View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 09:25 AM  
SpicyM
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MuchMark View Post
Hi Spicey, I was waiting for you or someone to say that.

I was always a Trans-am guy. I owned about 10 of them between 1987 and 2001, the last production year. When Camaro's came around I bought one... then another. My last Camaro was a fucking sick beast : 2SS RS 1LE 550HP V8 Roar mobile.

I totally understand the romantic enthusiasm people have for the sound of a V8. Personally, I prefer the low hz rumble of a V8 than a high pitch wine of a 4 cyl any day. It is very safe to call me a V8 or F-car enthusiast. I get it. I understand. I know and appreciate the hard-on that a V8 can give any dude.

Now that being said, the sound and the rumble is only 1 small part of the car that anyone can love. You can also love the styling, handling, braking and especially performance. Would you agree?

Lets talk about performance. EV's like the Model S easily beat most V8's in a race, but you know this already as do most everyone else. EV's accelerate like crazy.

What you may not know is that many EV cars can out perform V8's too, simply because the center of gravity is lower to the ground thanks to the battery. EV's corner like they're riding on rails and if you don't believe me, I challenge you to go to a Tesla gallery and ask for a test drive. You won't fucking believe it.

So now: Imagine a performance car thats fun to drive, beats most V8's on the road and corners like a beast, but with the V8 roar replaced with silence. That's what an EV is.

There were 35,000 deaths due to accidents in the USA in 2015:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_U.S._by_year

Maybe you don't need autopilot, but maybe others do. Even if you never get one, autopilot driving someone elses car might save them from crashing into you one day.

Thanks for the explanation, I still don't give a fuck about this electric shit
SpicyM is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote