View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 09:56 PM  
gideongallery
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
For sure. But name me the superstar groups or people that achieved that level of fame (I don't mean selling out theaters I mean 10,000 seat or bigger places) that hasn't been on a major label.

It may have happened in the 60's or maybe even the 70's, but once a few major companies took control of all of the major radio stations artists needed them in order to get the mass appeal and the only real way to get access to them is through the major labels.

A person can have a hit song without a major label, but there is a big difference between having one hit song and being a superstar.
so you saying that the record industry should have a right to destroy the only chance that those independents have because they have a strangle hold on the old media.

If anything that a reason to leave sites like the pirate bay and mega upload alone.

“When crimes occur through the mail, you don’t shut the post office down,” Steve Wozniak
gideongallery is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote