View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 12:55 PM  
AmeliaG
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonymous View Post
A site as good as theirs, will reach the entire audience if its good enough, it will just take a bit longer to reach such audience, i mean, unless you are lacking the marketing expertise. Given the profit margin of top produced sites, it still should not be a problem to have budgets similar to what they (companies who also own a tube) started with. Just because they spend (lets say 5-7k a scene), doesn't mean you can't match their quality for a bit less and then up it to what they spend once you launch. You may have to spend that much longer finding the perfect locations at a bit of a discount, use a few connections, search a little longer for cheaper marketing help, editors, etc. You do not need to pay riley reid 10k for 2 scenes, this is only what they do once they have the money. You'd be surprised how much fat these big companies have, its because they've been around for ages and they don't care enough to trim it all because they make more than enough to support it. A new company starting in 2016 could do things at a discount as long as they match quality, they'll be fine. Theres no excuse for not producing the same quality they do, like i mentioned before, i know of many companies spending high budgets on scenes, enough to produce the same quality as the companies who also own tubes and their product is nowhere as good, that has nothing to do with them owning tubes. Besides that your producers do not have the talent and you choose to stick with whats comfortable and make excuses for why you cannot reach that level. Instead of realizing you just do not have the eye or drive.

With that said, i do not think them owning tubes should make you shoot for less cost, because you will never be able to compete. Dont suggest tubes are dying because you cannot afford all the tools they all use to their advantage. Tubes are a tool and they purchase them. The thread is about the state of paysites. People who do not own tubes can still utilize said tubes.

I agree with everything you are saying about what pay sites can do to produce quality content. I assume when you say "your" you mean that generically and not me personally.

Regarding tubes, please do not hear me saying what other people have as common complaints about tubes or how tubes can be used as marketing tools. None of that is relevant to this thread topic, so none of that was remotely my point.

Simply advertising an in-house pay site is not at all the only way a tube would monetize that type of content.

So, for example, while Jay Allen might be able to do Game of Thrones level cinematography, if his business model is not to sell shows to HBO, he isn't going to want to spend like that is how he is monetizing. Is that more clear?
AmeliaG is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote