View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 06:35 PM  
bronco67
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by woj View Post
there is more to exercise than just "I burned 300 calories"...
- your metabolism increases for many hours afterwards so you burn additional calories because of that...
- you also build muscle mass, which also increases # of calories you burn...
- it makes it easier to control eating, ice cream doesn't look as appealing when you realize you had to work your ass off in the morning for an hour to burn off the calories it contains...
- you feel better, stronger, etc, it also builds your self discipline "muscle", making it easier to eat healthy
etc

so exercise is just as important, if not more, as healthy eating...
All of this.

It all points to developing the correct mentality, which is key to effortlessly staying lean and muscular. Everyone I know thinks being jacked is this state that I tenuously grasp 24/7, trying desperately to hold on to it. They're shocked to see me eating pizza and ice cream because they have this idea that being fit means eating broccoli and bean sprouts constantly. What's great is once you get to this state, it's actually hard to get fat again. I would have to make a strong effort over an extended period of time for that to happen.

You keep your fitness level easily when you enjoy the process of staying fit, and the only way to enjoy is create your own plan that works with your life. It's not about being 100% perfect because that fizzles out in a couple of months. Long term moderate behaviors allow you get fit, stay fit and also enjoy some donuts or cookies..or whatever.