View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 06:47 AM  
2MuchMark
Videochat Solutions

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by notinmybackyard View Post
For the last 10 years I've been restoring a 1934 Ford coupe and there's zero plastic.
I was of course talking about modern cars. I know you knew that, you knew I knew that, but ... just keep being you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddog View Post
Gays having kids; great idea.
Ah, there's the real baddog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyM View Post
Ohh Mark Princess, you are correct ..we are ignoring physics, great you mentioned it, here is some info regarding weight

TESLA model S
price: $107, 000 (100D)
2,200 kg (4,850 lb) (90D)
2,250 kg (4,960 lb) (P90D)
2,300 kg (5,070 lb) (100D) , 0-100: 4.4 s, top speed: 250 km/h, range: 632 km

Alfa Romeo Giulia
price‎: ‎$73,595

1,374 kg 2.2 diesel
1,524 kg Q (2.9L V6) , 0-100: 3.9 s, top speed: 307 km/h , range: 680 km

800 kilos for fucking batteries

And $30k extra
LOL! I am talking about Physics, not specs. Furthermore, this is not even close to an answer.

Dude if you're going to argue your point, the first thing you need to do is stay on point. Fight oranges with oranges, not apples.

Quote:

I fish and hunt.

I've had the misfortune of finding plastic in the guts of fish and on one occasion several years ago the remains of a plastic bag in the stomach of a moose.
That's terrible. I see videos on youtube and on TV about the amount of plastic that is everywhere now, especially in the oceans, and its heartbreaking.

Quote:
I can see first hand the environmental impact and how much pure bullshit "recycling of plastic" is.
I don't think its bullshit. I think the current form of recycling isn't good enough, and I think that many people and companies just don't give a shit and throw their plastic right into the ocean. The situation is awful for sure.

Quote:
This "electric car" is pure bullshit.
In order to reduce weight they're made from plastics
Plastic is used in cars to reduce weight and increase range in both electric AND gasoline-driven cars. Lighter cars use less energy.

Quote:
while the batteries that drive them are ecological nightmares.
Not true. The batteries last for up to 10 years, and can be recycled. Many batteries still retain up to 70% of their storage capacity and can be used to power other things.

Quote:
Plus all the *Rare Earth Minerals* are mined in places like the Congo using child labor in unsafe mines.
Maybe, but blame the mining companies, not the technology.

Quote:
By comparison my old gas guzzling classic cars are made out of steel
I'm sure its a beautiful car, but you have to know that your car uses alot more energy, and costs you alot more to run, and pollutes the air alot more, and is alot less effecient overall than a modern care.

Romantic visions of the "old days" and the "old ways were better" and "old cars are better", is pure bullshit. You can appreciate old cars (like I do), but you can't ever say they are better overall.

Quote:
and the earth has no problems absorbing steel.
Exactly how does the earth "absorb" steel? Please include links with your answer.

Quote:
Furthermore we've known the last 30+ years how to deal with the emissions of a gas engine. By the mid 90s the amount of "pollution" that comes out the ass of a car is next to nothing.
Time for a science lesson! Modern gasoline cars produce:

- Hydrocarbons, a toxic compound of hydrogen and carbon.
- Nitrogen Oxides (NOx), from burning nitrogen and oxygen
- Carbon Monoxide
- Particulate matter - small particles that create haze in the air that damages lungs.

It gets worse: When the sun shines on this pollution, the Hydrocarbons and NOx produce Ozone. Ozone protects the earth from UV rays when its at the edge of space, but down here it creates smog and makes it harder to breath.

(Here in Montreal, we actually have Ozone alerts).

EV's have no tailpipe and produce none of that.

Quote:
So if any of the Green Tech Nazis really want to make the world healthier then they should go after farming, e-waste, genetically modified organisms, planned obsolescence and all the fucking lazy assholes that are always looking for another labor saving trinket instead of doing some hard work.
No one is saying that none of these things are important too. The world has all kinds of problems and all of them need to be addressed. For the purposes of this argument though, you really should try to stay on-topic.

Peace.

VideoChat Solutions | Custom Software | IT Support
https://www.2much.net | https://www.lcntech.com
2MuchMark is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote