View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 08:06 PM  
Si
Such Fun!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by globofun View Post
You know what? You are another closed mind person watching TV in Canada...... your brain has been fried from the Libs that were in power for too long.....

If you want to laugh, maybe you can come and laugh and explain to the families of numerous victims of street gangs around here....laugh all you want, but keep in mind that we are all free to have our own opinion, but when you own or represent a program like Pimproll in your nick and sig, you should be moderated in your comments dude...

What do you mean about both sides agreeing on this issue???? Liberals and NDP followers do not agree on people having guns......Conservatives DO!

Maybe Canadian cities are safer than US cities, but I would still be carrying a gun if I could.......
"Around here" is interesting, guess you're living in Vancouver or Edmonton or somewhere like that? Perhaps a poor or shitty area of Toronto?

Street gangs are a social problem, not a gun problem. If street gangs didn't exist you wouldn't feel the need to carry is basically your point. They do exist in places and that means you need protection perhaps, but arming everyone won't solve the street gang problem it will make it worse.

It is totally rational to protect yourself from known threats but when your threats get bigger so do your problems.

For example, I grew up in a shithole area in the UK, the houses looked nice only because they were new and the bricks and mortar of a place are immune to the bullshit of society.

I used to fight all the time when I was young, put friends through pain just to release my anger and got into trouble quite often because of it.

I've been in situations with police on both sides of the fence, when I was young I done something stupid and got caught and ended up being punished. 5-8 years later I was a victim and the same people who taught me a lesson helped teach someone else a lesson.

I carried a knife at one point, never had to use it, it was my brain causing me to believe I needed it because I read about people being stabbed and robbed and mugged.

Yes these people are out there, but the last time someone wanted to steal something of not "real" value but of a fair monetary value from me I laughed at him, he didn't know what to do. The basic truth is he wanted me to "lend" him my bike, or he was going to take it anyway. I pulled the biggest grin let out a huge laugh and looked at his little face as if it was an Orange. Nothing come of it.

I don't know why he felt he could try to push me around but I wouldn't let him, I never had any weapons available to me but my logic, my hands and my feet.

Just some personal shite to throw into the mix of the keyboard warrior bullshit that seems to flying around so far.

Carrying a gun does not make you tough, not carrying a gun can sometimes make you stupid (depending on where you are of course) But if guns didn't exist then we would be having this conversation about swords and knives instead.

I don't think it takes a certain level of Skill, IQ, or Power to kill someone, it is quite the opposite, no well taught level headed and socially aware person could take another persons in (almost) any situation.
Si is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote