View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 09:42 AM  
2MuchMark
Videochat Solutions

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddog View Post
I prefer the constitution to the desires of some idiot.
Finally!! You and I agree on something.

Trump seems to not want to respect the constitution much...

From: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...tion.html?_r=0

?Nobody should be allowed to burn the American flag - if they do, there must be consequences - perhaps loss of citizenship or year in jail!?
Nov. 29, 2016 on Twitter
The Supreme Court has ruled that flag burning is protected by the First Amendment. It has also said that the government may not strip Americans of their citizenship.

?Prior to the election it was well known that I have interests in properties all over the world.Only the crooked media makes this a big deal!?
Nov. 21, 2016 on Twitter
The Constitution bars federal government officials from receiving gifts and payments from foreign governments, Mr. Trump?s business dealings with entities controlled by foreign states could test that limitation.

On conceding the election: ?What I?m saying is that I will tell you at the time. I?ll keep you in suspense.?
Oct. 19, 2016 at the third presidential debate
For more than 200 years, presidential elections in the United States have been settled according to the procedures set out in the Constitution and other laws, and they have concluded with the peaceful transfer of power from one administration to the next. Mr. Trump?s statement leaves open the possibility that he will try to break from those precedents.

?Because you?d be in jail.?
Oct. 9, 2016 at the second presidential debate
Mr. Trump has said that, if elected, he would instruct his attorney general to reopen criminal investigations into Mrs. Clinton?s use of a private email server. (After the election, he appeared to soften his position, saying, ?I don?t want to hurt the Clintons.?) Mr. Trump will have the legal power to tell his attorney general to open or close investigations, though doing so would violate political norms. But his suggestion that the president has the unilateral power to jail people for federal crimes overstates the president?s authority. Presidents acting alone do not adjudicate criminal cases or send people to jail. By contrast, the Constitution does grant the president the unilateral power to show leniency.

?I want to protect Article I, Article II, Article XII ? go down the list.?
July 8, 2016 at a private meeting with House Republicans
But the Constitution has only seven articles. There is no Article XII.

?We?re going to open up those libel laws. So when The New York Times writes a hit piece which is a total disgrace, or when The Washington Post, which is there for other reasons, writes a hit piece we can sue them and win money instead of having no chance of winning because they?re totally protected.?
Feb. 26, 2016 at a rally in Fort Worth, Tex.
Libel is a state-law tort constrained by constitutional principles. A president?s views do not figure in its application. The Supreme Court has said that the First Amendment erects significant hurdles to libel suits from public officials, candidates for public office and public figures, but it has never said that newspapers are ?totally protected.?

?One of the first things I?d do in terms of executive order, if I win, will be to sign a strong, strong statement that would go out to the country ? anybody killing a police officer, the death penalty is going to happen.?
Dec. 10, 2015 speaking to a police association
Again, Mr. Trump overstates the president?s role in the constitutional order. In addition, the Supreme Court has said that laws calling for mandatory death sentences violate the Constitution?s ban on cruel and unusual punishment.

VideoChat Solutions | Custom Software | IT Support
https://www.2much.net | https://www.lcntech.com
2MuchMark is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote