View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 01:57 PM  
AJHall
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ********** View Post
Hi Muad'Dib,

I'd argue that on all points. First if you look at the detail, you'll see that Zuz price is pretty reasonable. It would cost you a shitload of time to do it yourself, and if you hired a webmaster to do it for you it would cost a lot more than Z's charging.

Next, AJ keeps his pricing down, and gets to focus on the code and service by NOT hiring an in-house designer. Everyone everywhere wants their own look-and-feel anyway, and paying a designer to listen make designs would be expensive, especially when some companies such as you would hunt around for 3rd world designers.

Businesswise, AJ's doing the right thing, Zuzana's offer is a good deal, and you would do yourself a good favour by considering it.

Bump for Sarah and AJ - this is a good deal.
Thanks my friend! And spot-on with your explanations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muad'Dib View Post
You missed my point.

I ditched ElevatedX altogether because it's was getting pretty expensive of adding new, customized websites. It' a very good script but it is replaceable.

I just put my 2 cents in. In the current state of the industry when people are actually closing down their websites, you just can't charge so much money for a non exclusive template.

At the end of the day, AJ is losing money because of how complex the script is and how expensive it is to skin and add custom features etc. $999 is just a tip of the iceberg, it would cost you a lot more to make everything look the way you really want to.

As i said, AJ should to hire a full time in-house designer/dev. It would help his business a lot.

A free market makes it simple. If you can't afford something or can't justify the expense, you don't buy it.

I don't buy Kobe beef from the butcher because it's price is insane. I also don't stand in the grocery store bitching publicly that the price of Kobe beef is too high.

I had 3 full time designers on staff before closing my design company in 2008 to focus on Elevated X. Could I do what you propose? Absolutely. But I won't because while I am well aware of the fact that people want to pay nothing or next to nothing for software and design services, I'm committed to a business model that works for us and I have other plans for my company.

Offerings like what Zuzana is doing here are fantastic. An introductory price of $499...which will decrease as she sees sales volume...

In a year's time when Zuzana sells 5, 10, or 20+ different designs for a couple hundred bucks and anyone can pay a small amount to have them customized rather than starting from scratch I doubt anyone will be complaining.

This will be far cheaper than custom designs or any design services Elevated X could offer even if I staffed cheap 3rd world designers.

The potential here is far greater than anything I could do in house at Zuzana's level of quality and her level of design related customer service.

AJ