View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 06:26 PM  
HairyChick
Slowly dying

Industry Role:
Fix A Fucked-Up Website

*sigh*. Someone here kindly took a zip of my old site and put it on the domain. Slowly, I've been moving files around. Tonight I tried to look at the content but only got 404s. The folders I clicked on were empty.

I know I have the content in the zip. The back end of the site I don't have. I'm planning on installing Wordpress and manually linking to categories, etc.

If need be, I'll rebuild each category by hand. I'm thinking I can add categories in Wordpress and just check off where each post belongs. It would be easier if this info was uploaded from the zip.

What I need is someone familiar with Wordpress and can make sense of the site. Find my files in the zip, help me setup the page output formats, help me make this easy to use. I know what I want but with amnesia, I'll never remember how I did things. I'm also online a limited amount of time so automation is mandatory. If I have time, I want to login via iPhone and work on the site.

I tried to put Wordpress on the domain but my connection is slow. I think most files are there. The current design is not coded for Wordpress but a few tweaks will fix that.

If this makes sense, and you are capable of fixing my fucked-up site, drop me email at purple laptop at g mail dot com with no spaces.
HairyChick is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote