View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 07:38 AM  
AaronM
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nico-t View Post
Aaron, what do you think about mentally unstable people like Donny who are granted a CCW permit, or are even allowed to own guns?

I think Donny, just like you, me, and everybody else in the world, has had his high points and low points in life. His mistake was making all of his personal problems a public affair. I am one of the only people in the adult industry who has remained his friend through everything he has been through so I'd say I know him better than most others around here. Everybody else claimed to be his friend and then bailed on him in his darkest hour. To me, giving up a good friendship because we have different opinions is "crazy." A number of you sit back and make comments about him being mentally unstable without knowing him at all. If I were in your shoes, I might think the same thing based on the actions we've all seen on GFY.

Although I do not agree with Donny on a number of things, I don't believe he is any more mentally unstable than any of those trolling him. In fact, from my viewpoint, he's more stable than most of them.

Have you seen him interact with his Son? I have and TBH, him and StuartD are the two best parents I have ever met in my life. BOTH have been through tough times and have come out just fine, all things considered.

If somebody is truly mentally unstable then no, they should not be allowed to own any guns. However, the U.S. Federal Government says that decision/diagnosis is to be made by:

"a court. board. commission, or other lawful authority." (question 11f on Form 4473)

"or other lawful authority" includes the Sheriff that Donny had to interview with to get his CCW Permit. It does not include a bunch of people on an Internet forum.

Is it a perfect law? No. Could Donny snap and kill somebody? Perhaps he could but so do cops from time to time and most people trust them with a gun, no?

In the last week, multiple people here have suggested I'm crazy just for carrying a gun. Crazy is defined as:

"1. mentally deranged; demented; insane."

If those who are so against CCW were the ones making the laws and they all labeled us a crazy for carrying then there would be no such thing as a CCW Permit.
AaronM is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote