View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 02:33 PM  
nico-t
emperor of my world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladewire View Post
The real problem is it seems this has been happening awhile and you haven't caught on until the traffic drop trigger right? So lesson learned to keep an eye out.

Have you seen a rise in rankings over the last year, then a drop? The reason I ask is because some of the links on some of those domains might be helping you and any action on your part could cause a drop in rankings no matter what you do.

Example: oletravel.net w/ 125k backlinks to you is offline, your rankings are down, they could have been helping you.

I asked about the patterns in their links to you for a reason, you have certain options if their link patterns contain non existent subdirectories on your site, if they're really serious/or knowledgeable about damaging you this will be the case.

If you're worried about server load get cloudflare and use their custom 404 page option and add your home page code there or a nice keyword rich link to your homepage.

Disavow the domains, not individual urls, and send to Google ASAP

domain:oletravel.net
domain:hystoretechnologies.com

Disavowing a full domain goes through quick, a couple weeks or less, and enough submissions from others and Google penalized the bad domain, that's why Nico-T says not to report! (JK ).

There are tons of other options and someone will always disagree or have a better way but if you're stressed and are low on server resources follow what I said above as your first steps .

*Posted from my phone
horrible advice. You are doing googles job. Google is smart enough to not let those domains count. I've experienced this first hand. Some sites of mine were hit hard some time ago, and even i hesitated 'should i use the disavow tool'? I never did and eventually my sites came back.

That tool is there to take advantage of desperate webmasters.

Leave it. Hang in there. Google doesn't need you to report sites, they use you.

Keep building and don't ever get in that luring bed with the devil
nico-t is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote