View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 06:30 PM  
Femjoy Michael
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonymous View Post
Not sure why graphs of google trends are even brought up, about the only thing i would use that for is to gauge the level of interest on google for say, a model.

sorry for letting it continue to go off topic Shap, not many threads in here have any business talk ;)
Agreed. I wished there was more business talk here too.

Alexa sample data is not accurate but does provide an over-view of trends. It takes into account ALL traffic, including garbage paid traffic.

If you know what you are benchmarking on google trends, you can get a pretty good estimate of "quality" traffic such as type-ins, directs, and customers willing to pay.

Let's say I know my competitor converts the same as I do. Since we are in the same niche, our traffic patterns will be similar for type-ins. I benchmark joymii.com against their URL. Knowing the exact amount of direct traffic I get, I can estimate how much direct traffic they get, and therefore roughly their sales amount, even their possible member count.

A paysite can have a really low Alexa, but high google trend since the data is normalized.

Let's say I was your competitor. One day I looked up autumnriley.com on alexa. I see nothing. But when I look it up on google trend, I see a huge spike upwards. That means you are getting a huge increase in direct and SE traffic - the good kind of traffic. I would then try to analyze other data such as SERPs, and WayBackMachine saves - anything to see what you have done to get that huge uptick and how I can get the same thing
Promote some of the most-respected, and best-converting sites in the erotica niche (as proven by affiliates who have promoted our sites and others). Sign up at http://cash.femjoy.com
Femjoy Michael is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote