View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 10:58 AM  
fris
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
Which was my point and one made by others. These are all released as GPL. So yes, technically fris could give them all away and sell them. Yes, they frown upon it. Yes, they don't want it to be done. But, there's nothing stopping fris from doing what he is doing. Especially since they have more expensive "developers" licenses they take this into account.

fris paid for the right to do this. He might be a bit more liberal with who he calls a client (ie. anyone who give him $50), but that doesn't mean he can't do what he did.

This has been hashed out back and forth for years now in the WP circles. The developer's license with the added cost was one of the ORIGINAL RESPONSES to this sort of thing going down.
isnt that how GPL works?

Theirs nothing saying I cant do that, if you dont wanna release a plugin or theme under GPL, then dont.

But I do have to thank Anna, being the rat she is, emailing every provider on the list of options I had.

Ive always been a supporter of her work, dont know why someone would go out of the way to contact every person, when if she looked up each solution and each product is GPL, which states, I can do whatever I want with the final product. (even reselling).

If you dont wanna be a wordpress product under the GPL, then dont do it.

How would anna like If i emaiiled all her clients from her portfolio? Im sure she wouldnt like it.

But if she wants to go out of her way to be a shit distruber, then whats fine, its up to her.

Maybe beflre you do, you might wanna read up on the GPL and what it allows.

I can be reached via email if anyone has any questions as im not at home and wont be visiting this until monday, so replies are all welcome.

even anna who I have no illwill towards even though she did contact everyone out of spite.

I was going to post a url to the GPL, but im sure you know it since you already read it before contacting them right?