View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 09:15 PM  
xenigo
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCrayon View Post
i don;t consider myself a power user really. what i am looking for is something that has both decent performance as well as good battery life. i was considering blackberry because i've used one for the past 3 years and been fairly happy with it. i am not looking to get an iphone really as the plans i have available to me charge a lot of money for them in comparison to other phones but anything else i'd consider i suppose.
I've had 3 generations of Blackberries myself, and I've got a couple sitting in my desk right now actually... and for years I recommended them to everyone, and basically convinced everyone I knew to buy them. But really their time has come and gone, and they're no longer powerful phones like they used to be.

On launch day of the iPhone 4S, I was ready for a change... and I took the opportunity. iOS is a very polished operating system that is equally as stable as BB OS. I have a few gripes, namely the fact that you can't browse the phone's file system... you can't transfer files to other phones via Bluetooth... you can't pull files from your network... and some of my biggest issues with the OS relate to lack of integration with apps like Facebook. BB OS was better in those regards...

But with all that being said, you will find iOS or Android 4 to be a much more gratifying experience. Much faster, and more consistently fast.

Oh and if you're a big fan of push email like I am... just download the Gmail app and your phone will function in exactly the same fashion as a Blackberry.
xenigo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote