View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 12:13 AM  
sitefarmer
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NALEM View Post
I've had mixed results. What I have discovered is what I believe is a pattern of cheating by FB.

Use their filters to set your target audience, which includes sex, age range, Geo location, hobbies , etc. Display the ads only on FB, and only during the days and hours that attract more of your targeted audience. Set your budget and when the campaign is to expire.

I've noticed a pattern where they magically burn through my budget in the final hours of the campaign. Let me give a simple scenario:

20 USD budget for 4 day campaign (Monday to Thursday, 6am to 9pm).

Monday - 3 USD spent.
Tuesday - 4 USD spent
Wednesday - 3 USD spent.
Thursday - 10 USD spent. (2 USD by early afternoon, then suddenly there is this unusual surge above the normal pattern costing the additional 8 USD)

Based on our tracking, we know that Thursday should of cost us 2-4 USD. But since the campaign is set to end in a few hours, they manage to expose our ad to a ton more people. I highly doubt that. Plus analytics show a bunch of visitors in the end staying 0 seconds.
Yes same here. That's why I pause it at the last day. I do prefer making 1 day adverts with big budget, starts by lunch time till tomorrow lunch time. Then I pause it late at the evening. I have great results with it. Even when 2-3 days adverts I try to pause it when 70% of money spent. I don't see any great results in those last minutes anyway.

Behance - Mainstream projects
sitefarmer is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote