View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 03:55 PM  
Jesse1984
Web Viking

Industry Role:
Bonus round, for those of you actually following this thread. Some of you have noticed your campaigns are not receiving traffic, I've replied this directly to some of you, if I missed you because of an old ass e-mail thread, feel free to EMAIL ME.

Turns out, the guy who built Kinkydollars and then quit, didn't plan for special characters in campaigns. The most common being a hyphen, but for some dumb fuck reason only included underscores.

The result was, any campaigns that included a special character outside of an underscore [most common being hyphens, but other standard characters like asterisks, cyrillic [for Russia] and some asian characters] were then sent to an accounts default campaign.

We're still determining when this bug started, but at WORST your traffic was sent to your default and non-attributed campaign: IT WAS NOT LOST.

This gets to the bottom of one of the most infuriating traffic issues we've been experiencing. It sounds so fucking web basic, considering we map all of our campaigns on an account level via campaign ID's not actual campaign text but... sometimes the obvious is in front of your eyes. Or to quote my high school football coaches, "IF IT WAS A SNAKE IT WOULD'VE FUCKIN BIT YA."

This all being said, if you have traffic questions, feel your stats are wrong [and can send me screen shots] hit me up. Let's work it out and if it's our fuck up, I'll happily credit you sales / renewals based on statistics.

Or if you just wanna promote the best BDSM / Fetish content out there, that's cool too. Both Kink and myself are able to move past bugs, almost two decades of possible blood or relationships gone astray, let's do the damn thing and make some money.
Jesse1984 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote