View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 05:22 PM  
Jel
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR_Glen View Post
I am not a fan of the pedestal that people create for celebrities either, especially ones who haven't done anything to earn it, but I can still empathize if something bad happens to them. I would hope you would be able to as well.
I empathize with the friends & family of whoever dies, celebrities included... feeling any personal loss even if I'm a huge fan though? Not even a little bit. As I've got older I've realised that doesn't make me 'right' and them 'wrong' or vice versa, it just makes me different to someone who gets personally upset. I still can't fathom why someone would be personally emotionally hurt because a celeb they liked died, but these days I kinda give about as much of a fuck about the reasoning, as I do when the celeb dies.

I'm oddly pleased in a way though, I like the fact we aren't all exactly the same, and don't have the same emotions for the same specific things. I still roll my eyes of course when I read on facebook that somebody cried because george michael died, that's just the cunt in me I suppose.
Jel is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote