other paysite owners... The things I learned were not things I can post here. There was a real sense of security in the room that everybody there trusted each other with what was being said and it was for the group only. Some of that involved private company data and company experiences that everyone could learn from but really wouldn't be appropriate to post. I can only equate it to how you feel when you discuss personal issues with a friend. You let your guard down and you share more than you should with them. The same thing happened at the PaySite Meetup. Everyone let their guard down and shared a little more than they usually would and the result was just an absolute wealth of information.

Overall impression I loved it. I flew to Barcelona with the mentality that I'd try to provide some value to the group and expected to get nothing out of it. I feel the opposite happened. I come away with so much. Some great information and data on tubes, AI implementation, project management, prioritizing projects etc. A wealth of information.

To All PaySite Owners.... I highly recommend you change your schedule and make the effort to get to one of the upcoming events. You will thank me afterwards

Thanks to Mitch and the Vendo crew for a great day and event. I'm glad I decided to go.

Paysite Owners Group.... One final thing. One of the conversations that was discussed was forming a PaySite Owners Group. I'm going to discuss this with Mitch and a few other participants this week. If you are a paysite owner and would be interested in this let us know ;)
Shap is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote