View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 12:15 PM  
drexl
Whale Hunter

Industry Role:
Now we're talking.

Your test is good but it doesn't trigger a redirect. Either switch the device emulation to Galaxy S5 or send the cb url to a real mobile phone.
My phone is an Android based phone, when I send the standard chaturbate affiliate link to it, I land on m.chaturbate.com

Now let's see a traceroute of what is happening:

The cookie is saved on chaturbate.com (BING: visit +1 in the dashboard) but the customer is gonna eventually register on m.chaturbate.com (free registration remains at 0)
And here are the comprehensive list of cookies for m.chaturbate.com

no affkey!

I don't understand how you managed to save a cookie on m.chaturbate.com and one reason for the various results we're getting could be A/B testing (some gets served a different version of a page).

Regardless: my demonstration coupled with the fact that Support themselves said the affiliate link was not yet implemented is evidence we are repaying someone else's mortgage at full speed while spending our days working for peanuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarettah View Post
I had not posted this before because every time I tried to recreate what you guys were talking about I got mixed results.

I didn't know if I was really testing it properly or not.

But tonight I went in and did a bunch of tests and all I can say is that either something has changed or you guys are wrong or I am testing it improperly or any/all of the above. lol.

I recorded what I did. It is in 2 gifs. The exort function for screencastify limits the size of the gif so it might be hard to read in places. You can increase the browser zoom a bit though and read it.

In the first gif. I clear cookies. I go into device emulation mode for Iphone 6. I go to one of my urls (taken directly from the tools in the chaturbate affiliate area). It does not look to me as if it does a mobile redirect, btw. I then close that by going back to google (home page) and then shut down the emulation mode and go look at cookies and the cookies, including the affkey are all there.

For the second test, I clear cookies. I go into device emulation mode for Iphone 6. I go to a modified version of my url (where I changed it to m.chaturbate.com). At the bottom of this one I show the source panel so we can see it is indeed m.chaturbate.com. I then go back to the home page. Shut down the emulation mode and go in to look at cookies and there are cookies for m.chaturbate.com including the affkey cookie. In this one there is NOT an affkey cookie for chauturbate (without the m.) but there is one there for the mobile version (m,.)

So, what am I doing wrong or did they fix it and I am in after the fix here?