View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 12:00 PM  
brandonstills
Confirmed User

Alternative energy technology is advancing so fast there's not really any need to worry about it I think. Clean energy sources are on track to replace "dirty" sources of energy.

But one thing that is important to understand is that there is a certain amount of energy needed to support a population at a given standard of living. It is undesirable to sacrifice some trees if it means people have to die. Human lives before trees and squirrels I say.

Lowering energy creation means lowering standards of living, or worst case, not being able to support human life; we can't all go back to living in caves and chopping down trees for fire.

In synthetic biology they are developing bacteria that eat plastic and other pollutants.

The development of technology allows us to consume things that are considered "pollution" and use them as new energy sources / raw materials. With that in mind, I'm not overly worried.

brandonstills is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote