View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 07:20 PM  
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFED View Post
Do you try hard being that stupid or does it come naturally?
Stupid is someone who doesn't actually educate himself before defending something. You believe Trump will bring back coal jobs, I can tell you that those jobs will not be there, because there is no expanding market for coal. It's a dying industry..

(I've worked for a clean coal technology company. They laid off over 100 people in the last year)

Coal is not dead due to regulations. Coal is dead because it cost too much to dig out of the ground. Fracking & Solar are the market drivers which killed coal, both produce electric cheaper than coal. There will never be another new coal plant in the US and all coal plants in the US have a decommission date. China the world's largest user of coal, has even started canceling coal plants that were under construction to switch to solar. (ie they aren't even finishing many of the plants which were under construction)

The free market decided not the big scary EPA.. Not Trump, Not Obama.. The electric produced by coal cost more than solar, wind or Fracking of natural gas. The only coal producing going on in this country is to fill the needs of the remaining power plants but as those plants shut down or burn down (like St. Clair Power Plant which burnt last year)

St Clair was actually one of our power plants which we just about to update their emission system.. It burnt to the ground and will never be brought back online.

I'm informed, you are not..
crockett is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote