View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 07:01 PM  
bronco67
Too lazy to set a custom title

I wish people would quit acting like not working out is why people are fat.

people are fat because they don't monitor their caloric intake against their caloric need. All the exercise in the world won't help if the diet is shit. You can burn 300 calories in an hour, but you can also eat those 200 calories in a few seconds -- which you probably will because cardio makes you hungry. And when cardio makes you hungry, you WILL eat.

I'm not saying doing all those exercises in the graphic would be bad. But it should be secondary to getting the food intake sorted out. Actually, it should be tertiary, because the mental framework is most important.

I've been diet coaching a few friends, and when they're really overweight I tell them to just take a walk every day and don't do any high intensity exercise. If the diet is maintained properly then the walking will be a cherry on top, and keep them from abandoning everything because they got burned out from all that jumping around like a madman. The main thing I teach them is how to think like a fit person, and how to make food their bitch, instead of the other way around.

That's why most trainers suck. They throw all of these fancy exercises at fat people to make them think they're doing something, but don't really tell them how to reframe getting fit mentally first, or even help with the diet -- or most of them don't even know anything about how to get fit because half the ones I see at my gym are not even in good shape. I'm ripped as fuck and I see some of these trainers and wonder if they got their certification from a fucking cereal box. There must be a low barrier for entry into that profession. One of the requirements should be having a body people want to have sex with.

Don't get me started on this.