View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 11:51 AM  
thommy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkster View Post
I totally agree - however it is not competitive economically with fracked natural gas in the northern states of the US, which has led to a lot of plants having to shutdown and are going into de-commissioning along with a huge loss of jobs in the industry.
Fortunately some see the benefits of it in the southern states and are building new plants - a lot of construction going on.

I have always thought that with some real education given to both the news media and the public we could advance nuclear energy to be a real financial win in the markets...and make the licensing costs much less than the billions it costs right now.
maybe you are too young to remember tschernobyl - but i lived like 4000 km away when that happend and we could not eat anything from the own garden for around 15 years - and even today you can messure the radioactivity in all what grows in germany, austria, switzerland and all the countries in a radius of 5000 km.

but at least you should have a little clue about fukushima.
the japanese only closed a "small part" with a few thousand square kilometers around the reactor but infact all japan is influenced.

but it is not only japan. look where this shit is now:

it already reached the cost of canada and from there it can only go to north or south - have fun !!