View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 11:14 AM  
blackmonsters
Yo Mamma!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamWinterReturns View Post
The job has been filled. Thanks for applying. (This was the message I sent to all).

GFY folks are reasonable. I wanted to choose one but I'd already hired. I'll email him next time. Thank you to all who emailed me.

I posted this on the Wordpress site. One guy bid $100 because "his rent is due." Another wanted $350 and that was giving me a discount. How about $25 -- an hour -- but it will take five days?

The guy I chose has done work for me before. He will take an existing Captcha plugin and modify it. Custom coding is best but the budget doesn't stretch too far Years ago guys from foreign countries were dirt cheap. Now they want top dollar, payment up front (yeah, right) and list their former work sites as a resume, but I can't view the backend to test things.
Yeah, but years ago all they needed to know was html4, javascript and a little PERL for 90% of task.

Now they need html5, javascript, jQuery, php, mySQL, CSS3, tableless design and responsive design just to get started.
PLUS you also needed someone who understands how wordpress works with a plugin.

And let's not forget about inflation; almost nothing cost the same as years ago.

As far as foreign countries go; skilled internet workers don't have to accept inferior pay because of where they live.
Their work reaches across the planet into a true world market.