Industry Role:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky View Post
Welcome to the board
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBreporo View Post
It is a shame Reporo is not part of that list :/

On to the original question - I take your point it can be daunting, and trusting ad networks comes at a 'price' - and the price is not knowing how your traffic is being monetised

I think about it like this though - traffic monetization as a product (credit, vouchers, carrier billing et all) VS. traffic monetization through ad networks.

To make money as a product, you will always fall short somewhere - credit deficient GEOs like India, Thailand, South Africa / carrier billed deficient GEOs like USA, Canada, UK / physical structure deficiencies of vouchers and many more

If you were intent on only making money from 1 GEO - go for a different money-making model -- but at some point you'll start to get TH traffic, or IN - and at that point using an Ad network is crucial - as you have a whole company hunting clients who buy traffic where you cannot physically make money yourself because of your billing method (no matter which one you choose) - so, someone doing the work for you

TL;DR -- if you want to play in 1 or 2 GEOs, use whatever billing method is easiest -- more than that, to make proper money you'll need an Ad network

if you are interested to chat more, just register at Reporo as a publisher and make contact with me direct through the support mails - I am the Commercial Director

PS> all my own opinion of course ;)
PPS> I have built a lot of carrier billed products in the past, so can give you more info on these if you desire
Thank you! More knowledge to stack
Lindo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote